Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges (1436 Views)

Cross "Deputy Gov's Son" Dumped Labour Party For APC / APP: New Party Emerges In Abia, Vows To Take Over Govt House 2023 (Video) / Video Of Late Chief MKO Abiola Singing At A Birthday Party Emerges (WATCH) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by Matrixliveng: 1:59am On Jan 09
The Matrix has gathered that Doyin Okupe, the former Director-General of the Labour Party Presidential Campaign Organisation resigned his membership of the party based on ideological differences.

He tendered his resignation in a letter he shared on Monday, saying he has been a rightist and a Liberal Democrat all my entire life which is different from the ideology of the LP which is rooted in the left of the center.
READ ALSO: https://matrixngr.com/2024/01/08/peter-obis-campaign-director-doyin-okupe-resigns-from-lp/

He added that he sought an exit from the party to continue his political activities with liberalism, sincerity and freedom.

According to him, the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, himself and others left the People’s Democratic Party, PDP abruptly to look for a ‘Special Purpose Vehicle’ to contest the 2023 presidential elections.

“I submit herewith my letter of resignation from the Labour Party with effect from today. You will recall that our flagbearer, Mr Peter Obi, myself and others left the PDP abruptly and had to look for a Special Purpose Vehicle in which to contest the 2023 Presidential Elections,” he wrote.

READ ALSO: https://matrixngr.com/2024/01/08/peter-obis-campaign-director-doyin-okupe-resigns-from-lp/

Continuing, he said; “The Labour Party, your good self and other members of your executives provided us with this veritable platform with no burdensomeness whatsoever and for which we were extremely grateful.”

Okupe added: “We did contest the election on the platform of the Labour Party and lost. This makes it exceedingly difficult for me to continue to stay in the Labour Party which is ideologically rooted in the left of the center.

“I have been a rightist and a Liberal Democrat all my entire life. It is therefore this ideological conflict that makes me seek an exit so that I may continue my political activities with liberalism, sincerity and freedom.

“I wish to thank you in particular and other members of the leadership of the party for the cordiality and respect accorded to me as the Director General of the Obi-Datti Presidential Campaign Organisation.”

It would be recalled that Okupe, in 2023, announced his withdrawal from the campaign of Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party.

READ ALSO: https://matrixngr.com/2024/01/09/tinubu-sacks-irukera-okoh-as-fccpc-bpe-bosses/

In a letter attached to the tweet, Mr Okupe wrote to Mr Obi recalling a discussion both politicians had about the conviction, which the former called “personal travails”.

“You will recall I briefed you yesterday about my personal travails in seeking justice and clearing my name using the Nigerian Legal System to pursue the same,” he wrote.

www.matrixngr.com
Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by sleek214(m): 5:26am On Jan 09
Labour Party was used to stop Atiku and they succeeded. I only pity the people that were deceived, thinking Obi was ready for the presidency. The powers that be wanted the presidency to move to the south, Obi was the perfect man to use because they know his tribesmen will follow him, Obi took the game further by pulling out the Christians that would've voted Atiku.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by Justnation: 6:14am On Jan 09
sleek214:
Labour Party was used to stop Atiku and they succeeded. I only pity the people that were deceived, thinking Obi was ready for the presidency. The powers that be wanted the presidency to move to the south, Obi was the perfect man to use because they know his tribesmen will follow him, Obi took the game further by pulling out the Christians that would've voted Atiku.

This is absolutely a lie.
PETER OBI contested the presidential election because he believed he has something to offer in leadership of Nigeria and the Nigerians believed in him and still do.
All these efforts to de-market PETER OBI has failed woefully.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by Obiedun(m): 6:17am On Jan 09
Justnation:

This is absolutely a lie.
PETER OBI contested the presidential election because he believed he has something to offer in leadership of Nigeria and the Nigerians believed in him and still do.
All these efforts to de-market PETER OBI has failed woefully.
only his gullible followers believed in him not Nigerians. Obi has nothing to offer. What was his achievement as a governor? His tenure was the worst.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by YorubaDemonswag: 6:19am On Jan 09
Obiedun:
only his gullible followers believed in him not Nigerians. Obi has nothing to offer. What was his achievement as a governor? His tenure was the worst.

You should have allow him to continue lying to himself
Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by Justnation: 6:23am On Jan 09
Obiedun:

Are you serious? I pity your self delusion.
Please wake up to reality.
Over 6 million Nigerians voted for him according to Inec, he won in Lagos and Abuja 2 important and cosmopolitan cities in Nigeria and you are still spewing out that trash.
I am sincerely sorry for you bro.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by Mustack: 6:43am On Jan 09
Justnation:

Are you serious? I pity your self delusion.
Please wake up to reality.
Over 6 million Nigerians voted for him according to Inec, he won in Lagos and Abuja 2 important and cosmopolitan cities in Nigeria and you are still spewing out that trash.
I am sincerely sorry for you bro.

he was voted for because of hatred for buhari worst performing and anti tinubu but bulaba played his card well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by ihatebuhari(f): 6:57am On Jan 09
Mustack:

he was voted for because of hatred for buhari worst performing and anti tinubu but bulaba played his card well.
you should be ashamed of yourself.

Are you happy with tinubu government now? Can you really be proud of Nigeria right now?

You'll die a miserable death if you don't stop religion and tribalism.

PS: I'm from Edo state. Peter obi would have been the best president of Nigeria.

Since your tribe decide to be follllish let's see if they'll benefit the most of tinubu regime.

If your tribe doesn't not turn Dubai after tinubu regime then shame on you all

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by MasterJayJay: 7:15am On Jan 09
sleek214:
Una sabi yarn dust! Dey fabricate yeye conspiracy theory.
Why not say Atiku was used? You guys were the ones mocking Obi for using canopy during his campaign, yet he got over 6 million votes. Atiku that is in a popular party didn't even get 7 million votes. Atiku was used to stop Obi. If PDP had given Obi the ticket, he would have won.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Okupe Dumped Labour Party Emerges by fergie001: 7:43am On Jan 09

(1)

Tinubu Might Make Everyone Forget About Obi Before 2027 / Iran's Nuclear Programme Is Like A Train Without Brake And Reverse Gear / Femi Pedro And Afikuyomi Stepped Down For Fashola 30 Mins Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.