Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,320 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki (7296 Views)

Edo guber: Confusion as LGA returning officers declare Dekeri APC candidate / APC Slams Obaseki, Says Nigeria Safe Under Tinubu / Ahmadu Jaha: Boko Haram Occupying 8 Out Of 10 LGAs In Northern Borno - APC Rep (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Blogsphere: 4:21pm On Jan 11
The member representing Etsako Federal Constituency, Hon. Anamero Dekeri, has officially joined the Edo State governorship race.

Dekeri, who is a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC), however, slammed Governor Godwin Obaseki, insisting that his administration had failed to deliver the dividends of democracy to the people.

The federal lawmaker, who seeks to emerge as the APC’s governorship candidate on February 17, said this at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday.

“I stand before you with a sense of purpose and determination. My name is Honourable Anamero Dekeri, and I am honored to declare my sincere interest in seeking the APC ticket for the Edo 2024 governorship election,” he said.

Assessing Obaseki's PDP-led administration, Dekeri stated, "Even the blind can see that the government of the state led by Godwin Obaseki is an abysmal failure. People are suffering, people are dying. Basic infrastructures have collapsed. The industries to employ our teeming population are no longer there, all sectors are in bad shape.”

Dekeri also faulted those demanding that the next governor of Edo State should be from Edo Central senatorial district.

He said zoning breeds incompetence, adding that the right competencies and skills should be considered.

"It is time Nigeria began to see beyond the leadership of turn by turn because, in my view, zoning breeds incompetence. And once an individual has a sense of entitlement, it could bring out the worst from that human. So we should be looking at a state where we choose leaders on the strength of their competence to lead. Let us dump the turn-by-turn politics, he said.

The lawmaker noted that in terms of population, the central senatorial district has the least number of voters among the three senatorial districts, because it's about 12% of the voting population of the state. They have produced two consecutive governors.

“Edo North, where I come from, has the second largest population in the state, with about 36% of the state population. We have only been privileged to produce a governor in the person of Comrade Adams Oshiohomole

"On the issue of zoning, the APC as a party in Edo State is not the ruling party. You can only give what you have, we are looking at how we will wrest power from this Obaseki-led leadership that is bereft of ideas that the state is subject to. We should have the power first before talking about zoning,” he maintained.

The lawyer, who describes himself as a philanthropist, said all through his career, he had championed education, economic empowerment, and social justice.

Dekeri added that his leadership style is dynamic, focusing on the needs of the people and ensuring that every policy decision aligns with the principles of fairness, justice, and equity.

“My vision for Edo State is one of progress, prosperity, and pride. I aspire to create an environment where every child has access to quality education, the youth are equipped with skills for the future, and our industries flourish, generating employment and driving economic growth” said the lawmaker.

Dekeri added that he seeks to build a state that exemplifies good governance, with the welfare of the people at the forefront of every decision

The Independent National Electoral Commission has fixed the Edo governorship poll for September 21, 2024.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/11/lawmaker-declares-for-edo-governorship-slams-obaseki/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by cenaman(m): 5:14pm On Jan 11
APC the evil party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Anyenmoney(m): 5:58pm On Jan 11
Since voted to represent Etsako fed. Constituency, the only thing he has done is to visit erosion site just to snap picture.

I live in fugar, Edo state and I can boldly say that danco is as dghgdfgggh as a bvdjbdhhdhj.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by CrownOfClay724: 7:31pm On Jan 11
Anyenmoney:
Fake Man.

Since voted to represent Etsako fed. Constituency, the only thing he has done is to visit erosion site just to snap picture.

I live in fugar, Edo state and I can boldly say that danco is as dghgdfgggh as a bvdjbdhhdhj.

1 Like

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Flowers234(f): 7:13am On Jan 12
May God help us in this country

2 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by TruthsFM: 7:13am On Jan 12
This lawmaker can’t win in the primary election

4 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by OilandGasMarket: 7:13am On Jan 12
Contact me if you need diesel delivered to your home or office at an affordable rate in Lagos state
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Option504: 7:14am On Jan 12
Edo no be Lagos o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by fuckJones(f): 7:14am On Jan 12
he will be the first handsome governor of Edo state
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Kasdat5(m): 7:14am On Jan 12
Anyenmoney:

I was in fugar not long . Una law makers for that side need serious flogging .

11 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Marvieduke(f): 7:15am On Jan 12
I hope Edo people will be wise when voting, because this men declaring that they want to run for governorship election will pretend to be humble and honest.......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Gujevi: 7:15am On Jan 12
Obaseki is a mad man

2 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Cassandraloius: 7:15am On Jan 12
undecided
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:21am On Jan 12
who Oshiomhole dey back up to com 4ward now?

I dey Edo but I no knw!

Obaseki has turned himself to a godfada already by pushing 4ward Ighodalo, somtin we Edolites collectively joined him to fight against... buh Shaibu will also become a worse godfada if he secures dis govnorship seat!

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by nelronaldo(m): 7:22am On Jan 12
Hmmn
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by HeroicMeastro: 7:24am On Jan 12
cenaman:
APC the evil party.
Why?
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Gamesmart: 7:26am On Jan 12
Another monkey puts on a suit to campaign to be governor.

