Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax (7943 Views)

Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) / AKIRS Seals Off Guarantee Trust Bank Over Tax Default (Photos) / Abba Kyari Queries Tunde Fowler Over Tax Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by GuruboiNaija: 7:14am On Jan 08
The Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, has warned employers about the nation’s capital overtax.

Head of Corporate Communications at the Federal Capital Territory Internal Revenue Service, FCT-IRS, Mustapha Sumaila, disclosed this in a statement on Sunday.

According to him, all employers in Abuja should file their 2023 annual returns on or before January 31 2024.

He added that the demand complied with Section 41 of the Personal Income Tax Act (PITA) 2011 (as amended).

“It is also clearly stated in Sections 94, 95 and 96 of PITA, which stipulate penalties for non-filing, incorrect/false declaration and late submission, and the Service would not hesitate to enforce the laws on the defaulters.

“Meanwhile, FCT-IRS encourages employers of labour, organizations, and agents to file their returns before the January 31 deadline; otherwise, the late filers and non-filers are penalized in accordance with the law,” he stated.

https://.ng/2024/01/08/wike-issues-fresh-warning-to-employers-in-abuja-over-tax/

2 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Nackzy: 7:31am On Jan 08
This man sef

1 Like

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by SmartPolician: 7:43am On Jan 08
Wike is not smiling about increasing the IGR of the FCT and he will definitely achieve that.

17 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by dfrost: 7:44am On Jan 08
cheesy

Something is definitely wrong with Wike. I hope he finds peace.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Telp: 7:44am On Jan 08
undecided
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Maj196(m): 7:44am On Jan 08
Werey grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Impregnable101: 7:45am On Jan 08
Usually, people with this kinda attitude don't last but i pray for him

8 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by obasidon1(m): 7:45am On Jan 08
Smoking man

2 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Reelmii: 7:47am On Jan 08
Wike grin..he no wan gree for anybody...if u misbehave..u will go down grin..this is the only mad man i know in Abuja

4 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by flexyrule(m): 7:48am On Jan 08
Impregnable101:

dfrost:

What's wrong with you people?

So demanding that employers send in tax payments for their employees is now a crime? Yet you envy countries that have an efficient tax system, and are achieving much with the revenues they generate from tax payments..

Since Wike became minister, alot of development has been going on in the FCT. Abandoned roads are being executed, a bit of sanity has been restored.

In less than 1 year, only El-Rufai has matched Wike's performance.

Personally, I don't like him, but that won't stop me from giving him accolades when he deserves it.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by omoiyalayi(m): 7:50am On Jan 08
All of you insulting Wike should be ashamed of yourselves

He's simply doing his work no city grow without internally generated revenue

We should all focus our energy on how he and the ministry utilise the tax for the betterment of the fct.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Zico5(m): 7:52am On Jan 08
Wike just want to be in the news at all cost. He wants to eat his cake and at the same time have it. All these gragra will end very soon. Position of governor is different from that of a minister. He should just keep his corruption mind away for now cos if he dip his hands recklessly into the treasury of FCT, he will regret it. It will surprise u later that those that exposed Beta Edu are her inner caucus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by aguluobi: 7:54am On Jan 08
So he should not worry about collecting taxes in Abuja ba ?!

Impregnable101:
dfrost:
cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by ManishSmith(m): 7:57am On Jan 08
Just noise as usual
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by dfrost: 7:58am On Jan 08
aguluobi:
So he should not worry about collecting taxes in Abuja ba ?!

You are getting it wrong. BO doesn't shout, he gets work done.

Only him fighting with SIM, Atiku, PDP, Rivers people, even at war with himself.

A man doesn't like act that else he self-destructs.

1 Like

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by nstore: 7:59am On Jan 08
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by dfrost: 7:59am On Jan 08
flexyrule:

So demanding that employers send in tax payments for their employees is now a crime? Yet you envy countries that have an efficient tax system, and are achieving much with the revenues they generate from tax payments..

Since Wike became minister, alot of development has been going on in the FCT. Abandoned roads are being executed, a bit of sanity has been restored.

Personally, I don't like him, but that won't stop me from giving him accolades when he deserves it.

Flex, calm down. Wike needs peace, trust me. He needs it.
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by 1gbdata: 8:00am On Jan 08
Wike
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Globad(f): 8:01am On Jan 08
Loverboi2cute:
MY OWN BE SAY, THEY SHOULD PLS LEAVE BETTA CHIMAOBIM EDU D FU*ÇK ALONE !!!...

THERE ARE SO MANY WORST CRIMES BEING PERPETRATATED BY CRIMINALS IN D SYSTEM DAT MAKES BETTA LOOK LIKE SAINT, NOBODY IS PROBING DAT

ABEEGGI MAKE DEM FASHI AM

Wow

3 Likes

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Villagesquare: 8:01am On Jan 08
Ok
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Impregnable101: 8:01am On Jan 08
flexyrule:

What he's currently doing to the governor of river state is also right, abi?

1 Like

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Savanahustle: 8:15am On Jan 08
Tax is about the only policy that is implemented hastily in this country without delay

Oh I forgot

Also when they want to share money for themselves or appointments, you will hear with immediate effect.

All of us go get sense for this country las las

1 Like

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by HephzibahFarms: 8:16am On Jan 08
Wike is not ready to govern Abuja. All he wants is all the goodies attached to the seat.

Wike, please wake up from your slumber. Abuja is totally in ruin. The level of Robbery & kidnapping going on Abuja now is out of this world and Wike is busy sharing rice and fighting Gov. Fubara in Rivers State.

Almost on a daily basis, they kidnap and kill in Kuduru, Sabongari, Piawe, Abuja law School in Bwari. Few days ago, Seven (7) family members were kidnapped in Zuma all in Bwari.

Also, 'one-chance' robbery in a taxi is going on unabated in FCT. Dutse, Gwarinmpa, Kubwa is not safe. Kidnappers are everywhere. And Wike is busy dancing everywhere. May God judge you and all your cronies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by LaziestYouth: 8:18am On Jan 08
Madooo
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by Angelfrost(m): 8:22am On Jan 08
2024... The year of Renewed Hope Taxation! cool
Re: Wike Issues Fresh Warning To Employers In Abuja Over Tax by waveman2: 8:23am On Jan 08
Abeg shift they only copy some aspect of developed countries and don't copy everything.you are shouting tax,what about providing NHIS to the same private sector that you collect tax from.If govt is sincere they don't have to beg people to come and pay tax people will willingly do it.

flexyrule:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Atiku Gay? / Why Rochas Okorocha Won / Falana Wants EFCC To Probe Loans Given By Ex-CBN Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.