Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God (486 Views)

The Horror Dream I Had About TB Joshua's Synagogue Church Last Night / RCCG Convention 2019: "And God Said" - August 5 - 11th / How To Identify Fake Prophets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 8:02pm On Jan 08
I HAVE SHARED FEW WORDS SOMETIMES AGO WITH THE MAN (that was) IN THE SYNAGOGUE.

Many of us weren’t here when Babalola was here, Some of us witnessed Idahosa, however make no mistake, TB Joshua was truly a spiritually powerful man. He evidently did a lot of good with his huge philanthropy works and family reconciliations.
He actually evidently performed a lot of miracles.
Since he did this much good, we may not need to bother to ask if he is a man of God or not. But then there are counterfeit drinks around now. They carry the label and brand names of the original, taste similar and even intoxicate. We will definitely help our kidneys and general wellness if we take time to look at the things we consume and enjoy to ascertain they are really original especially after a lot of people have started raising suspicions and reservations about them.

Do you think it is for nothing the Bible said false prophets will come? When the Bible spoke of spiritual leaders that are wolves but that will come in sheep clothing, don’t you know the Bible was talking about strong men that will do a lot of good things but inwardly they are predators that will prey on the flock? When the Bible said that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, do you think it will be easy to identify Satan and his works like in the movies where he adorns black clothes? When in Ecclesiastes it was stated that there is just one upright man among thousands, you think it’s blasphemy when I said out of the hundred Nigeria pastors I haven’t seen one that is consistent with the Bible? You that you are angry and defensive of pastors, you think the Bible do not know what it is saying when it stated this false prophets will deceive MANY?

Counterfeit money has value until it is found out. Satan is EONS of years old so he is smart. He operates like a draught player that sacrifices few seeds to ‘eat’ more and win the game. He does a lot of good. Satan heals. He enriches. He comforts families. He repairs relationships. He preaches the word and even like a 419 syndicate make agreements with his demon to pretend to vacate a place. Why? To get a bigger aim of gaining and enslaving many more, to confuse the nature of God and become a god in people’s life. And to even redicule God when the evil works his agents do in the name of God are uncovered.

How do you then identify a man of God to protect yourself and others from future agony?

You do not recognize them by the miracles they perform or their good works. Remember Egyptian priest performed the same miracles Moses performed. You only use the Bible as a litmus paper to ascertain them.

I tell you the truth as it is in the Bible. Many of the signs to look for appear subtle and irrelevant but they are what they are, signs:

*A man of God especially a young one will show enough humility by not allowing himself be called papa or father or make it a title. - Matthew 23:9

* A man of God will by his life and preaching discourage abortion. Abortion is murder. - Exodus 21:22,23.

* A man of God will not encourage believe in the trinity. Trinity is blasphemy against God and it’s a doctrine of demons. - Mark 12:29

* God has a personal name different from his several titles, sobriquets and appellations. A man of God will intentionally and consistently expose and use Gods name. John 17:26.

* A man of God will not collect tithes. - 2Corinthians 9:7.

These above signs look trivial, but God is loving and he has made identifying true worship easy for sincere people.
Granted, 90+% of churches are guilty of the above and that in itself is a sign because narrow is the way that leads to salvation and it’s even few people that finds it to start with. Millions that are calling christ name or that are being called Christians and that even perform miracles in the name of Jesus will at the end discover that Christ do not know them. Eschew sentiments. Serve God on his terms. Do not add or remove a dot from the Bible.

Don’t be a pawn in Satans chess. There is a constant war for the soul of men going on between Darkness and light.

If any pastor do not carry the label of the few ‘signs’ I listed above, then you should not be surprised if bad revelations comes to light about their secret evil dealings. They are children of the Devil and their father the Devil is a murderer and liar from the beginning, John 8:44. This pastors though with immense powers are being laid bare about the source of their power in Revelation 16:13,14;
“And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Satan is gathering people by unclean inspired expressions and miraculous signs. Be courageous and choose your camp today.

