Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi (6372 Views)

Some Quotes On Corruption, Governance, Leadership, Poverty And Hunger. / It Is PDP Loyalists That Are Complaining Of Hardship Not Nigerians - Ngige / One Killed As IPOB Members Protest In Onitsha - Vanguard News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Depointer1: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2011
Some of the protesters, yesterday.

Over 2,000 members of All Saints Cathedral Anglican Communion yesterday took to the streets in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi State capital, protesting what they described as bad leadership, hardship and hunger in the state. The Christians were seen holding brooms and symbolically sweeping hardship, hunger and bad leadership out of the state.
The protesters, who marched through strategic locations and major streets in Abakaliki, obstructed the flow of traffic, singing and calling on God to come to the aid of the state.

The protesters chanted choruses and brandished their brooms, which they said symbolises spiritual clean-up of the state.
The spokesperson of the group, Evangelist Ephraim Ononye, decried the level of suffering and slow pace of development witnessed in the state.

According to him, “Ebonyi is backward, among other states in the South-East zone. Ebonyi State is the most backward state. In this state, nothing is moving and people are complaining, people are crying, people are suffering; there is darkness in this state and we need light to shine”.

Ononye appealed to the leaders and the people of the state to embrace change in all their undertakings.

“We demand that government and the governed embrace change. We want change, that is why we are going round this roundabout and I know that there is power in what we are doing; let the government govern the people with its heart,” he said.

He stated that the clergy in the state had commenced prayers for the liberation of the state from what he described as the forces of darkness and expressed the hope that the exercise will produce positive result.

There was, however, a mild drama when a young politician in the state intercepted the protesters claiming that they were blocking the road.

But, he was challenged by some of the protesters who shouted “Holy Ghost Fire” on him, insisting that there was still thoroughfare for motorists.

The Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr. Chike Onwe, in a swift reaction said the government was doing its best in providing an enabling environment to ensure the wellbeing of the people.

Onwe explained that the task of taking the state to its desired destination was the collective responsibility of all and called on the church and other organisations, as well as wealthy individuals to join hands with the government towards the development of the state.

http://www.nigeriancompass.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7499:church-members-protest-hardship-hunger-in-ebonyi&catid=54:nigeria-today&Itemid=594
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Depointer1: 3:17am On Nov 04, 2011
Listening to Pastor Adeboye on CNN, he said he doesn't believe in protest or demonstration but only through prayer. He said people should come to church and ask God to touch the heart of ppl in government. Well, come to think of it, another pastor leading a protest in Ebonyi. "Who's report will you believe" as the gospel song goes.

Pastor Adeboye could be right because he s protecting people of being killed by the trigger happy police. But, I think God doesnt care about us in Nigeria anymore. I av been praying for Nigeria since 30years ago in church but the prayer keep making our corrupt politicians look fat and enriching their pockets.

Kudus to the Church members. I wish the Redeem Church can do the same after the next holy ghost vigil. Walahi, it will be like a 'Dynamite'. It will be too much for the govt to handle but our Men of God dont want anything that will scuffle the tithe and offering.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Odunnu: 4:42am On Nov 04, 2011
For real, Ebonyi state is the most backward in the SE.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 04, 2011
Odunnu:

For real, Ebonyi state is the most backward in the SE.
and Nigeria. grin
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 04, 2011
Nobody should be hungari in an oil rich country.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2011
Says who ?
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 04, 2011
Me. And that should be enough.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 04, 2011
And who are you ? grin grin
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 04, 2011
So it has come to that? Deny me two more times.  grin
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 04, 2011
Ako e ti poju ? Anyways longest time.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 04, 2011
Bawo lo se long? Ibo lo lo, tori a jo wa lori section yi ni?
Make we no derail sha, OAM4J no dey play anymore tongue
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 04, 2011
Kilo kan mi pelu yen ? Anyways ku ojo meta
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 04, 2011
Ojo metadinlogun pelu. grin
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 04, 2011
O si ni fb mo ni ?'
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 04, 2011
You have derailed this thread sha angry
mo si wa ni be, but mii ki n ko nkankan si. Se o fe wo aworan oyun mi ni FB ni? tori mii kuku fi sibe. tongue
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 04, 2011
Congratulations. . . .talo wa fun loyun bayi ?
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 04, 2011
LOL. Joseph grin
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 04, 2011
Se lara awon boyz nairaland ni ?
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by dustydee: 7:47am On Nov 04, 2011
Sad that people go hungry in Nigeria
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 04, 2011
dustydee:

