Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 (98160 Views)

Guinea Bissau Vs. Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier Return Leg (0 - 1) - Full Time / Benin Vs Nigeria: AFCON Qualifier - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Algeria Vs Nigeria: AFCON Semi-Finals (2 - 1) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by bisqit: 7:05pm On Jan 18
any pussy in the house. sex on my mind
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:05pm On Jan 18
Second Half on the way
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by robosky02(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18
Summary of First Half

IVORY COAST VS NIGERIA LIVE

Ivory Coast take on Nigeria in the Africa Cup of Nations
The Elephants are currently top of Group A after beating Guinea-Bissau 2-0
Nigeria are third following a 1-1 draw with Equatorial Guinea
Ivory Coast XI: Y. Fofana; Ndicka, Diomande, Konan; S. Fofana: Aurier, Sangare, Kessie, Kouame; Boga, Krasso
Nigeria XI: Nwabali: Aina, Ekong, Ajayi, Bassey, Zaidu, Onyeka, Iwobi, Lookman; Chukwueze, Osimhen
32’ SAVE! - Nwabili denies Seko Fofana after a long range shot (CIV 0-0 NIG)
15’ CLOSE! - Ndicka shoots but hits Nwabili in goal (CIV 0-0 NIG)
9’ CHANCE! - Osimhen lifts one over the top (CIV 0-0 NIG)
7 minutes ago

Half-time! Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria

45+3 mins: The teams head into the break with honours even. The Nigerian players have a conference on the pitch before they head down the tunnel.

They need more intensity and creativity in the second half if they want to win this one. Ivory Coast will be happy enough with how they’re playing.

Mike Jones18 January 2024 17:50
Promoted stories

11 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
45 mins: Three minutes of added time to play in this half. Nigeria are probably edging it in terms of big chances though it’s an incredibly tight contest.

One goal may be enough to secure the points.

Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
42 mins: Just a few minutes to go until half-time and nothing to separate the teams despite a couple of decent chances for both. Will we get an opener before the end of the first half?

Chukwueze gives away a free kick on the right sid eof the pitch but Ivory Coast can’t complete a decent drive down the line and Nigeria win back possession.

17 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
39 mins: There seems to be a bit of frustration in Victor Osimhen after a loose pass from Samuel Chukwueze heads out of play. The visitors are playing well but they need to click inside the final third to really have a chance at upsetting Ivory Coast.

21 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
36 mins: Ademola Lookman whips a free kick into the box for Nigeria. There’s a bit of argy bargy before the set piece is taken but Semi Ajayi manages to get free and reach the ball.

It strikes him on the hand and flies over the crossbar for a goal kick. Some of the Nigerian players appeal for handball not realising it hit their own teammate.

25 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
33 mins: Save!

Seko Fofana blazes a fine effort from a long way out and gets the ball to swerve past the nearest defender and back in towards goal.

Stanley Nwabili parries the ball away to Christian Kouame whose effort is then blocked just as the offside flag is raised against him.

26 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
30 mins: William Troost-Ekong covers brilliantly as Krasso is played in behind Semi Ajayi. The Nigerian captain beats the forward to the loose ball and boots it out of play before being clattered by the sprinting striker.

It’s brave defending and now he’s suffering for it. The centre-back stays down and clutches the back of his leg as the physios come on to check him over.

28 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
27 mins: After the first cooling break, the match resumes with Ivory Coast on the front foot. Nigeria look defensively solid and stay deep when the hosts have possession. Jeremie Boga runs into a cluster of white shirts and can;t feed the ball out wide.

There needs to be more creativity from Ivory Coast when they’re in control. They have only been threatening on the counter so far.

30 minutes ago
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
24 mins: Nigeria burst forward once again and find Alex Iwobi. He’s flying as he heads into the box and belts a shot away but the effort is well blocked again by Roma’s Evan Ndicka.

Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria
21 mins: An enterprising overhead kick attempt from Osimhen is blocked just inside the box and Ivory Coast burst forward on the counter once more.

Ibrahim Sangare threads the ball over to Jean-Philippe Krasso but his pass back into the penalty area is intercepted and cleared. The hosts are lightning quick on that counter-attack with Nigeria unable to keep up with them.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by GanagiBitrus: 7:05pm On Jan 18
Reading thru the comments, many people are just letting off their frustrations about Nigeria on Super Eagles. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Jayson504(m): 7:05pm On Jan 18
Suddenly here everyone is a coach. grin y'all think it's easy facing the host?

4 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:05pm On Jan 18
bisqit:
any pussy in the house. sex on my mind

Find for two pls. Make I use cool down my temperature for this werey match

3 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by badinfluence: 7:06pm On Jan 18
Nazgul:

You're a Nigerian, so your inability to accept reality is understandable because he's your country man.

If Oshimen was a Ghanaian, Ivorian or Senegalese, I'm very sure that you would have agreed with me.
E no dey hard una to call person overrated. He may not be an elite level striker, but he isn't overrated either.

