Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC (6612 Views)

₦‎70 Billion Is For Repairs, Furniture, Not Cash To Lawmakers — Senate / Abba Gida-Gida Will Revisit Sanusi’s Dethronement– Kwankwaso / Governor Bello Matawalle To Join APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Racoon(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (INEC) has vowed to revisit the case of alleged N70billion fraud against the Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, while he was the governor of Zamfara State from 2019 to 2023.

The EFCC’s acting Director of Public Affairs, Wilson Uwajuren, stated this while addressing protesters under the ageis of Zamfara Alternative Forum (ZAF), who stormed the Commission’s headquarters in Abuja on Friday, demanding the continuation of the investigation of the fraud allegations against Matawalle.

Uwajuren said the EFCC chairman had since assumption of office reviewed all high-profile cases he inherited and assured that the one involving the former Zamfara State governor would not be an exception. He said: “I want to thank the Zamfara people for doing this peacefully, we like that kind of peaceful initiative by young Nigerians, I want to assure you that as far as the commission is concerned, nobody is above the law.

“What the EFCC Chairman has done since he assumed office is that he has reviewed all high-profile cases he inherited. And he asked me to assure you that this case would not be an exception like others, that it will be reviewed, and he is assuring you that something will be done under the law and no one is above the law and no case shall be swept under the carpet.

“Be rest assured that this case will be revisited because EFCC believes that no case should be swept under the law. If you have done something wrong and our investigation is able to establish that you have a case, we will proceed with the matter.”

While presenting the protest letter to the EFCC official, the spokesperson of ZAF, Mahmud Abubakar, called on the anti-graft agency to continue investigating the alleged mismanagement of public funds by Matawalle during his tenure as the governor of Zamfara State. Abubakar said this will serve as a deterrence to others contemplating engaging in corrupt practices in public office given to what happened to the suspended Humanitarian Affairs Minister, Dr Betta Edu.

He insisted that mismanagement of public funds has far-reaching effects on the people and Zamfara State, leading the pack of under-development index in the country, loss of revenue, and a decrease in the quality of life for the people. He commended President Bola Tinubu for taking bold decisions against corruption.

“The Zamfara Alternative Forum is calling on the EFCC to investigate the State Minister for Defence, Bello Mohammed Matawalle, for alleged misappropriation of public funds.
During his tenure (as governor) there were allegations of mismanagement of public funds and resources.

“Recall that on the 18th May 2023, EFCC through its then Director, Media and Public Affairs, Osita Nwajah Nwajah, said the EFCC is investigating Matawalle over allegations of monumental corruption, award of phantom contracts and diversion of over N70 billion.

“According to the EFCC, the money, which was sourced as a loan from an old-generation bank, purportedly for the execution of projects across the local government areas of the state, was allegedly diverted by the governor through proxies and contractors who received payment for contracts that were not executed.

[i]“The Commission’s investigations revealed that over 100 companies had received payments from the funds, with no evidence of service rendered to the state. Some of the contractors who had been invited and quizzed by the Commission made startling revelations on how the governor allegedly compelled them to return the funds received from the state coffers back to him through his aides after converting the same to United States Dollars (hard currency).
[/i]
“The companies confirmed that they did not render any service to Zamfara State but were allegedly directed to convert the monies paid to them into United States Dollars (hard currency) and return them to the state governor through some of his commissioners, notably the commissioners in charge of Finance and Local Government Affairs.

“…We urge the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to revisit the corruption case of Bello Matawalle, who is accused of embezzling 70 billion Naira,” the protest letter read.
https://leadership.ng/breaking-we-ll-revisit-alleged-n70bn-fraud-case-against-tinubus-minister-efcc/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Racoon(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12
Just imagine. This is the same Matawalle that EFCC returned his exotic cars and unfreezed accounts despite the allegations of corruption against him. Why didn't the EFCC thoroughly investigate this damning allegations before being made a minister?

This is the unique thing with corrupt people. Tinubu knew he himself is utterly corrupt. So he is only confident when he has corrupt people around him. Everyone around him must be a criminal by default.

11 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by madridguy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12
70 Billion naira for one person hand? When over 100 million Nigerians cannot boast of 700. Naira lipsrsealed Some people wickedness pass devil.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Racoon(m): 3:45pm On Jan 12
This is the corruption in high places well known to the druggie on seat. But being the template and catalyst of corruption himself, DSS gave these shaddy characters fitness clearance to be appointed as ministers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Lanre1st(m): 7:49am On Jan 13
The first investigation you did who did you tell the outcome? You expose only those they ask you to expose.

For betterment of the country, investigate all the ministers

2 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Olarewaju89: 7:49am On Jan 13
I went to a hotel yesterday and shouted " your wife is coming" ...97 men ran out of the hotel rooms ...I will go there again today grin grin

9 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by LibertyRep: 7:50am On Jan 13
Come back when you're able to secure a conviction.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by epainos: 7:50am On Jan 13
36 governors, 36 deputy governors, and 36 state house speakers are enough to kill everything in a nation when they are corrupt. Then, the presidency in Aso Rock with ministers....senators, house of rep....mehn! Nigeria cannot survive this. Never.

