Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,093 members, 7,814,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application (16739 Views)

Fire Razes Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters In Abuja / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Launches Automated And Semi Automated Hand Sanitizer / Akeredolu Launches Automated Land Use Charge Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by landmark86: 5:11pm On Jan 08
The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) on Monday launched the automated passport application process to expedite passport acquisition for Nigerians.
The NIS in a statement on Monday said the launch followed a live demonstration session hosted by the Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, unveiling the functionality of the new system to stakeholders from across the country on Saturday in Abuja.

Speaking during the technical session, the Minister noted that the new reform seeks to redefine how citizens enrol and procure the international passport in line with the Renewed Hope agenda of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

With an emphasis on convenience, reduced processing time, and an overall seamless experience, the Minister assured the public that this new solution will enhance national security and data protection.

He said: “With the new solution, application, processing, review, and approval will all be done online. On knowledge transfer, we have trained our officers to assume the new roles.
With what we have done now, we have reduced the process of requesting for a passport to about six minutes. This does not require anybody to visit the immigration office and it will reduce the pressure on the immigration officers.

“As I speak, we have made arrangements for power and internet service providers to ensure at least 99.9% uptime. By February, Nigerians in the diaspora can have this same experience.”

On identity theft, the Minister disclosed that the Service has also achieved its objective of harmonization of data through its technical handshake with the National Identity Management Commission, NIMC.

Speaking on the readiness of the system and the men of the Service, the Comptroller General of NIS, Mrs Adepoju Carol Wura-Ola, stated that the new process was a result of hardwork and determination of the Service.

She said: “What you’re seeing today is the product of dedication and motivation to see that an end comes to the stress, pains, and hardship that Nigerians go through to procure the international passport both at home and in the diaspora.

“We are motivated to stamp out corruption. That the Green Passport is restored to its place of pride. The Minister, Hon. Dr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo has challenged the Service, and has provided resources and technical know-how.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/01/08/nis-launches-automated-passport-application/?fbclid=IwAR02NDVp-_WYYHwZJKmLYb1cZwZhuHAPtMTbljDGlU8ph8HfFh_OYZJ4LxU

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by alna: 5:33pm On Jan 08
The government is working

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by cenaman(m): 5:45pm On Jan 08
Magu magu go still dey
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by bigdammyj: 5:55pm On Jan 08
Following...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by cremedelacreme: 5:57pm On Jan 08
Way to go. The only positive thing this administration has achieved.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by sukkot: 5:57pm On Jan 08
Hmm
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Father4all: 5:58pm On Jan 08
Rubbish. Site isn't opening since morning

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by easyelliot(m): 5:58pm On Jan 08
Just used it and my appointment date is September
Earliest appointment
How is that progress?

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by adicius: 5:58pm On Jan 08
Well done minister Olubunmi Tunji Ojo. Best working minister under president Tinubu. Kudus to you, 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by seunlayi(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08
This is great
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by dfrost: 6:01pm On Jan 08
easyelliot:
Earliest appointment
How is that progress?

Abeg no kill me. At least you won't have to bribe. Also if you needed urgently, why wait till now?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by henrimoto(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08
.. Long Live the minister of Interior. Mr. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Nteogwuija(m): 6:01pm On Jan 08
Register online first then go for capturing. Na there you go know wetin u put urself into.

Until we start dealing with corrupt individuals in the civil service, then I'd believe in a better Nigeria.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by IMASTEX: 6:02pm On Jan 08
Good
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by GreaterfutureII(m): 6:04pm On Jan 08
Some persons should test and give feedback in 2 weeks, or month at most.
But is this different from what's on ground before? Many people on twitter are saying NO
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Abmus: 6:04pm On Jan 08
Muna drop the site to apply abeg
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Germi9: 6:05pm On Jan 08
Na lie oo
Dem dey stress me like dis
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Abmus: 6:05pm On Jan 08
Father4all:
Rubbish. Site isn't opening since morning
wahala dey o
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by Tetraozonaitera: 6:07pm On Jan 08
Many non Nigerians will have access to our passport. Although you need NIN to get it.
Many has NIN

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by kingsworldola: 6:07pm On Jan 08
Just like the government, the portal is not working. Please just tell me one thing that is working with this government

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by yemmight(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08
I know we will get there. Me I believe in this government.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by chukxon: 6:09pm On Jan 08
The application is seamless.. I did mine online and got appointment nest day I went for capturing...

👍 Goodone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by sleeknaija(m): 6:10pm On Jan 08
easyelliot:
Earliest appointment
How is that progress?

How come? I did mine online last week Friday and was given appointment date for 2/2/2024

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by ssogundele(m): 6:10pm On Jan 08
Let me now start to process my passport
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by sleeknaija(m): 6:10pm On Jan 08
kingsworldola:
Just like the government, the portal is not working. Please just tell me one thing that is working with this government

Maybe ma 3G network u dey use cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by specialmati(m): 6:11pm On Jan 08
grin grin grin grin grin grin how much to renew
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by sulakishop(m): 6:12pm On Jan 08
We are getting it right for once

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service Launches Automated Passport Application by medicaljobadver: 6:14pm On Jan 08
Would it stop the unofficial payments involved, the middle men and reduce waiting time?
https://chukwudozie.substack.com/p/well-built-4-flats-in-secured-unity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Legislators Agree To Belt-tightening, Cut N’assembly’s Budget By 25%-thisday / Police Declare War On Armed Herdsmen / Adamawa: Aisha Buhari Congratulates Two Female Winners Of APC Senate Tickets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.