God will not empower a rapist. God will not empower people that physically assault. God will not empower an ostentatious flasher of wealth. God will not empower someone that aborts. No! The spirit of God or his anointing will not continue with such person. Any good he does isn’t from God and it isn’t aimed at promoting God.

Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08
thinkmoney:
I HAVE SHARED FEW WORDS SOMETIMES AGO WITH THE MAN (that was) IN THE SYNAGOGUE.

Many of us weren’t here when Babalola was here, Some of us witnessed Idahosa, however make no mistake, TB Joshua was truly a spiritually powerful man. He evidently did a lot of good with his huge philanthropy works and family reconciliations.
He actually evidently performed a lot of miracles.
Since he did this much good, we may not need to bother to ask if he is a man of God or not. But then there are counterfeit drinks around now. They carry the label and brand names of the original, taste similar and even intoxicate. We will definitely help our kidneys and general wellness if we take time to look at the things we consume and enjoy to ascertain they are really original especially after a lot of people have started raising suspicions and reservations about them.

Do you think it is for nothing the Bible said false prophets will come? When the Bible spoke of spiritual leaders that are wolves but that will come in sheep clothing, don’t you know the Bible was talking about strong men that will do a lot of good things but inwardly they are predators that will prey on the flock? When the Bible said that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light, do you think it will be easy to identify Satan and his works like in the movies where he adorns black clothes? When in Ecclesiastes it was stated that there is just one upright man among thousands, you think it’s blasphemy when I said out of the hundred Nigeria pastors I haven’t seen one that is consistent with the Bible? You that you are angry and defensive of pastors, you think the Bible do not know what it is saying when it stated this false prophets will deceive MANY?

Counterfeit money has value until it is found out. Satan is EONS of years old so he is smart. He operates like a draught player that sacrifices few seeds to ‘eat’ more and win the game. He does a lot of good. Satan heals. He enriches. He comforts families. He repairs relationships. He preaches the word and even like a 419 syndicate make agreements with his demon to pretend to vacate a place. Why? To get a bigger aim of gaining and enslaving many more, to confuse the nature of God and become a god in people’s life. And to even redicule God when the evil works his agents do in the name of God are uncovered.

How do you then identify a man of God to protect yourself and others from future agony?

You do not recognize them by the miracles they perform or their good works. Remember Egyptian priest performed the same miracles Moses performed. You only use the Bible as a litmus paper to ascertain them.

I tell you the truth as it is in the Bible. Many of the signs to look for appear subtle and irrelevant but they are what they are, signs:

*A man of God especially a young one will show enough humility by not allowing himself be called papa or father or make it a title. - Matthew 23:9

* A man of God will by his life and preaching discourage abortion. Abortion is murder. - Exodus 21:22,23.

* A man of God will not encourage believe in the trinity. Trinity is blasphemy against God and it’s a doctrine of demons. - Mark 12:29

* God has a personal name different from his several titles, sobriquets and appellations. A man of God will intentionally and consistently expose and use Gods name. John 17:26.

* A man of God will not collect tithes. - 2Corinthians 9:7.

These above signs look trivial, but God is loving and he has made identifying true worship easy for sincere people.
Granted, 90+% of churches are guilty of the above and that in itself is a sign because narrow is the way that leads to salvation and it’s even few people that finds it to start with. Millions that are calling christ name or that are being called Christians and that even perform miracles in the name of Jesus will at the end discover that Christ do not know them. Eschew sentiments. Serve God on his terms. Do not add or remove a dot from the Bible.

Don’t be a pawn in Satans chess. There is a constant war for the soul of men going on between Darkness and light.

If any pastor do not carry the label of the few ‘signs’ I listed above, then you should not be surprised if bad revelations comes to light about their secret evil dealings. They are children of the Devil and their father the Devil is a murderer and liar from the beginning, John 8:44. This pastors though with immense powers are being laid bare about the source of their power in Revelation 16:13,14;
“And I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and they perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.

