Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why Many Youth Are Not Into Commercial Farming - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Many Youth Are Not Into Commercial Farming (88 Views)

Where Nigerians Youth Are Making Money. / Investors Corner: Commercial Farming Ideas / Land For Commercial Farming For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Many Youth Are Not Into Commercial Farming by love201(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12
There are a lot of people around this country like me who more than making money out of agriculture have passion for farming ( crop and animal) but it has became impossible to practice due to inability to raise capital because farming probably unknown to many is capital intensive and requires labour.

I've been farming for a long time now but not to a commercial level, I have access to land ( many cultivable hectares) and every time I go to farm I almost shed tears seeing business opportunities ahead of me but unable to utilize it due to lack of capital. I've only been farming on small portion of land which I can manage alone( Clearing, weeding, making ridges with crude tools).

Commercial Farming requires capital. No individual loan for Farmers, you can't get money through cooperative as it is only the influencial ones who benefits and continue to increase their riches, nothing in this country favours the poor.

Just fed up. With some thounsands I can get things done with my experience. Ideas burning in my head.... This is the fate of many nigerian youth the government keeps telling to go into farming.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Financial Plan For Your Future When You Are Old? / Which One Is Better / As Hardtimes Unfolds; See What Business Will Thrive In Nigeria In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.