Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,028 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:38 AM

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (971 Views)

Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Nazmul99(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10
>>> Click Here Now >>> highconverting-2024..com

Unreliable internet has always been an issue for me in Lagos. The best Internet Service Providers use Fibre Optics but have very limited coverage areas. So when I heard Starlink would be rolling out their Low Orbit internet service in Africa, It Immediately piqued my Interest.

I made a preorder for the service in May of 2021 with a refundable deposit of $99. I did this due to the projected rollout of the service by the end of 2021. I did not get any update from Starlink until early december of 2022. I was told to pay up a balance of $501 so my exquipment would be shipped.

8 days after making full payment, my Starlink Equipment was delivered to me by DHL. It is a plug and play device that is easy to install by following very simple steps on the manual. I mounted the dish on my compound, at a postion with good sky visibility and the device connected to an available Satellite within a few minutes.

My Internet experience is now the best I have ever had it, here in Nigeria.

Total cost of Equipment $600
Monthly Subscription for Unlimited Internet $43

God Bless Elon Musk
God Bless SpaceX/Starlink
God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by SocialJustice: 3:03pm On Jan 10
Why you dey make noise up and down follow here? What's your intention?

1 Like

Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by immortalcrown(m): 3:30pm On Jan 10
From my own experience, Starlink is the best for now in Nigeria.

But there is no perfection, at least for now. From my own experience in the same Lagos State, Starlink connection becomes unstable during rainfall.
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ubilli: 3:48pm On Jan 10
πŸš€ **Unlock Your World with Starfiview - Elevate Your Connectivity Experience!** πŸš€

Are you tired of buffering, slow internet, and connectivity headaches? Look no further! Introducing Starfiview - Your Gateway to Seamless, High-Speed Connectivity in Nigeria and Across Africa!

✨ **Why Choose Starfiview?** ✨

1. **Starlink Experts:** As an unofficial but reputable installer and reseller of Starlink products, Starfiview brings cutting-edge technology to your doorstep. We are your go-to experts for Starlink in Nigeria and Africa.

2. **Reliable Connectivity:** Say goodbye to downtime! Starfiview ensures a stable, lightning-fast connection, allowing you to work, stream, and play without interruptions.

3. **Professional Installation:** Our skilled technicians specialize in "wall-to-wall WiFi" solutions. Connect your smart TVs, printers, devices - you name it, we link it seamlessly.

4. **Local Support, Global Reach:** Starfiview combines local expertise with a global vision. We understand the unique connectivity needs of Nigeria and Africa, ensuring personalized service with a global standard.

5. **Affordable Plans:** Experience premium connectivity without breaking the bank. Our subscription plans are tailored to fit your needs and budget.

🌐 **Join the Starfiview Revolution - Connect, Create, Conquer!** 🌐

Ready to elevate your connectivity experience? Contact Starfiview today and embark on a journey to unparalleled speed and reliability!

πŸ“ž Call us at +2349164577889
πŸ“§ Email us at info@starfiview.com.ng
πŸ“ Visit our website: https://starfiview.com.ng/

🌟 **Starfiview - Linking the Stars ** 🌟

Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RomanGreen: 4:07pm On Jan 10
Why is the ping so high? shocked

MTN here gives me an even lower ping that I don't like. Meanwhile I'm planning to buy starlink with the hope of a much lower ping.

Care to explain why the ping is high? Thanks
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Curious345: 5:42pm On Jan 10
Nazmul99:

Unreliable i Now >>> highconverting-2024..com

Main issue is that it doesn't work with solar .

Or does it ?
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Bamzas: 6:50pm On Jan 10
β€Ž β€Ž
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 7:52pm On Jan 10
Competition is the best recipe for business!
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by decatalyst(m): 8:28pm On Jan 10
SouthSouth1914:
Competition is the best recipe for business!

This star something go put hole in an average person's pocket oo.

$600 to buy device and #43k to sub monthly 🀣🀣🀣
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 11:10pm On Jan 10
RomanGreen:
Why is the ping so high? shocked

MTN here gives me an even lower ping that I don't like. Meanwhile I'm planning to buy starlink with the hope of a much lower ping.

Care to explain why the ping is high? Thanks
High pings are typical of Satellite Internet as their constellations are far from earth. In fact, Starlink's pings are considerably lower compared to other satellite Internet providers as their constellations are closer to earth compared to others. From my observations of late, Starlink pings are usually within the range of 40 - 80ms, which isn't really bad.

Starlink may not be suitable for gaming, though I wouldn't know as I don't play online games. However, it's excellent for streaming.
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 11:15pm On Jan 10
decatalyst:

Starlink costs #394k, not $600. Subscription is 38k monthly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by RomanGreen: 2:08pm On Jan 11
BadMaster:

High pings are typical of Satellite Internet as their constellations are far from earth. In fact, Starlink's pings are considerably lower compared to other satellite Internet providers as their constellations are closer to earth compared to others. From my observations of late, Starlink pings are usually within the range of 40 - 80ms, which isn't really bad.

Starlink may not be suitable for gaming, though I wouldn't know as I don't play online games. However, it's excellent for streaming.

Thank you
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by SouthSouth1914: 3:57pm On Jan 11
decatalyst:

If you are getting value for a product, there won’t be any hole in the first place!
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Sheld(m): 9:38am On Jan 15
Hello,

Please my Starlink will arrive today or tomorrow via DHL (from USA)

But I want to ask, if I set up now at my current location, and I want to relocate to another area in the next 2-3 weeks, will I have to pay any fee for moving from my initial installation location, or I can just move to the new area and set up as usual?

Or I should wait till I reach the new location (but note, that's not the area I entered while placing an order.

Thanks.
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by banky99(m): 10:35am On Jan 20
How much is really starlink on jumia is #1.5m on starlink website around $394 and in alaba/computer village 1.3m

Pls someone help explain
Re: My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by BadMaster: 11:24am On Jan 20
banky99:
How much is really starlink on jumia is #1.5m on starlink website around $394 and in alaba/computer village 1.3m

Pls someone help explain
There's really nothing much to explain here. It's simply the Nigerian factor, where greed always come to play.

Starlink costs 394k naira officially, through its website at starlink.com. That is the only official channel of buying Starlink in Nigeria. Do not buy Starlink from elsewhere.

(1) (Reply)

Glo Free Browsing! / Starcomms Problem / Nigeria Telecoms Operators And Their Host Communities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.