Satan is gathering people by unclean inspired expressions and miraculous signs. Be courageous and choose your camp today.

God will not empower a rapist. God will not empower people that physically assault. God will not empower an ostentatious flasher of wealth. God will not empower someone that aborts. No! The spirit of God or his anointing will not continue with such person. Any good he does isn’t from God and it isn’t aimed at promoting God.

Ọmọ they're all fake prophets!

The true God never promised none Israelites supernatural gifts so if anyone is claiming gifts of miracles today they are all liars.
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 8:11pm On Jan 08
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ they're all fake prophets!

The true God never promised none Israelites supernatural gifts so if anyone is claiming gifts of miracles today they are all liars.
They do have that gifts really. They have actually helped people. But then the matter is the source of the gift and the aim it promotes
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by mbaise1000: 8:16pm On Jan 08
What most people don't understand is that not all that claim to be a Christian is a Christian, the main purpose of Jesus'coming is to reconcile man with God, and anyone with the holy spirit in them knows that Joshua and the majority of the present and past gods of men are not christians,.
Anyone that still thinks that miracles and prophecies and signs and wonders are the things that show or prove a person as a Christian doesn't know who God or Jesus is, more than 99.9% of THOSE that used to go to Joshua and his church didn't go there because of heaven but because of the miracles, those that want to make heaven doesn't go to places like that

1 Like

Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:39am On Jan 09
thinkmoney:

They do have that gifts really. They have actually helped people. But then the matter is the source of the gift and the aim it promotes

The highlighted has given you the answer!

Jesus said:

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23

So they have the power but do you think it's from the true God?
Jesus said "they're not doing God's will" which means the purpose of the spirit that empowered them negates God's purpose! 2Corinthians 11:14

1 Like

Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by paxonel(m): 7:09am On Jan 09
If all the reports presented by BBC about this man are true, then he was certainly a psychopath philanthropist, traditional fetish religionist whose gifts of miracles cannot be verified to be from God.
And no one can say he is not a Christian because he clearly believes in Jesus Christ.

The question now is, is he in heaven?
The answer is, he is certainly in heaven inspite all that he has done.

This call for a caution : That one should not allow to be brainwashed any man of God because at the end, you will have yourself to blame
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:26am On Jan 09
paxonel:

And no one can say he is not a Christian because he clearly believes in Jesus Christ.
Instead of asking first to know:
who is a Christian?
You concluded that he believes in Jesus Christ.
Do you know what it means to BELIEVE (TRUST) in someone?

Let me give you an illustration:
Imagine someone going about shouting your name here and there telling people he is your friend and giving people gifts of all kinds but then the standard you set to help people enjoy peace and security he is working against it to the point that there is no peace and security in all the places this man is shouting your name.
Please is he working for you or against you?

TB Joshua is gathering people to make money and feed the poor yet the purpose for which Jesus commissioned Christianity was ignored as his members can't preach the good news just as Jesus commanded all they're after is how each person will solve his own personal problems in a world that's filled with problems so in what way did TBJ trust (believe) in the teachings of that man from Nazareth? Matthew 7:15-23
paxonel:

He has eaten his own portion of what God gave us all which is the opportunity to prove ourselves faithful to him and spotless in a world that's filled with lawlessness so he is gone for good never to be remembered during the resurrection of the dead because he chose to be evil when he had all the opportunity to be faithful to God! Psalms 9:17
paxonel:

This call for a caution : That one should not allow to be brainwashed any man of God because at the end, you will have yourself to be blamed
Those belonging to the house of faith will know the truth and it will set them free! John 8:32
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 8:15am On Jan 09
MaxInDHouse:

The highlighted has given you the answer!

