Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,314 members, 7,842,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Why Has Sanwo-olu Abandoned VGC Bridge - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Sanwo-olu Abandoned VGC Bridge (151 Views)

Why Has Sanwo-olu Abandoned VGC Bridge / Has Sanwo Olu Been Able To Recover From His Drug Abuse Problem? / How Has Sanwo-Olu Fared In Eight Months As Lagos State Governor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Has Sanwo-olu Abandoned VGC Bridge by VgcBridge: 7:00pm On Jan 07
Why has Sanwo-Olu and the APC abandoned the vgc bridge?

The first question is, has the bridge been abandoned indeed? Does Sanwo-Olu not owe the residents of the area and indeed Lagos State an explanation for the seeming abandonment? Are the residents of the area themselves not even bothered, concerned, aware of their civic rights from the Govt, thus requiring them to ask the right questions? It has indeed been claimed that vgc is home to the supposedly upper Nigerian Society, is therefore none of these folks that could lean on Sanwo-Olu to expedite the bridge completion. Or are these so called upper class citizens all empty but "packaged" barrels?
Too many questions.....
My theory and the most plausible is that it is pay back time for vgc residents who supported LP during the last election. The reason I say this is that I cannot imagine the alternative story which simply can be that the Government ran out of money. I refuse to believe a government as responsible as Sanwo-Olu's government will start a project without first securing the funding including any variation or in fact run out of money in the course of the project.
Therefore, if my first suggestion is correct, whilst I will disagree with Sanwo-Olu that he should not take personal vendata using state developmental resources, my view is that the residents of the area have also been very stupid and it serves them right. Why do I say this, most of the estates in the area are extremely expensive, vgc is the most planned Estate in the whole of Nigeria, the best in terms of planning and infrastructure (if maintained), so why would people who have invested so much engage in self sabotage by opposing the government of the day who can reduce all their investment to nothing by a single policy. Has anyone seen billionaires like Aliko Dangote and Co pick a fight with any government? They are always politically neutral and friends with all. The reason for this is to protect their investments.
If anyone knows of other reasons why the bridge was abandoned then they can share here.
Lagos State can also respond.
That place is an eye sore, lagos state government should please do the needful ASAP.
Re: Why Has Sanwo-olu Abandoned VGC Bridge by SmartPolician: 7:28pm On Jan 07
That's probably because the island doesn't vote for APC. APC needs to understand that enlightened people live on that axis - it is not like Ikorodu where you buy votes with the word of mouth because of too much hunger.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Make Nigeria One Party State. / The Only Thing APC Has Proved In 10 Years Is That They're Worse Than PDP / Cbn, Faan: Nen Replies Onoh, Says He's A Moral Liability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.