Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,727 members, 7,827,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record (189 Views)

Download A Tribe Of Judah (2023) Movie By Funke Akindele / What I Think After Watching "A Tribe Called Judah" / ‘A Tribe Called Judah’ Makes Nollywood History, Surpasses N1 Billion Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record by TyphoonG(m): 6:31am On Jan 09
Inclusitivity :

Has anyone ever considered casting members of the majority of Nigeria's major tribes as supporting roles in a movie? ATCJ changed things up by including more ethnic groups; otherwise, Nollywood would either concentrate on a specific ethnic group or follow the usual WaZoBia formula. By interacting with more individuals in various regions of the nation, this strategy brought and attracted people of diverse ethnic backgrounds together, and that is a mega plus for viewership.

Storyline:

My main takeaway from the narrative is the usage of the "grass to grace" story. An ordinary Nigerian wants to hear about or witness someone who is struggling with poverty, all of a sudden turn to Elon Musk. I mean, show a girl on Instagram hawking fruits in traffic who has the talent of speaking like Hillary Clinton. Netizens will sharply ask for "Aza" and turn her into a millionaire in no time. Knowing this, the ATCJ leveraged this story to emotionally connect with the audience by playing a pity card theme, which is a nice way of getting the public's attention. Bravo.

The trends strategy :

The movie producer went out of the box by using merchandise, from t-shirts that look like Gucci with the movie's title as their design to customised sneakers that are branded like Adidas. This style actually caught the attention of people who love trendy things and got them to be curious about the movie.
They also jumped on a series of various viral trends on TikTok and Instagram with the movie characters, which is quite unusual in Nollywood. Imagine when movie characters are doing a special dance challenge that is ongoing. Of course, they will fall into the algorithm of those trends and become very visible.

These and more reasons made this movie become a success. kudos to Funke and her team.

Written for Taughts by Tots.
Re: Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record by Openair: 6:39am On Jan 09
Nice

1 Like

Re: Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record by TyphoonG(m): 6:47am On Jan 09
Thank you
Re: Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record by proff010: 6:49am On Jan 09
Where can I watch it
Re: Three Major Reasons A Tribe Called Judah By Funke Akindele Broke A Record by TyphoonG(m): 6:53am On Jan 09
It's in the cinemas
proff010:
Where can I watch it

(1) (Reply)

Unlock Endless Entertainment: The 10 Best IPTV Streaming Apps Of 2024 / Nollywood Actor Sisi Quadri Dies At 44 / 10 Things You Might Not Know About Sisi Quadri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.