Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna (12789 Views)

Violence Breaks Out At APC Headquarters In Abuja / Great Riot Breaks Out In Lekki, Hausas And Yorubas At War (photos) / Riot Breaks Out In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by prettyG: 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2011
[size=13pt]Riot breaks out in Kaduna[/size]

The residents are protesting attacks carried out on a church, on Thursday night, which left 2 people dead

A riot broke out in Zonkwa town, Kaduna State, on Friday, as residents came out to protest an attack on a church, which reportedly left two people dead.

Kaduna State Police Command spokesperson, Aminu Lawal said the clashes may be due to yesterday night's attack on a church in Tabak, a village in the state. Lawal added that two people were killed during the attack, while 12 others were injured.

This latest incident follows series of clashes which have plagued the northern state in the past months.

Following the declaration of Goodluck Jonathan as winner of the presidential elections earlier this year, hundreds of people were reportedly killed in the post-election violence which rocked the state.

Source = Daily Times.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Afam4eva(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Someone should pls confirm this. A riot in Kaduna is not something to toy with.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by OAM4J: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
Whao!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2011
prettyG:

[size=13pt]Riot breaks out in Kaduna[/size]

Tich rocked the state.

Source = Daily Times.
These are the people that want to be President. I dey laugh o! grin grin
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by 13volts(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2011
some people don't know the different between a protest and riot.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by olawalebabs(m): 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2011
what is happening?, i don't get this
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by SamMilla1(m): 7:48pm On Nov 04, 2011
i have told all my friends to forget about living in the north.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by phreakabit(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2011
I saw this on Yahoo too. I guess it is tied to this :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-796464.0.html
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2011
Hmm, so, soo confusion! Riot or protest? Kaduna or Kaduna state? Zonkwa is n Kaduna state and not n Kaduna!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by henrychubayo: 10:17am On Nov 05, 2011
All christians should leave the north and return to south, east and west. Leave now while these is yet time. These is no big amount of money that you will be acquiring in the north that prompted you to stay there that is better than the gift of life. Life should be first before wealth please my people.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 05, 2011
Mad people
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by sheriffman(m): 10:30am On Nov 05, 2011
ITS NO RIOT ITS ONLY A PROTEST AGAINST THE KILLING BY UNKNOWN GUNMEN AND ITS NOT EVEN IN KADUNA TOWN ITS IN ZONKWA,THATS SOMEWHERE IN SOUTHERN KADUNA.THE STORY HAS BEEN CIRCULATING THAT ITS IN KADUNA BUT ITS LIKE THAT.IF OUR OWN LOCAL MEDIA CANNOT REPORT STORIES CORECTLY HOW THEN CAN THEY EXPECT THE FOREIGN MEDIA TO REPORT FAVOURABLY?
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by onchefx: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2011
all christians must understand that jihad is not over yet,i want to advice christians living in the north to be prepared to fight and kill at all time.we know that it was written  in the bible thou shall not kill,but that same bible said their is a time to kill so we can not shy away from the truth,we can fight and kill as well
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by JUO(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2011
All christians should leave the north and return to south, east and west. Leave now while these is yet time. These is no big amount of money that you will be acquiring in the north that prompted you to stay there that is better than the gift of life. Life should be first before wealth please my people.
WHAT ABOUT THE NORTHERN CHRISTIAN? THEY SHOULD COME TO YOUR FATHERS HOUSE, YOU TALK LIKE A BABY
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Heck: 10:35am On Nov 05, 2011
Well said Henry. Talk abt peaceful coexistence. I shld come down & starve to death. People at home take aims from me, so I shld join them. All die na die. Unless naija breaks, no movement. Fight me, I fight u. Who dies, goes. CHIKINA
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by born2boink(m): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2011
I dey laugh
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by nellybadas: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2011
why do we have so many unscrupulous people in this country. always trying to incite violence. the picture in the story was actually taken during the april post-election violence.Y posting it here to represent a protest. we shld b careful d kind of things we post. we need peace please. not things to flare tempers.MODERATORS pls try n sensor such things before posting them. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by maclatunji: 10:46am On Nov 05, 2011
This thread should be taken away from front page. Already people are telling you it is not a riot- why escalate it here. Moderator, put things in proper perspective!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by slap1(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2011
I hope it's nothing serious, my cousin is a student in KADPOLY, plus we have enough trouble as a nation.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by slap1(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2011
I hope it's nothing serious, my cousin is a student in KADPOLY, plus we have enough trouble as a nation.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by born2boink(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2011
slap1:

