Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

I Need An Advice on My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need An Advice on My Career (304 Views)

Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice! / How To Further My Career In Canada With Nigeria HND / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Advice on My Career by Unclebayo(m): 12:44am On Jan 12
Dear Sir/Ma,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am seeking advice regarding my career and education. I’m in my early 20’s and graduated with a National Diploma(OND) inMass Communication in 2022. Recently, I've taken up self-learning in software development and find myself quite passionate about it.

My mom has informed me that I won't be returning to the polytechnic due to certain reasons; instead, I'll be attending university this year. I am torn because I want to pursue a full-time career in software development. Mass Communication doesn't align with my introverted personality, and it feels challenging as a first-born.

The problem is, I'm contemplating whether it’s possible to switch from Mass Communication to Information Technology at university, or if I should start anew with Computer Science/Software Engineering from 100 level. Or should I continue with Mass Communication at university while simultaneously pursuing software development on the side?

I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Note: Over the past three months, I've been studying Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics fundamentals on Khan Academy, guided by a friend from LAUTECH. With your advice, I feel prepared to take the NABTEB exam this May. Thank you for your guidance.

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
nlfpmod
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by Unclebayo(m): 6:21am On Jan 12
Good day , pls I’m still waiting for your advice, this is really urgent
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by Unclebayo(m): 9:25am On Jan 12
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by temitope66(m): 10:26am On Jan 12
Switching from Art class to Science class will require you to rewrite WAEC or NECO to get your o’ level results to process a Science course.

I’ll advice you continue the Mass Communication in the University and still continue learning the tech course you have chosen since it’s fully online.
Most of the Tech course are fully taught online than in most Nigeria University where there is no practical knowledge.

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by Unclebayo(m): 12:33pm On Jan 12
temitope66:
Switching from Art class to Science class will require you to rewrite WAEC or NECO to get your o’ level results to process a Science course.

I’ll advice you continue the Mass Communication in the University and still continue learning the tech course you have chosen since it’s fully online.
Most of the Tech course are fully taught online than in most Nigeria University where there is no practical knowledge.
thanks brother, I’ll consider that, but do you think is possible to switch from mass communication to information technology with science science o level?
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by Unclebayo(m): 5:10pm On Jan 12
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by temitope66(m): 9:01pm On Jan 12
Unclebayo:
thanks brother, I’ll consider that, but do you think is possible to switch from mass communication to information technology with science science o level?
You won’t switch but start afresh.
Re: I Need An Advice on My Career by cokeryusuf09(m): 11:30pm On Jan 16
Unclebayo:
Dear Sir/Ma,

I hope this message finds you well.

I am seeking advice regarding my career and education. I’m in my early 20’s and graduated with a National Diploma(OND) inMass Communication in 2022. Recently, I've taken up self-learning in software development and find myself quite passionate about it.

My mom has informed me that I won't be returning to the polytechnic due to certain reasons; instead, I'll be attending university this year. I am torn because I want to pursue a full-time career in software development. Mass Communication doesn't align with my introverted personality, and it feels challenging as a first-born.

The problem is, I'm contemplating whether it’s possible to switch from Mass Communication to Information Technology at university, or if I should start anew with Computer Science/Software Engineering from 100 level. Or should I continue with Mass Communication at university while simultaneously pursuing software development on the side?

I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Note: Over the past three months, I've been studying Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics fundamentals on Khan Academy, guided by a friend from LAUTECH. With your advice, I feel prepared to take the NABTEB exam this May. Thank you for your guidance.

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
nlfpmod
Write financial aid on Coursera and take software development for the next 3-6 month and see if you can make something out of it. Software engineering is alittle different from computer science

(1) (Reply)

Over 25 Lies Funke Ashekun Told In Court Against Mfm And Dr Dk Olukoya Exposed / Discover A Great Business And Entrepreneurs / Lagos Corpers Vacancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.