Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS (5572 Views)

Why Lagos, Ogun Had Highest Active Voice, Internet Subscribers In Q2 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 9:17am On Jan 13
MorataFC:
I have 5 sims, 2 mtn, 1 airtel router and 2 glo sim cards, all of them have at least 3g of data as I speak to you right now

So you believe someone in rivers Edo delta and Kano
Might not have same?

Or does buying multiple sim accepted ban In other states except ogun
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by BabaHenry(m): 9:18am On Jan 13
Eriokanmi:
Hmmmm. Have you been to Mowe/Ibafo lately? What of Sango/Ota? Most of internet users there work in lagos and retire home in the evening. They prepare and send their reports over the werkends and all.

Can you pls tell me what's interesting about ijebu ode that would generate a convincing data in Internet usage? After the moribund Odutola Tyres, I can't place my mind on any viable existing company there. Maybe teachers and students of tasued are those consuming those data though. Don't abuse oo, just present your case in a civil manner if you want me to still respond to you. I'm waiting.

Abuse ??
I wasn't raised that way Sir...
I can actually bet you have not been to ijebu-ode in 10 years
For the schools...
Google can actually help but as far as I can count ijebu-ode alone has about 2 health schools, about 3 tasued Campus, Technical college..
Companies
There is Bigi beverages and drinks which are operated separately
Infinity snacks and beverages
Nigerian Brewery is also present to just number a few
Bank
Over 9
Fuel stations
Countless
Standard hotels that uses WiFi
Almost 15
Standard private schools
Countless
The list is endless sir
Not to even talk of Fraud ( Yahoo)
Millions

People like me, a Painter (skilled) who uses the internet everyday of the week

So many more I can't even add to the list

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by danilho(m): 9:24am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

Not only oyo
Sometimes it goes as far as showing Lagos
Edo/Delta subscribers, ascbribed to far away Oyo. Bro, Check the distance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Nigercity: 9:27am On Jan 13
danilho:
Edo/Delta subscribers, ascbribed to far away Oyo. Bro, Check the distance.
I said some part of Edo state and delta state
Read what I wrote

Although majority of the time is usually Lagos
While most times it's usually pH for delta
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:29am On Jan 13
Pecoleee345:

Nawa oooo......just a simple and direct question.

Cos a place is more populated doesn't mean it has alot of people using the internet.....maybe you should read the topic.

One again my question is very simple.......is ogun state 4 million in people population.
it’s not easy do educate someone who already has narrow or biased view just because it’s doesn’t suit their narrative….see them arguing upside logic, like population alone have to do with the numbers, some are even comparing purchasing power of Abia to Ogun😂 what a commentary….we have told them severally that Sw is the economic power house of this country. No wonder why 3 Sw state of Lagos, Ogun and oyo always comes top in all development indices, yet they will always find away to play down our sophistication…Who God has blessed, let no man curse😂

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by MorataFC: 9:29am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

So you believe someone in rivers Edo delta and Kano
Might not have same?

Or does buying multiple sim accepted ban In other states except ogun
You asked why Internet users are more than the human population and I gave you the reason, but u still dey go back and forth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:33am On Jan 13
ivolt:

There is no indication from the report that IP address was the primary source of the data.
If that was the case, Lagos will have 95% of all internet subscribers.

The service providers actually knows exactly where you are down to the street level
and it has nothing to do with IP.
are you just knowing this people grin they always feeling they are knowledgeable than the people you carried out the research, now ask them to come out with their own verifiable stats, and watch them start spilling nonsense just because their ego has been bruised therefore no room to chest beat like a gorrilla grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:36am On Jan 13
RightChannel:
Ogun State still leading in skull mining upon internet growth
while sad east is still a jungle of cannibalism and backwardness where nothing good can ever come out from😂….pained Okoro

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Morphinne: 9:37am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

So ogun state is now populated than Kano,oyo and rivers state?
Wow
I never knew grin

Like, I said that stuff they op posted if not fabricated should be base on active internet web subscribtion and activities
Which clearly does not show true locations of the users here in Nigeria