Sad that people go hungry in Nigeria
tahnks to Jonathan and his ruling party !
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Abagworo(m): 7:51am On Nov 04, 2011
I think the Pastor has joined ACN and is using his congregations puverty as a campaign strategy.The broom is their symbol.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2011
Abagworo:

I think the Pastor has joined ACN and is using his congregations puverty as a campaign strategy.The broom is their symbol.
is ebonyi not a pdp/ibo state ?
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Odunnu: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

and Nigeria. grin
i take it you havent visited the north
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2011
~Bluetooth:

and Nigeria. grin
try to have sense for once
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by room702(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
Depointer1:

Listening to Pastor Adeboye on CNN, he said he doesn't believe in protest or demonstration but only through prayer. He said people should come to church and ask God to touch the heart of ppl in government. Well, come to think of it, another pastor leading a protest in Ebonyi. "Who's report will you believe" as the gospel song goes.

Pastor Adeboye could be right because he s protecting people of being killed by the trigger happy police. But, I think God doesnt care about us in Nigeria anymore. I av been praying for Nigeria since 30years ago in church but the prayer keep making our corrupt politicians look fat and enriching their pockets.

Kudus to the Church members. I wish the Redeem Church can do the same after the next holy ghost vigil. Walahi, it will be like a 'Dynamite'. It will be too much for the govt to handle but our Men of God dont want anything that will scuffle the tithe and offering.  

i cosign everything you just said. i wonder if God still care about us in naija. it seems like God already gave us the solution but we are too dumb sad and greedy to see it
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by kooto(m): 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2011
This protest to me shows that Ebonyi state government parties more than other states, maybe this protest  & some others will reduce their partying, & make things a bit better for the people.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by hajifaty: 12:46pm On Nov 04, 2011
Why not take their protest to Aso Rock? Useless nigerians that have eyes but can't see anything. na that hunger go kill u all if you can't stand up for your right and fight all these corrupt leaders. From the day you stop taking a cup of rice and oil before voting will be the beginning of the journey to good govt.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by cbjonstage(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2011
i will join u guyz in prayer, i always sit my ass on tv @ nite listening to news in capital city; no gudnews about development heard from our quarter (ebonyi) are we CURSED

instead let vibrant, technocrats or visionaries lead us in most govt agencies and parastatal rather than old skool politicians
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Odunnu:

i take it you havent visited the north
ebonyi is at par with most of those terrible places in the north.
Johnpaul2k2:

try to have sense for once
I guess your brain is melting.
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by mployer(m): 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2011
There is so much juju in ebonyi state. thats the simple reason for the darkness
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by Beync(f): 1:11pm On Nov 04, 2011
At least they are not covering their situation like all is well, they need change and it is no crime to ask for wat you deserve. All they want is for Govt to sit up for their responsilities. It is better to air where it's paining you than to be a professor while live in abject poverty
Re: Church Members Protest Hardship And Hunger In Ebonyi by juman(m): 1:19pm On Nov 04, 2011
hajifaty:

Why not take their protest to Aso Rock? Useless nigerians that have eyes but can't see anything. na that hunger go kill u all if you can't stand up for your right and fight all these corrupt leaders. From the day you stop taking a cup of rice and oil before voting will be the beginning of the journey to good govt.
^^^^

Just a fight between two area boys can cause revolution in the country when time comes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING ---Buhari And Apc Continues Clamp-down On SE+SS --- Ekweremadu Arrested / Serene Tarkwa Bay, One Of The Best Beaches In Lagos. / Prof Zulum Enrols 5,361 Orphans In Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.