Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,550 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier (34113 Views)

Ruth Ogunleye: COAS Lagbaja Warns Personnel To Desist Making Comments / Sexual Harassment: Ruth Ogunleye Undergoing Rehabilitation, Visited By Minister / PDP To Investigate Alleged Claims Its Members Are Receiving Money From Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by VAPatrick: 4:29am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

Anybody can be anything on NL. I am the current COAS and I was the former CDS
If you are not a fake retired military person, you wouldn't have typed "As of today, there's no other avenue for addressing issues like this in the Nigerian military."
This is a treasonous statement to be made by a non, former or current military person

There's nothing like treachery here, what I wrote is a fact, and every solider, retired or serving, knows this. Or is it now a crime to say the truth?
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by fkj950ax(m): 4:38am On Jan 13
VAPatrick:

There's nothing like treachery here, what I wrote is a fact, and every solider, retired or serving, knows this. Or is it now a crime to say the truth?
No it is not a crime to say the truth now, neither has it been okay - now or before - to make unfounded statements too.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by VAPatrick: 4:45am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

No it is not a crime to say the truth now, neither has it been okay - now or before - to make unfounded statements too.
Your first comment on this thread is the only unfounded one, that it was unprofessional for her not to have followed the laid down procedures. That statement can only come from a position of ignorance. I thought I should correct that. My bad, I shouldn't have.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by youngrichnigga: 4:47am On Jan 13
The statement already said she's unprofessional and from past incidents of such, they'll seize on that and make it a lack of discipline issue.
The superiors always win in Nigerian government institutions and even in some private organizations.
May God save our girl child(s) whenever they start work undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Googledotcom: 4:55am On Jan 13
That female soldier has suffered enough any further ill treatment from the army, the world will be watching.

1 Like

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by fkj950ax(m): 5:04am On Jan 13
VAPatrick:
Your first comment on this thread is the only unfounded one, that it was unprofessional for her not to have followed the laid down procedures. That statement can only come from a position of ignorance. I thought I should correct that. My bad, I shouldn't have.
Pitiful. I have been bantering with someone who doesn't read or can't read well enough and fully understand.
Please go back to page 1 and red the first post. You'd see that's where I got that from. The press statement by NArmy. But hey, English can be difficult for people.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Cabalgeneral: 5:08am On Jan 13
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by phemray(m): 5:15am On Jan 13
Richtaiwo:
Some expressions in this report already showing bias.

Unprofessional= by going to social media

Exhausted= her complaints not received at human right wing of Army.

Army na disciplined and professional force but where *$ex* and drinking is the major hobby of some

1 Like

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by VAPatrick: 5:21am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

Pitiful. I have been bantering with someone who doesn't read or can't read well enough and fully understand.
Please go back to page 1 and red the first post. You'd see that's where I got that from. The press statement by NArmy. But hey, English can be difficult for people.

I know your type. Keep savoring that blissful ignorance.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by fkj950ax(m): 5:42am On Jan 13
VAPatrick:

I know your type. Keep savoring that blissful ignorance.
You know my type
You know all the avenues she explored
You know there is no recourse process in NArmy
You know truth
You know lie

You have become holy spirit.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by VAPatrick: 5:56am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

You know my type
You know all the avenues she explored
You know there is no recourse process in NArmy

You know truth
You know lie

You have become holy spirit.

@the bold: Can you show me where I said that? I said, only through the chain of command can one lay a complaint in the Nigerian military. In her case, the officers in the chain of command are her oppressors, so the DPR's statement that she hasn't followed the laid down rules is absurd. Is this too complex for you to comprehend?

I was only trying to educate you on how things work. Instead of you to do your findings you're here attacking me. You made reference to the DPR's statement. As if you're not in Nigeria. If she reports directly to the AHQ office in charge of such cases, they'll ask her to follow the chain of command (i.e. Go and apply through her CO). Who is her CO? The same officer she's complaining against.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by darthv: 6:36am On Jan 13
I believe every damn thing that girl said
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Chochovini: 6:36am On Jan 13
Richtaiwo:

. I totally agreed with you. Its a move to protect the dignity of fellow officers and to cover up the shame the report may cost the Force.

But then, its too late and a failed attempt cos, the cat is already let out of the bag.
The public is aware and eagerly waiting for Justice.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by fkj950ax(m): 6:44am On Jan 13
VAPatrick:

@the bold: Can you show me where I said that?

Waste of my time. You don’t need anyone to show you anything.
Keep misleading people online. Sad thing is when they suffer the consequences offline, you won’t be there to help them suffer.

1 Like

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Valuepaints20(m): 6:50am On Jan 13
Ok
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by VAPatrick: 6:56am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

Waste of my time. You don’t need anyone to show you anything.
Keep misleading people online. Sad thing is when they suffer the consequences offline, you won’t be there to help them suffer.