Now ask yourself
How come according to the report, there are more internet users in ogun state far more than actual human beings
Are there ghost or invisible aliens using the internet?
If someone calls you mumu now, you go vex tag the pesin bigot. I’m particularly stunned seeing you repeating the statement @bolded
Isn’t it funny to you? Yes, the number of internet subscriptions can be higher than the number of human population in a particular region and the explanation is very easy and straight forward.
I myself for instance, I have more than 3 active mtn sims and an Airtel 5g router. Now imagine everyone in my region are also like this and that they all subscribe regularly.
Again, concerning your IP addresses location allotment confusion, you will only know how accurately your actual location can be triangulated and tracked if you commit a crime that warrants smoking you out, that is when you will know that you are not living under a rock. Your phone giving you wrong IPv4 location should be blamed on the FREE website you are using (I’m guessing you are using “whatismyip”) where it’s clearly written that the locations displayed are not always accurate and that they are approximate data.
You must be very slow if you think that, just like you, “whatismyip” is the website our telcos companies also rely on to know their active customers? “Whatismyip” can’t even be used to get your IPv6 data let alone your actual location. It only displays your public IP together with the most approximate location near you.
Make una dey calm down, no be everything be competition. We already know why you are triggered and feeling attacked grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:39am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

You dey mind them grin

They actually believe that, they are more internet users in ogun than rivers, delta, Edo or Kano
show us your of verifiable data mr know it all grin…we all know where the pain is coming from😂 all developmental indices have always proven who the progressive are, and y’all will always play catch-up…Get rid of the bitterness Okoro😂

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by BreconHills(m): 9:40am On Jan 13
Nigercity:
The op is wrong for assuming this can be used as An economic or commercial indicator of Nigeria states

To indicate areas with high commercial activities
One must consider states with high cash inflow transaction, in which according to CBN
Annually
Lagos, rivers, Anambra, kano,Abia and oyo takes they lead
Or states where mostly raw material and finished goods imported into Nigeria ends up at
Which according to Nigeria port authority, NIMA e.t.c
Lagos/Abia and Anambra takes in more than 80% of containers imported from Nigerians port

That's a good metrics for measuring economic viability of Nigeria states
Not this

Not completely. I understand where you are coming from and I have no quarrel with your conclusion. However, the location of a container is no proof that economic activities happen at that location. There are several transshipment centres where cargo is stored or passes through without any economic activity other than security and on loading/offloading.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 9:47am On Jan 13
Morphinne:

If someone calls you mumu now, you go vex tag the pesin bigot. I’m particularly stunned seeing you repeating the statement @bolded
Isn’t it funny to you? Yes, the number of internet subscriptions can be higher than the number of human population in a particular region and the explanation is very easy and straight forward.
I myself for instance, I have more than 3 active mtn sims and an Airtel 5g router. Now imagine everyone in my region are also like this and that they all subscribe regularly.
Again, concerning your IP addresses location allotment confusion, you will only know how accurately your actual location can be triangulated and tracked if you commit a crime that warrants smoking you out, that is when you will know that you are not living under a rock. Your phone giving you wrong IPv4 location should be blamed on the FREE website you are using (I’m guessing you are using “whatismyip”) where it’s clearly written that the locations displayed are not always accurate and that they are approximate data.
You must be very slow if you think that, just like you, “whatismyip” is the website our telcos companies also rely on to know their active customers? “Whatismyip” can’t even be used to get your IPv6 data let alone your actual location. It only displays your public IP together with the most approximate location near you.
Make una dey calm down, no be everything be competition. We already know why you are triggered and feeling attacked grin
bro don’t bother yourself educating those morons😂their head has already been programmed to reason in a certain way, they will just drain you in their foolishness😂

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Obiedun(m): 9:48am On Jan 13
Blackfire:
Indicating that we are above 200M in Nigeria