Jesus said:

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23

So they have the power but do you think it's from the true God?
Jesus said "they're not doing God's will" which means the purpose of the spirit that empowered them negates God's purpose! 2Corinthians 11:14
Thank you my brother
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 8:30am On Jan 09
paxonel:
If all the reports presented by BBC about this man are true, then he was certainly a psychopath philanthropist, traditional fetish religionist whose gifts of miracles cannot be verified to be from God.

This call for a caution : That one should not allow to be brainwashed any man of God because at the end, you will have yourself to blame
All u have said is not consistent with the Bible. U may use Jesus’ name and not be a Christian really.
You may even do good all your life and not be acceptable especially if the things that empower u arent from God.

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:21am On Jan 09
thinkmoney:

Thank you my brother
You're welcome Sir!

1 Like

Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by paxonel(m): 9:08pm On Jan 09
thinkmoney:

All u have said is not consistent with the Bible. U may use Jesus’ name and not be a Christian really.
You may use Jesus name as an unbeliever for how long?
See, you can't serve two masters at a time it's not possible.
You can't consistently call the name of Jesus for long when you are a Muslim or Hinduist or Buhuddist., it's not possible.
We judge people by what they believe through their consistent actions.
The bible says whoever call the name of the Lord shall be saved.
So if the man has consistently call the name of the Lord throughout his ministry, you are no in better position to judge whether God accepted him or not.

You may even do good all your life and not be acceptable especially if the things that empower u arent from God
you are right here
doing good has nothing to do with ones religion or faith.

But do you think that the man truly had any power from anywhere to perform miracles?
You know, people are easily deceived.
The truth is, there is no mountain anywhere one can go to get power.
All those miracles you see him or any pastor performing might just be fictions of the mind and can be arranged by some acted scripts

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!" Matthew 7:21-23
To confirm what i said, look at the scripture again.
Can one truly call Jesus Lord Lord when he truly do not believe deep in his heart?
Even if he does, for how long?

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Which means, they truly did not believe in their heart. That's why Jesus said not everyone who called him Lord Lord shall be saved.
He was strictly referring to those his disciples.

But that is not the case with this TB Joshua, he was consistently calling the name of Christ throughout his ministry, we all saw it.

All i will say about him is, like many Christians today especially in Africa, the man did all he did out of ignorance and he has paid dearly for it.
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09
paxonel:
You may use Jesus name as an unbeliever for how long?
See, you can't serve two masters at a time it's not possible.
You can't consistently call the name of Jesus for long when you are a Muslim or Hinduist or Buhuddist., it's not possible.
We judge people by what they believe through their consistent actions.
The bible says whoever call the name of the Lord shall be saved.
So if the man has consistently call the name of the Lord throughout his ministry, you are no in better position to judge whether God accepted him or not.
you are right here
doing good has nothing to do with ones religion or faith.

But do you think that the man truly had any power from anywhere to perform miracles?
You know, people are easily deceived.
The truth is, there is no mountain anywhere one can go to get power.
All those miracles you see him or any pastor performing might just be fictions of the mind and can be arranged by some acted scripts
To confirm what i said, look at the scripture again.
Can one truly call Jesus Lord Lord when he truly do not believe deep in his heart?
Even if he does, for how long?

John 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

Which means, they truly did not believe in their heart. That's why Jesus said not everyone who called him Lord Lord shall be saved.
He was strictly referring to those his disciples.

But that is not the case with this TB Joshua, he was consistently calling the name of Christ throughout his ministry, we all saw it.

All i will say about him is, like many Christians today especially in Africa, the man did all he did out of ignorance and he has paid dearly for it.