He would enjoy the riots too,just hope was not among the active members
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by ASANIGBO(m): 10:57am On Nov 05, 2011
DIS

NORTHERNS

SHOULD

MIND

THEMSELVES

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by doctokwus: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2011
nellybadas:

why do we have so many unscrupulous people in this country. always trying to incite violence. the picture in the story was actually taken during the april post-election violence.Y posting it here to represent a protest. we shld b careful d kind of things we post. we need peace please. not things to flare tempers.MODERATORS pls try n sensor such things before posting them. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Its evn possible that d pix was evn one taken b4 d election of april;a lot of supplanting & photoshopping going on these days
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by yahyus(m): 11:50am On Nov 05, 2011
@poster, you are bloody liar, i'm here in the heart of kaduna working im my office as usual while somebody from faraway reporting what up in kaduna! i dey laf ooo. i dont know the function of the moderator.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by sadyeek(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2011
[size=22pt]this is no where close to kaduna town(that's if the story is true), its a village in the southern part of kaduna.
So all those ppl talking about cousins in kadpoly etc shouldn't be alarmed

Besides, it doesn't sound like its something serious, because I am in kaduna and didn't hear anything about it til I saw it here

Kadeey is as peacful as it can be, so stop spreading rumor ppl
[/size]

[size=22pt] special message to the moderators,
Abeg you guys should do your job well na! I am not refering to this topic in particular, but try to censor the bulk of g*rba*e that grace the front page of nairaland. Abeg
[/size]
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by slap1(m): 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Thanks to those who have quashed the rumour. . .the mods should do something about the topic on the homepage, maybe insert a question mark or something.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by seunlayi(m): 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
what is the story doing on the frontpage

1 Like

Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Philmysta: 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
Mods, please take this off the front page.  It is an alarmist story and misleading!
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by rojad(m): 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2011
I agree that there is a difference between a protest and riot but what I see in that picture is riot and not protest. I think that this problem cannot be solved because we all know that some of our past leaders are fueling it. I think it is time for Nigeria to stop existing as a nation. Splitting of Nigeria is the only solution, but I would love splitting without bloodshed if that is possible. Another solution is the termination of the past leaders fueling it. I do not think anyone can do that because these past leaders are above the law.

I do not agree with the call to remove it from the frontpage. Unless they can prove that the pictures are not recent pictures. I think it is good to leave it. If you say it is mis leading show us proofs with pictures and explain why we should believe it is a recent pictures
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by collinsJn(m): 12:27pm On Nov 05, 2011
onchefx:

all christians must understand that jihad is not over yet,i want to advice christians living in the north to be prepared to fight and kill at all time.we know that it was written  in the bible thou shall not kill,but that same bible said their is a time to kill so we can not shy away from the truth,we can FIGHT and KILL as well.

U 're SUCH A BIG JERK, Where In The Bible Were U Advice 2 Kill ? Phoooool
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Beaf1: 12:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
rojad:

I agree that there is a difference between a protest and riot but what I see in that picture is riot and not protest. I think that this problem cannot be solved because we all know that some of our past leaders are fueling it. I think it is time for Nigeria to stop existing as a nation. Splitting of Nigeria is the only solution, but I would love splitting without bloodshed if that is possible. Another solution is the termination of the past leaders fueling it. I do not think anyone can do that because these past leaders are above the law.

I do not agree with the call to remove it from the frontpage. Unless they can prove that the pictures are not recent pictures. I think it is good to leave it. If you say it is mis leading show us proofs with pictures and explain why we should believe it is a recent pictures

Are you daft or something?
People living in Kaduna are saying it is just a protest in a small village and you here here spewing rubbish.
Re: Riot Breaks Out In Kaduna by Philmysta: 1:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
If you say it is mis leading show us proofs with pictures and explain why we should believe it is a recent pictures

Was there a riot in Kaduna city? NO.  That is misleading! End of!!! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG May Pay Compensation To Boko-Haram Members,starts Drawing Criteria For Paymen / Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Politicians Who Have Goofed In Public - Daily Trust / Abure To Ajaero: NLC Does Not Own LP, You Have A Personal Ambition In 2027

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.