So you just have to conjure a lie and attribute it to me? Nice one!

Another lie of yours is that I am misleading people. FYI, every Nigerian solider has access to the Armed Forces Act Cap A20 LFN 2004 as amended, and other regulations, so they know the consequences of their actions. Ruth's can be likened to the saying "I speak-out, I die, I don't speak-out, I still die. Let me just speak-out and die." The worst punishment she'll get for coming online is not up to what she suffers presently.

In saner climes, nobody will be dwelling on her speaking out on social media, as focus will be on investigating the veracity of her claims, but this is Nigeria where anything goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Chochovini: 6:56am On Jan 13
My fear now in this matter is the safety of this lady at the end of the day.

All those corrupt officer‘s errant boys that wants to impress thier ogas may take Law into their hands after the whole ordeal to go after the lady for speaking out and seeking Justice.
Don‘t forget, THIS IS NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Dskillful(m): 7:07am On Jan 13
In the military especially Nigerian Army the superior especially those commissioned officers always get away with their rubbish acts. I can bet that the NA will do nothing to the oppressors instead they will hold that lady responsible for not following their useless channel of communication.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Diligence: 7:07am On Jan 13
Guz: Pls by all means tag Jagaban on this. Let him personally get involved. Those soldiers are gonners!

This is the only thing I kinda like Jagaban! NOT under his watch!
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Onyezesinx(m): 7:29am On Jan 13
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:05am On Jan 13
Richtaiwo:

Lol those involved are most senior officers and the girl is likely to be a recruit. I hope she gets the justice she deserve. I commend her for not bowing to the useless seniors maltreatment...
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Yelight(m): 8:31am On Jan 13
So the lady should prepare for another round of punishment now because her outburst according to the NA statement is "unprofessional" hence punishable and failure to exhaust all channels before the outburst, another punishable offence, so she will statement her defense on minus(-2) two already while the said senior officers are innocent until she can prove from her -2 level to the FRIENDS of the senior officers that they truly made her life miserable. What a Nation!!!
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Okoroawusa: 8:41am On Jan 13
This response has shown us where the investigation is already going. They will so frustrate this girl that she will regret the day she decided to enter the Nigerian Army and nothing will happen to the said senior officers... useless people!
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by justtoodark: 8:41am On Jan 13
you guys shouldnt forget women that such things happen to and they dont report it....

better separate them....
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by justtoodark: 8:47am On Jan 13
Dskillful:
In the military especially Nigerian Army the superior especially those commissioned officers always get away with their rubbish acts. I can bet that the NA will do nothing to the oppressors instead they will hold that lady responsible for not following their useless channel of communication.

we were always hearin rumours that things like this was going on....

we shouldnt pretend as if na just now we dey hear about such things....
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Fantazy(m): 8:52am On Jan 13
Is becoming an army compulsory?
Why not resign!
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by caracas: 8:59am On Jan 13
Any one expecting justice from this investigation is on a long thing. This is army for you, their world,their rules, if you can’t play ball then stay the f..ck out or you will be dealt with . Even tinubu the president, can do nothing about it ,cos him still dey fear him head. If him do too much them go commot am from power…
It’s unfortunate but that’s just the way the cookie crumbles…..
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by holocron: 9:03am On Jan 13
koning:
It takes a lot of balls, in her case liver, to publicly accuse your superior officer in the army of rape. A high ranking officer for that matter.

I believe her though, but i'm afraid this will not end well for her.

I think her mind is made up to discharge from the force.

You're damn right! In fact she must be deranged. She is definitely not normal...some kind of mental instability. She think say Nigeria na America? This is a traditional patriarchal society, for good or bad.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by splendournoni: 10:13am On Jan 13
justtoodark:

you have no idea how western nations cover theirs up....

those people always lie over everything....its their nature....

I've trained with them in US and other countries,we operate colonial method here in Nigeria...

Just check the rules for female officers starting from police and see discrimination, then check other western world you will k ow you are in a zoo
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Hassanmaye(m): 11:07am On Jan 13
fkj950ax:

Quote the data on these suicides, or is this just another online rant based on nothingness?
I will, remind me later.
Re: Ruth Ogunleye: Army To Investigate Alleged Maltreatment Of Female Soldier by Hassanmaye(m): 11:17am On Jan 13
ekelebeXstunner:
Na always investigate.

Soldier shoot civilian.
We shall investigate.”

Police beat person into coma.
We shall investigate.”

TB Joshua’s synagogue collapsed.
Investigations shall be underway.”

Money lost for government.
Investigations shall be made and the culprits will face justice.”

Everything na investigation without result.
Hahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Increase In Fuel Price / Oche Joseph Otorkpa Ordained By Pastor E.A Adeboye / El-Rufai Accuses Ganduje Of Bribing NLC Leaders To Cause Mayhem In Kaduna (Audio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.