Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,548 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio (2703 Views)

Help:: How To Rename Folder In Phpfox / How To Convert .pub Format File To .jpg? / Where To Get Javaw.exe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio by okesonab: 10:51am On Nov 04, 2011
How do I convert my site root folder to an executable file to be installed and run as a desktop application. I mean program and hw to write to the windows installer.
Re: I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio by Afam4eva(m): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2011
It's called a desktop or stand alone application because it's supposed to run on a desktop and not the web. Turning a web application to a desktop application is like turning apples to oranges. You can only make an apple look like an orange. In this case, you can use plugins, though it's now outdated. I hope someone else can throw more light.
Re: I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio by okesonab: 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2011
I know, it is a courseware designed to be run on a browser which can be installed on your system. Just like CISCO ACADEMY CCNA COURSEWARE.
Re: I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio by tzunayoshi(m): 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2011
This is not so difficult a task as u might imagine, but it will take some skills to get it done well. You can even go as far as using Adobe Flash Pro to build the interface that call us the web pages as if it were on a localhost and export the whole thing as an executable file,
If you would like help in this holla me info@teraomega.com or send me a text on 07055796662.
Re: I Want To Convert My Website Root Folder To A .exe File As A Desktop Applicatio by gu7S05: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yeah its possible,but u need to specify the platform of web design u're using,I mean was ur website site created with Dreamweaver/Content Management System(e.g: Joomla,Wordpress,Drupal,Magneto),or did u use coffee cup html editor?!
The best way out is for u to have a html executable,follow a simple step,by creating a stand alone project,export ur index file only[index.html] frm ur root folder...after entering all other specification for ur project,save as,u will notice it will appear on ur desktop, click to run the program.

Courtesy: Webmaster Guru P 1

(1) (Reply)

Giving Out 10 Domain Name Plus Hosting For 10 Clients Only.. / WWW.Fsb.gov.ng What Is Wrong With Them????? / The Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.