6 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by munavi: 7:06pm On Jan 18
Let's go again
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by obinna58(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18
Palestine vs uae is far more interesting to watch than this game
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by seborrhic: 7:06pm On Jan 18
Rikze:
shocked

This game needs those sleek passes from Iheanacho.
Nigerians are clowns.
If Iheanacho comes and doesn't play well,same you would change mouth and start raining all sorts of abuses on him.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Nazgul: 7:06pm On Jan 18
I noticed that Nigerians just sit back and allow the Ivorians build till they get to our half. We shouldn't play like that this second half or else we might concede a goal.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:06pm On Jan 18
Second Half Started
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by israelmao(m): 7:06pm On Jan 18
Sonofgod1990:
make i go risk 100k carry ivory coast straight win
Do it with care before things go the other way.
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by ThierryJay: 7:07pm On Jan 18
Nazgul:
When I said Oshimen is overrated after our game against EQG, some frustrated people started masturbating on my mentions.

I hope they're seeing how useless he is. I'm very sure that even if he gets a one-on-one in the second half he'll still miss it.

Also our players lack accuracy in their shots. To get a shot on target has become a very big deal for our players. Ivory coast players were able to hit the target from outside our 18 yard box.

This team is a disaster. If they manage to scale the group stage, they'll be sent home in the quarter finals. That's for sure.

I get the urge to always vex for 9ja matters, but to be honest our boys haven't played that bad at all so far.

In my opinion, they've actually matched the Ivorians and only need a killer blow from Osihmen and co.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by deji17: 7:07pm On Jan 18
It's Half time:
- It's best Ihenacho comes in now.
- Iwobi of old , playing attacking midfield could have scored for Nigeria by now.
- Putting all our hopes of scoring on Osimhen, is not good.
- The rest of the attack needs to be more creative.
- Goalkeeping and defence has been decent so far apart from some errors and inaccurate passes.
- As usual, team cohesion is lacking in the Nigeria team
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by kennosklint(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18
Rich kids super eagle’s team
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by prinsam30: 7:07pm On Jan 18
GOOOGLE504:

Look at the last kick of the first half. All he had to do was pass to Lookman to create a chance and he overhit it - yet he calls himself an European player

honestly speaking
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Nazgul: 7:08pm On Jan 18
Our coach should make changes.

Ihanacho is warming up. That's good. We need changes.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by happney65: 7:08pm On Jan 18
Bacteria8:

Good decision.

Because the first half is boring af 😂

Thank you o. No be me go waste fuel take watch full match after what they did on Sunday

And as na 7 I dey kuku on Gen,I'll watch the second half now that I am home

Make we see wetin them go play. grin
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by SunFlow(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18
What's with Ola Aina and pants down. Na wa ooo.
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by femi4: 7:08pm On Jan 18
Nazgul:

You're a Nigerian, so your inability to accept reality is understandable because he's your country man.

If Oshimen was a Ghanaian, Ivorian or Senegalese, I'm very sure that you would have agreed with me.
Honestly, na so a typical Nigeria football fan behave. They are quick to undermine other teams or players except theirs
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Fuckyoumod: 7:08pm On Jan 18
Beverlyjean:
If oshimhen don't change...arrogance will kill his career
score 1, miss 5. Is that one a striker? Mtchwww..... NIGERIANS JUST DEY HYPE DIS GUY, NOTHING SPECIAL AT ALL.

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by webincomeplus(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18
MrPOTUS:

Halaand is way ahead of him, go watch his highlights.

And is it d positioning d reason he can't score one on one?
How is Haaland ahead? By scoring more tap-ins and headers than him? You keep shouting go watch highlights. You dey watch full game so? Na highlights dem dey take argue football?
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by nonny1212: 7:09pm On Jan 18
Players dey sag ni?.. how u wan take play football on top sagging?? cheesy
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Nazgul: 7:09pm On Jan 18
We don't need a draw in this game. We need a win if we want to qualify for the next round.
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by robosky02(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18
Second half!
Ivory Coast 0-0 Nigeria

Ivory Coast get the ball rolling in this second half and work it over to the right wing where it bounces out of play for a Nigeria throw in.

Kouame and Bassey come to blows in an attempt to win the same aerial ball with the Nigerian coming off slightly worse.
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by creolehunt: 7:09pm On Jan 18
Nazgul:

I'm one of those who actually belive he is overrated and this has nothing to do with his national team performances

1 Like

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Angelfrost(m): 7:09pm On Jan 18
Sivou1:
This Sanusi is messing up at the back, he is shaky

He is trying... He just seems under intense pressure.

2 Likes

Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:09pm On Jan 18
Aina na mad man o
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by prinsam30: 7:09pm On Jan 18
wetin this Aina dey play na
Re: Ivory Coast. Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2023: 0 - 1 On 18th January 2024 by Eaglernorwich(m): 7:10pm On Jan 18
Why is Ola Aina like sagging

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (50) (Reply)

The VAR Used In Nigeria Vs South Africa Match (Photos) / Anthony Joshua Flirted With Rita Mahrez, Riyad Mahrez’s Wife Secretly In Club / Floyd Mayweather’s Bodyguards Are So Big They Take Separate Private Jet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.