Baboons that have no quality education or achievement want to come and rule with their anywhere belle-face approach.

2 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Ironbull: 7:35am On Jan 12
Option504:
Edo no be Lagos o

Pls drop that slogan ok, we all shouted this few years back in support of obaseki and we never knew obaseki is a monumental failure I'm so ashamed of him and so shameful that I joined in rally round and supported him.

Pls it is better for edo to be Lagos with result and dividends of democracy than failures ruling the state.

Pls just drop that annoying slogan. Same godfatgerism we fought in Edo to support obaseki same godfatgerism is what he is doing right now.

Pls just top it.

7 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by adambest(m): 7:36am On Jan 12
Anyenmoney:

Dey lie well well u know how many ultra modern market he don build? U know how many scholarships he don give people even Edo state government has not even don do? Do u know how much this lawyer has pumped in education in the whole of Edo state? U wey dey bush fugar for that matter wey no get light dey say na only erosion site he go snap uduso
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Babathanks(m): 7:43am On Jan 12
MichaelSokoto:

I dey Edo but I no knw!

Obaseki has turned himself to a godfada already by pushing 4ward Ighodalo, somtin we Edolites collectively joined him to fight against... buh Shaibu must also become a worse godfada if he secures dis govnorship seat!

lipsrsealed
You want someone that oshomole back should come forward so that u guys can't start using Edo no be Lagos slogan again 😂

2 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by VIKTO83(m): 7:46am On Jan 12
A handsome man to become Governor in Edo?
That state is meant majorly for Ugly guys.
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Babathanks(m): 7:47am On Jan 12
Option504:
Edo no be Lagos o
Don't you know that obaseki use that comment to deceive you guilible people😂. Nigeria will never learn, politicians in Naija are all the same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by ekhai(m): 7:57am On Jan 12
adambest:

Dey lie well well u know how many ultra modern market he don build? U know how many scholarships he don give people even Edo state government has not even don do? Do u know how much this lawyer has pumped in education in the whole of Edo state? U wey dey bush fugar for that matter wey no get light dey say na only erosion site he go snap uduso
PLS MIND YOUR LANGUAGE. HOW COME YOU ARE REFERINGTO FUGAR CITY AS A VILLAGE. WE DO SELF DEVELOPMENT IN FUGAR. A FUGARIAN IN USA SINGLE-HANDEDLY BROUGHT DOWN A 33KVA STATION THIS LAST YEAR. THE WHOLE OF ETSAKO CENTRAL AND PARTS OF ETSAKO EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS ARE NOW ENJOYING 24 HOURS ELECTRICITY SUPPLY. WHO CAN DO THAT IN YOUR VILLAGE?

3 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 7:57am On Jan 12
Contact me if you need
Good laptops and phones
CCTV cameras installations
Electric Fence installations
Intercom installations

We dey Computer Village ikeja Lagos
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Makamatic: 8:09am On Jan 12
Edo north done rule , Edo south done rule , now na Edo central turn .

3 Likes

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Onogiede(m): 8:11am On Jan 12
Looking at their various Qualifications profile, Edo central guys are far ahead of them all and history Edo central governor has done a lot in the state still benefiting from till date.
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by Dreament(m): 8:32am On Jan 12
cenaman:
APC the evil party.
who are those that made up of apc. you people should stop blaming parties. Instead say Nigeria politicians are evil. Once you mention party, it shows you are only fighting for your own personal interest. That means if tinubu decamp to pdp today, you will see him as a saint because he is now in a saint party called pdp abi

1 Like

Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by aswani(m): 8:35am On Jan 12
MichaelSokoto:

I dey Edo but I no knw!

Obaseki has turned himself to a godfada already by pushing 4ward Ighodalo, somtin we Edolites collectively joined him to fight against... buh Shaibu must also become a worse godfada if he secures dis govnorship seat!

lipsrsealed

The funniest thing ever to happen in Nigeria politics, who didn't see this coming?

Bini people fought a whole comrade because of a very useless Lagosian, now Godwin is looking to bring another Lagosian to rule over them.

People laughing at Asuen not speaking Ishan should please tell us when last they saw Godwin speaking Bini.

Ẹdo must move forward, yio, backward never yio, yio yio yio, yio. No godfatherism yio, yiò yio yio, yio.
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:38am On Jan 12
Babathanks:

You want someone that oshomole back should come forward so that u guys can't start using Edo no be Lagos slogan again 😂
I didn't say dat!

I can never support any godfada or anyone bn forced on us!

Read my statement well.

Far from it, PDAPC any level in Nigeria is d very LAST thing I will EVER place my vote on!

cool
Re: APC Rep Member, Dekeri Declares For Edo Governorship, Slams Obaseki by jattopeter(m): 9:39am On Jan 12
Funny , thats the same man blaming the Governor and seeking for that sit as well .Our Politicians indeed taking us for a fool. Let him account what he has done so far as Rep.
Kasdat5:

I was in fugar not long . Una law makers for that side need serious flogging .

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Foresee Igbo Becoming Lagos Gov By Okafor / Jonathan Throws "surprise" Lavish Birthday Party For His Wife, Patience / Biafra Television Live On Air now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.