Those people in that verse called the name of the lord obviously till they met Jesus at judgement. We can imagine they did all their life’s and they weren’t even known by The Lord.
So please let’s let Bible guide us and eschew sentiments. Bible clearly said they also performed miracles and cast out demons yet Christ do not know them. If you understand Bible very well and study revelation in particular, you will understand that in the Bible has foretold that in our time false prophets will come up and the Devil (the beast in Revelation) will empower them to prophesy and perform great miracles. So Devil actually empower this men
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by paxonel(m): 12:30am On Jan 10
thinkmoney:

Those people in that verse called the name of the lord obviously till they met Jesus at judgement. We can imagine they did all their life’s and they weren’t even known by The Lord.
who said so that they weren't even known by Lord?
Are you telling me that Jesus didn't know his disciples?

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I'm telling you that, many of these disciples called Jesus Lord Lord, yet they rejected him when the time came. John 6:66.
Even Peter denied him at some point, but he was restored.

We all know that TB Joshua never denied Jesus but consistently calling his name throughout his ministry, so stop being judgemental.

So please let’s let Bible guide us and eschew sentiments. Bible clearly said they also performed miracles and cast out demons yet Christ do not know them.]/quote] it's still the same thing I'm saying
[quote]
If you understand Bible very well and study revelation in particular, you will understand that in the Bible has foretold that in our time
sorry, bible never mentioned our time, it's purely assumption.
Do you know how many time's that have passed since the book of revelation was written?
Why must it be our time?

false prophets will come up and the Devil (the beast in Revelation) will empower them to prophesy and perform great miracles. So Devil actually empower this men
I'm telling you that TB Joshua may have practiced religion falsely, but you can't dispute the fact that he believed in Christ.
Ofcourse, no one that is a Christian that does not do falsely too.

Peter denied Jesus falsely 3 times, did heaven break lose?
No!
But the same Peter was saved
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10
paxonel:
who said so that they weren't even known by Lord?
Are you telling me that Jesus didn't know his disciples?

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

And I'm telling you that, many of these disciples called Jesus Lord Lord, yet they rejected him when the time came. John 6:66.
Even Peter denied him at some point, but he was restored.

We all know that TB Joshua never denied Jesus but consistently calling his name throughout his ministry, so stop being judgemental.
Comprehension is issue in Nigeria. U heard in that verse where the would be condemned people where telling Jesus, “Lord lord, in your name we performed miracles in your name we cast out Demons”, yet Christ said he doesn’t know them.
It’s obvious from that verse that those people called and used Christ name till the end still Christ himself said he doesn’t know them. And here u are arguing otherwise
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by paxonel(m): 3:12pm On Jan 10
thinkmoney:

Comprehension is issue in Nigeria. U heard in that verse where the would be condemned people where telling Jesus, “Lord lord, in your name we performed miracles in your name we cast out Demons”, yet Christ said he doesn’t know them.
It’s obvious from that verse that those people called and used Christ name till the end still Christ himself said he doesn’t know them. And here u are arguing otherwise
till what end, be specific?

Becausw if you follow the story carefully, you will notice that there was a specific end.
The specific end marks the end of the old covenant which ended at the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So, it means that when Jesus told them that he know them not, he meant that those disciples were never going to be part of the new covenant.
Remember, i told you that these disciples went away on their own due to unbelief. (John6:66) Meaning, they will not witness the death and resurrection of Jesus and be part of the new covenant.
It's not as if Jesus drive them away.
They decided to go away on their own, hence Jesus described them as workers of iniquity and said to them i know ye not).

I'm taking time to explain this because, we Africans we are very funny people.
The moment we see workers of iniquity, yes, to us the scripture is referring to false prophets like TB Joshua.

You don't use scriptures to condemn people like that for eternal judgement, a believer for that matter.
If you want to condemn them for their wrong doing please use something else, it's allowed.
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by thinkmoney(m): 3:48pm On Jan 10
paxonel:
till what end, be specific?

Becausw if you follow the story carefully, you will notice that there was a specific end.
The specific end marks the end of the old covenant which ended at the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
So, it means that when Jesus told them that he know them not, he meant that those disciples were never going to be part of the new covenant.
Remember, i told you that these disciples went away on their own due to unbelief. (John6:66) Meaning, they will not witness the death and resurrection of Jesus and be part of the new covenant.
It's not as if Jesus drive them away.
They decided to go away on their own, hence Jesus described them as workers of iniquity and said to them i know ye not).

