Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

AFCON 2023: Peseiro Plays Down Super Eagles Friendly Game Loss To Guinea - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023: Peseiro Plays Down Super Eagles Friendly Game Loss To Guinea (139 Views)

AFCON 2023: Peseiro Anticipates Tough Game Against Angola / ‘Go To Court’ - Nigerians Tell Super Eagles After Shocking Loss To Guinea-Bissau / Zimbabwe’s Football Team Arrive Nigeria Ahead Of Super Eagles Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

AFCON 2023: Peseiro Plays Down Super Eagles Friendly Game Loss To Guinea by solbase10(m): 1:39pm On Jan 09
jose Peseiro has played down the Super Eagles’ 2-0 loss to Guinea in a friendly game in Abu Dhabi on Monday.

The Eagles rounded off their training camp with the friendly with the Syli National which was their second in Abu Dhabi after earlier playing a local club side.

Chippa United first choice Stanley Nwabali was in goal while Raphael Onyedika and Alhassan Yusuf were in the starting 11.

Also in starting line-up were William Troost-Ekong, Moses Simon, Samuel Chukwueze, Umar Sadiq, Zaidu Sanusi, Bright Osayi-Samuel and Chidozie Awaziem.

Reflecting on the outcome of the friendly, Peseiro, described it as not that important.

“It is important to win of course, I prefer to win than to lose but the game is not important because we tried to use a new system,” he said in his post-match on NFF TV.

“We tested the new system, 3-4-3 and we did well in the first half though we were down 1-0 but we deserved more. We missed a penalty, missed like three clear chances.

“The second half was more balanced for both teams I had to later change to 4-3-3 after losing the midfield. I changed the team I didn’t use all the players, I tried to manage the players in the two friendly games.“

The Eagles are expected back in Nigeria today (Tuesday) before jetting out to Côte d’Ivoire.

Unfortunately, they will be without Victor Boniface due to injury.

Read Also:https://www.completesports.com/world-football/nigeria-national-teams/afcon-2023-peseiro-plays-down-super-eagles-friendly-game-loss-to-guinea/

Re: AFCON 2023: Peseiro Plays Down Super Eagles Friendly Game Loss To Guinea by OBTOREPA(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09
I don't know what this guy is doing with the Super eagles.
Re: AFCON 2023: Peseiro Plays Down Super Eagles Friendly Game Loss To Guinea by TONY042(m): 2:15pm On Jan 09
Hockey coach

(1) (Reply)

" I Regret Sacking Tuchel Last Season" -Todd Boehly / Free VIP Tips For Sports Betting / This Tournament Is Predictable.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.