Accountability is the way forward. Also, a non-corrupt judiciary and a prison system for effective rehabilitation are the backbone of development.

Amid tribalism, these traits are absent, and when religion is used as a tool of control, it is dangerous. Tell me how Nigeria can ever survive.

I am an advocate of peaceful separation, and I will NEVER pray for the progress of Nigeria anymore. Rather, I pray it collapses fast. My prayer is that Tinubu should ruin Nigeria beyond repair within 3 years so that we can all agree that we will NEVER prosper together, and we can go away separately.

The first monster called tribalism is defeated through this, and then, all new nations that come out of Nigeria will start competing with one another. This competition will set up the need to achieve all that I have listed above. When you see Lagos progressing, you also want your place to make progress too. Of course no more monthly allowance from Abuja. Ibo has its oil and gas to itself. If Kaduna refinery needs their crude oil...they buy. Yes. They pay. If you want to use Lagos ports to move in goods, you pay more FG taking the income. And when you think you are smart by neglecting agriculture and turning all your land into real estate, then, when the Hausas and Fulanis increase the price of food since it is their main business, your head will reset.

The last monster we will defeat is religion..and the only way is through prosperity. Poverty is the reason people patronize pastors and imams seeking for supernatural financial breakthrough..lol. but what do we see happening...mu.mu people enriching pastors. Not until the rate of unemployment is reduced to almost zero will we defeat religion.

Nigeria should crash now. It should.

10 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by tommykiwi(m): 7:51am On Jan 13
Stories

3 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:51am On Jan 13
under dis emilokan regime?

for more jokes, text "234-419" to "556"

grin

2 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by bigdammyj: 7:52am On Jan 13
Noted.
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Manny21: 7:53am On Jan 13
Story story, story

2 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Judolisco(m): 7:54am On Jan 13
Na tinubu dey push efcc oh... Trust me matawalle go soon collect
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by TruthsFM: 7:54am On Jan 13
Good one from Efcc. He must be jailed too
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Xwizard: 7:54am On Jan 13
The problem is no one is credible enough for this administration to probe

2 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:55am On Jan 13
Olarewaju89:
I went to a hotel yesterday and shouted " your wife is coming" ...97 men ran out of the hotel rooms ...I will go there again today grin grin

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by besayag: 7:55am On Jan 13
Story story, after a month case is forgotten

1 Like

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by ProudNigerian01: 7:55am On Jan 13
Akpabio and Ganduje too.

The courts must be allowed clear or punish them. There must be no double standard or sacred cow in the fight against corruption. God hates injustice and unrighteousness:

Prov.21.3 - To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the LORD than sacrifice.

Jer.22.13 - "Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness And his chambers by injustice, Who uses his neighbor's service without wages And gives him nothing for his work,

Good morning, everyone. Remember to stay away from sin today. Pray and read your bible too. Start with this and pray with it:

Matt.10.33 - But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Prayer:
O Lord help me not to deny you in my words, thoughts and actions but to take up my cross and follow you wherever you go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by chiiraq802(m): 7:56am On Jan 13
Racoon:
Just imagine. This is the same Matawalle that EFCC returned his exotic cars and unfreezed accounts despite the allegations of corruption against him. Why didn't the EFCC thoroughly investigate this damning allegations before being made a minister?

This is the unique thing with corrupt people. Tinubu knew he himself is utterly corrupt. So he is only confident when he has corrupt people around him. Everyone around him must be a criminal by default.

Mention one Nigerian Polithiefcians that is not corrupt and criminal minded. Just one both past and present. Let not deceive ourselves, All Nigerian Polithiefcians are greedy, self centered and corrupt.

3 Likes

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by atiku4President(m): 7:59am On Jan 13
Wahala dey....but if Tinubu no do like this, he will not see money to run the country. Some people need to vomit what they have eaten, no matter how small.

Buhari did same when he was pursuing Dame Patient and co up and down

1 Like

Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Honestey: 8:01am On Jan 13
Trouble was sleeping e never die
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Writer50: 8:03am On Jan 13
Corruption
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by money121(m): 8:06am On Jan 13
Ok
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by nairavsdollars(f): 8:08am On Jan 13
Audio
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by chrisblack1234: 8:11am On Jan 13
Revisit ganduje bribery.. The gandollar ,then we can say you not bias..for now,you re one sided..
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Risingblue008(m): 8:11am On Jan 13
Cr
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Risingblue008(m): 8:13am On Jan 13
This pple dont deserve to live
Lets be sincere

70 kini?
Re: We Will Revisit Alleged ₦‎70 Billion Fraud Case Against Bello Matawalle - EFCC by Chummynoni(m): 8:28am On Jan 13
Nigerians are waking up. Let us hold these bastaaards by their scrotums

(1) (2) (Reply)

There's No Crack In Buhari, Osinbajo’s Relationship – Presidency / Heartbreaking: Children Use Waste Bin To Hide From Soldiers In Oyibo. Woman / COVID-19: FG Spends ₦104 Billion On Handwashing, Youth Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.