Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

The Rise Of Social Media Garbage Contents In Africa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Rise Of Social Media Garbage Contents In Africa (139 Views)

Example Of Table Of Contents For Project / The Rise And Fall Of Foreign Second Degree / Dichotomy: HND Graduates Can’t Rise Above Grade Level 14 ― FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Rise Of Social Media Garbage Contents In Africa by YourGFsnatcher: 3:24pm On Jan 11
I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorists, but sometimes you wonder if some of the theories are true.

The rise of garbage contents we consume on social media is alarming.

I'm not against entertainment in anyway or the use of social media. Social media has a lot of advantages that we cannot over emphasis.

But lately, I've observed that most contents coming ou from Nigeria and Africa is not encouraging. The suggestions you will see will contain almost 60% commedians 20% musicians, 10% Actors and 5% sports personalities.

The worst of it is that our contents which is usually comedy don't have anything serious to say or a positive message to pass aside lady with a big y*nsg, sexual contents, flirting of weath, runs girls, relationships and scammers.

I am beginning to get irritates anytime I open social media in this country, out of 10 suggested video, atleast 8 will be about sexual content or comedy which is also heavily sexualised.

Is it only in Nigeria and Africa that our algorithm is always moving towards contents that don't add any value to us?

While the rest of the world are busy producing latest tech, we are busy 24/7 consuming these garbage and becoming less productive ourselves.

I have no issues with social media, but the fact that they keep feeding us with this garbage entertainment and polluting our subconscious minds makes me wonder if this is deliberate.

As a result of how much garbage we have been consuming, most people these days don't know what is serious what is Cruise....everything Is cruise in this country.. we don't even know what issues we should take seruously, we don't even know when someone has crossed the line... even musicians will insult your father but as usual...it's just cruise and you sing along ... becuse everything is cruise... Even politicians get away with a lof of things... highest is we laugh ... even even vote based on the candidates that have the best cruise on social media.. is that how it's supposed to be?

1 Like

Re: The Rise Of Social Media Garbage Contents In Africa by Natbrowny: 4:42pm On Jan 11
Contents is thrash.

A skit to make me laugh is tagged 25mins. WTF is that

Gone are the days of i go die and mr ibu n sam loco.

One liner beast. One sentence and u r shitting ur pants

These ones nowadays have zero creativity.
Lately i watched a comedy shit on Hiptv. Dat show dat involves comedians n musicians.

Comedians couldn't make me laff, always dropping sexual contents wey no even funny sef

I go die, ali baba et all set the bar too high.
They made us laff in 20 seconds.
Re: The Rise Of Social Media Garbage Contents In Africa by RepoMan007: 5:25pm On Jan 11
Talentless folks with connection are dominating those industries that's why. No talent but wants the money, so they connect and occupy only to bore us with shitty content.

If you observe Nairaland and the orientation Seun choose in the early stage of the forum, you will see too many fictions, made up, emotional and sexualized stuffs.

Very limited productive contents.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Tips To Boost Your Jamb Score / JAMB Mock Questions That All Candidates Must Look Out For Incomming UTME / Mine switch on PocketFi: The TON blockchain is on fire!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.