Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,746 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

Writing ACCA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Writing ACCA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! (71 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Writing ACCA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:58pm On Jan 08
ACCA - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

Just like the other threads on CIMA and BCS, this thread is for people who need an extra certificate/qualification to add to their bachelor's degree and thus, be able to choose the "Two or more degree option". Depending on your current CRS score, this gives you an extra 30+ points.

Although I have no background in accounting, I have beginner knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping and having gone through the syllabus, I strongly believe that I can pass the exams after 3 months of studying (I officially started studying on the 1st of January, 2024).

You don't need to have a background in accounting to be eligible to take the exams, you only need a bachelor's degree.

The exam is officially called the ACCA Applied Knowledge exams and it is 3-paper exam + an online course that must be completed. I have all the study materials for the 3 exams plus video lessons (Kaplan for the books and OpenTuition for the videos). If you want them, send me a Whatsapp message (my phone number is included both in my signature and on my profile page).

The three exams are: Business and Technology (BT), Management Accounting (MA) and Financial Accounting (FA). There is an online course on professional ethics that you must complete to get the certificate.

Registration is £99 (99 pounds sterling), while the cost of each paper is based on the centre where you take the exams. In 2023, it costs N101,930 per exam at British Council where the exams are conducted each month.

For more details about the exams check accaglobal.com

Basic recommended procedure:
1.) Register with ACCA for the ACCA Applied Knowledge exams on accaglobal.com. The fee is £99. You pay online with a dollar Mastercard or Visa card.

2.) Send your credentials to ACCA. you'll get the email to send it after registration

3.) Study for your exams (contact me if you want study materials)

4.) Exam registration is N101,930 per exam at British Council. Exam is electronic, you choose a convenient month when you are ready (there are two other places to sit for the exam asides British Council, I will include them later).

5.) You will get your results immediately after you have finished the exams, however you still need to complete an online course which is about professional ethics. The pass mark is 50%. The questions are mostly multiple-choice answers and some data-entry answers (just like the writing test of IELTS).

6.) You're to take the BT, MA, FA exams in addition to completing the online course on professional ethics in order to get the ACCA Applied Knowledge certificate which you'll evaluate with WES.

I will add other details to this thread. I am currently studying the Business and Technology study text by Kaplan.

On a daily basis, I will try my best to post the study questions that I write while studying so that you would understand the material better, e.g., Q1.) What is SWOT analysis? - page 56 [When you read the question, then you go to the page to read and answer the question - it is very effective for these kinds of exams].

If you need the study resources, contact me through Whatsapp.

(1) (Reply)

What Can 9255664920 Logistic Services Of America Offer Your Business? / Needing A Logo For Your Brand Or Company? / Exploring Legal Precautions For Travelers: Understanding Caveat Petitions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.