I'm taking time to explain this because, we Africans we are very funny people.
The moment we see workers of iniquity, yes, to us the scripture is referring to false prophets like TB Joshua.

You don't use scriptures to condemn people like that for eternal judgement, a believer for that matter.
If you want to condemn them for their wrong doing please use something else, it's allowed.
Kai my brother, e don do abeg. I dey get headache already. Na only u understand wetin u dey talk oh.

That portion of the Bible is clear enough and I no see where old and new covenant take enter
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10
thinkmoney:

Kai my brother, e don do abeg. I dey get headache already. Na only u understand wetin u dey talk oh. That portion of the Bible is clear enough and I no see where old and new covenant take enter

The hard fact is that God never promised anyone outside Israel the supernatural powers to perform miracles, it's strictly for Israelites and for the benefit of Israelites only!

All other nations have their gods so the true God wants those gods to prove their worthy by doing what He is doing for the children of Jacob (Israel) that's why Micah said:

For all the peoples will walk, each in the name of its god, But we will walk in the name of Jehovah our God forever and ever. Micah 4:5

That's why Jesus refused to heal the daughter of a none Israelites who came begging Jesus for what wasn't for the benefit of people from other nations:

And look! a Phoe·niʹcian woman from that region came and cried out: “Have mercy on me, Lord, Son of David. My daughter is cruelly demon possessed.” But he did not say a word in answer to her. So his disciples came and began to urge him: “Send her away, because she keeps crying out after us.” He answered: “I was not sent to anyone except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” But the woman came and did obeisance to him, saying: “Lord, help me!” In answer he said: “It is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to the little dogs.” Matthew 15:22-26

So from the above scenario Jesus clearly show that miraculous signs and it's benefit was strictly for Israelites but other nations that accepted Christ will be richly rewarded when God's kingdom begins ruling the earth that is if they successfully endure to the end! Matthew 24:13

However the reason why miracles was granted to the Israelites was because the spiritual temple (Apostles) were still in Jerusalem after they were scattered from Jerusalem the city was destroyed and all supernatural powers to perform miracles seized! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

Whoever wants to worship the true God now must have LOVE for God because faith may be weakened, hope may die but love endures forever! 1Corinthians 13:13

Anyone performing miracles today in Jesus name is working for Satan the devil to deceive unwise people who are looking for quick solutions to the problems Jesus already told us that we must ENDURE TO THE END FOR OUR SALVATION! Matthew 24:13 smiley
Re: Miracles Can Be A Sign Of Fake Prophets. The Truth About Tb Joshua And God by paxonel(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10
thinkmoney:

Kai my brother, e don do abeg. I dey get headache already. Na only u understand wetin u dey talk oh.
bible isn't that easy to understand o.
You go consider time
You go consider the event
You go relate all scriptures before you draw the conclusion.
Otherwise, you go think say you dey read, but nothing.

That portion of the Bible is clear enough and I no see where old and new covenant take enter
you can't possibly see now!
It took me to read and understand the events and stories back to back. The aim was to have a thorough overview.
The summary of overview is that, Jesus embarked on a journey with his disciples to Jerusalem where he will die and resurrect to establish the new covenant. During this journey he performed a lot of miracles and over 5000 of these disciples followed him in the wilderness. But when they were about arriving Jerusalem, almost everyone of them left him.
You will notice that some bible have maps, chats to explain this journey.
Then i was relating this overview from one scripture to another come and see the correlation and better understanding.

My brother, religion nor dey help us understand o
No wonder Europeans are saying Africans don't read

(1) (Reply)

America Will Accept Islam And Become A Muslim Nation / Another Copyist Mathematical Error In The Bible! / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.