But na statistics we go chop
No some people have more than one sim cards. I have four. Some companies have more than ten.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Morphinne: 9:52am On Jan 13
SonOfDSoil01:
it’s not easy do educate someone who already has narrow or biased view just because it’s doesn’t suit their narrative….see them arguing upside logic, like population alone have to do with the numbers, some are even comparing purchasing power of Abia to Ogun😂 what a commentary….we have told them severally that Sw is the economic power house of this country. No wonder why 3 Sw state of Lagos, Ogun and oyo always comes top in all development indices, yet they will always find away to play down our sophistication…Who God has blessed, let no man curse😂
You Dey mind the mumus. I’m even feeling ashamed of myself seeing the crops of people I engage grin
One was even saying that the number of internet subscriptions shouldn’t be more than the actual human population in a region grin like for real? Isn’t this too straight-forward ? If a population of 4 million people have an average of 3 sims and each person subscribe regularly, will that not be recorded as 4~12milion active subs?
That same muturu was also convinced that the location allocations are often wrong just because the Free website he uses often gives him wrong location ( a website that clearly says that its location allotment are often approximated and not actual on its disclaimer page) grin
Mumu thinks that these websites are where those telcos (mtn, Airtel, glo etc) also get their data from grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Morphinne: 10:00am On Jan 13
SonOfDSoil01:
bro don’t bother yourself educating those morons😂their head has already been programmed to reason in a certain way, they will just drain you in their foolishness😂
Swearugawd my brother, it’s very tiring sharing the same internet space with morons and this is why I can’t be a teacher, my blood too dey boil grin. I had to log in to school the ignoramus boy. Even the dullest IT student knows this basic thing. I’m sure they are getting their data from the website (whatismyip) A website where it’s clearly written that they can’t find your IPv6 data and your actual location.
The muturus all believe that this free website are what the telcos use to know their active customers, is this level of mumuness not concerning ? grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 10:03am On Jan 13
Morphinne:

You Dey mind the mumus. I’m even feeling ashamed of myself seeing the crops of people I engage grin
One was even saying that the number of internet subscriptions shouldn’t be more than the actual human population in a region grin like for real? Isn’t this too straight-forward ? If a population of 4 million people have an average of 3 sims and each person subscribe regularly, will that not be recorded as 4~12milion active subs?
That same muturu was also convinced that the location allocations are often wrong just because the Free website he uses often gives him wrong location ( a website that clearly says that its location allotment are often approximated and not actual on its disclaimer page) grin
Mumu thinks that these websites are where those telcos (mtn, Airtel, glo etc) also get their data from grin
they just want to sound intelligent, whereas their argument lacks logic…don’t get in a fight with a pig or else they will bring you down to their level…have a nice day bro 😎

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by YourKarma: 10:06am On Jan 13
zuchyblink:
My IP shows PH while I'm in Imo State
I thought I was the only one who notice this
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Eriokanmi: 10:09am On Jan 13
BabaHenry:

Abuse ??
For the schools...
Google can actually help but as far as I can count ijebu-ode alone has about 2 health schools, about 3 tasued Campus, Technical college..
Companies
Bank
Over 9
Fuel stations
Countless
Almost 15
Standard private schools
Countless
The list is endless sir
Millions

Nice to know. I learned something
new today. That's amazing 👏
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by easzypeaszy(m): 10:22am On Jan 13
Just say Lagos
We wey dey Ogun state but are Lagosians dey use data pass.
Some parts of Ogun have turn to Lagos
The number of people residing around Ogun border to Lagos and working in Lagos are more than the whole residents of the Ogun itself.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by RightChannel: 10:49am On Jan 13
SonOfDSoil01:
while sad east is still a jungle of cannibalism and backwardness where nothing good can ever come out from😂….pained Okoro

Sule how market?
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by SonOfDSoil01: 11:01am On Jan 13
RightChannel:

Sule how market?
ask your Okoro father hawking gala in Lagos traffic….OMO ERU grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by Usenokpevbo: 11:11am On Jan 13
BabaHenry:

Abuse ??
For the schools...
Companies
Bank
Over 9
Fuel stations
Countless
Almost 15
Standard private schools
Countless
The list is endless sir
Millions

Ijebu Ode is not even among first seven cities in Yoruba land let alone Nigeria. In yorubaland, Lagos, Akure, Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and others let alone when you compare with cities in the entire Nigeria.

In Nigeria

Lagos
Kano
Port harcourt
Abuja
Benin city
Ibadan
Calabar
Ogbomosho
Akure
Aba
Enugu
Owerri
Onitsha
Asaba
Auchi
Ilorin
Kaduna
Jos
Warri
Etc will all come first before Ijebu ode. What is now so special about Ijebu ode influencing that figure for Ogun?. What is in Ijebu ode that these cities that are visibly more populated and more economically buoyant don’t have?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by BabaHenry(m): 11:19am On Jan 13
Usenokpevbo:
Ijebu Ode is not even among first seven cities in Yoruba land let alone Nigeria. In yorubaland, Lagos, Akure, Ibadan, Ogbomosho, Oshogbo, Abeokuta and others let alone when you compare with cities in the entire Nigeria.

In Nigeria

Lagos
Kano
Port harcourt
Abuja
Benin city
Ibadan
Calabar
Ogbomosho
Akure
Aba
Enugu
Owerri
Onitsha
Asaba
Auchi
Ilorin
Kaduna
Jos
Warri
Etc will all come first before Ijebu ode. What is now so special about Ijebu ode influencing that figure for Ogun?. What is in Ijebu ode that these cities that are visibly more populated and more economically buoyant don’t have?
I understand your point Boss
Remove Lagos from your list of comparison and for your information, all you list are cities filled with more buying and selling form of business rather than the ones dealing with internet, we are comparing different things Sir...
Do you even know how many internet Fraudster that are in this Town or should we call it a small City ?
I just list a little bit of what Ijebu-ode has in terms of business or establishments that should be using internet for their activities and I'll really appreciate if I can have yours excluding Lagos from your list Sir
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by BabaHenry(m): 11:20am On Jan 13
easzypeaszy:
Just say Lagos
We wey dey Ogun state but are Lagosians dey use data pass.
Some parts of Ogun have turn to Lagos
The number of people residing around Ogun border to Lagos and working in Lagos are more than the whole residents of the Ogun itself.
Please Sir how can you backed @ the bolded ?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by tollyboy5(m): 11:56am On Jan 13
Nigercity:

Not only oyo
Sometimes it goes as far as showing Lagos
I don't know much on how network is in the eastern region.
If I leave Lagos for Ogun my IP address indicates Lagos in Ogun state for like a month or so. Same when I head to Akure, over time your real location start showing

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by tollyboy5(m): 12:01pm On Jan 13
MorataFC:
I have 5 sims, 2 mtn, 1 airtel router and 2 glo sim cards, all of them have at least 3g of data as I speak to you right now
Does that answer your question?
No mind the yeye guy lol.
Connected devices is different from connected human na wetin he no sabi bedat grin
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by campbelljosh(m): 12:06pm On Jan 13
Are you minding them. Whenever i check mine in Otta ogun state lt always shows Lagos
Nigercity:
Most of these datas are flawed

If am browsing in Bayesla, my IP address normally shows port Harcourt
If am in Niger state, it will show Abuja
If am In uyo it will still show pH
Sometimes you might be in Edo and it will indicate that you are somewhere around Lagos or ibandan,
If you're browsing in zaira
It will show Kano

But outside country is not like that
If you are in Huston texas it will show Huston taxes,
Every city is equally indicated

In Nigeria here, the service providers (i.e MTN,glo e.t.c) are logining us in from any city the seems fit at any time the deem fit
But as usual
Some people will still want to gloat over it
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by tollyboy5(m): 12:13pm On Jan 13
Usenokpevbo:

In Nigeria

Lagos
Kano
Port harcourt
Abuja
Bennt don’t have?
Iffa give you dirty knock with this your mumu list. My sister served in Oshogbo and I live in Akure for 7years.

Stop comparing or over hyping those cities. Ijebu ode is far better than those places and even closest to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by tollyboy5(m): 12:15pm On Jan 13
campbelljosh:
Are you minding them. Whenever i check mine in Otta ogun state lt always shows Lagos
It's simply because you enter Lagos often. That is just a basic knowledge

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by easzypeaszy(m): 1:22pm On Jan 13
BabaHenry:

Please Sir how can you backed @ the bolded ?
Just exaggeration...
Re: Lagos, Ogun Top 2023 Internet Growth - NBS by danilho(m): 1:24pm On Jan 13
Nigercity:

I said some part of Edo state and delta state
Read what I wrote

Although majority of the time is usually Lagos
While most times it's usually pH for delta
Which part will of Edo/Delta?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Bought Infinix Hot 3 LTE. I Am Disappointed With The Camera / Mtn 1gb For N200, 10mb For N2, Everyone Is Eligible / How To Play All Mobile Soccer Games With Controller Or Gamepad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.