Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? (10549 Views)

AFCON 2024 Quarter Final Teams and Pairings / Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Yemi Alade Visits Super Eagles Camp At AFCON 2024 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:21pm On Jan 13
ThierryJay:
Other than Rashidi Yekini, I think Martins and Osimhen reached the highest world class levels of a striker for Nigeria.

Kanu is not really a striker to me. He's more like a supporting forward. He's the best for Nigeria in this category.

I feel Martins particularly underachieved as he had the highest potential among our strikers with his demonic pace. Between 2003 and 2005, Martins level was among the world best with the terrific partnership he formed with Adriano that tore Serie A defences to shreds. He was like a mini-version of Samuel Eto.

I remember Martins making a mincemeat of Maldini in UCL semifinal in his goal against AC Milan. It is a pity he did not maximize his potential for Nigeria. The 2006 World cup miss stunted his legacy for Nigeria.

Dat Match Against Arsenal ehn.

It was the Single BEST Performance by any African in the UEFA CL. cool smiley

He Tormented Sol Campbell, Kolo Toure and the Entire Arsenal Defence as Inter Milan won 3 0 at Highbury.

But They sacked the coach Hector Viper and employed one Zacherroni. undecided

So, In the Return leg, Arsenal Thrashed them 5 1 with Thierry Henry scoring a Hat trick. sad smiley
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by powersalesGUY(m): 10:37pm On Jan 13
Recency bias would make most folks choose Osimhen
or one could say History bias is my own problem lol

2 Likes

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by engrvicky(m): 10:50pm On Jan 13
His name is Rashidi 'YeKing' Yekini.

He won golden boot in all the leagues he played.

From Nigeria to Asec Mimosa to Vitoria Setubal.... He's the best!

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by chudez0147(m): 10:51pm On Jan 13
Isobug:
Ik Uche.
Obafemi Martins.
Osaze Odenwighe.
Yakubu Aiyegbeni
Olodo, Na so una dey fail exam. Op said who IS your favorite, and not who ARE your favorite kiss

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Isobug: 11:06pm On Jan 13
chudez0147:

Olodo, Na so una dey fail exam. Op said who IS your favorite, and not who ARE your favorite kiss
No time
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by BALLOSKI: 6:53am On Jan 14
Kanu

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by BALLOSKI: 6:54am On Jan 14
powersalesGUY:

You're in the old class.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 7:46am On Jan 14
KingAzubuike:

Simple argument you're already bringing insult. Did I call you crazy?

You're just been nostalgic here. Same reason people will keep arguing that Maradona was better than messi. Its just nostalgia, a taste for things of old. You even had to use just one football match to cement your claim. Let's be honest, odegbami was no where near yakubu. He was no where near obafemi Martins. These two guys made a name in Europe and on national level. After yak and obagoal, yekini comes next.

Your problem is you are kid who thinks football started when you began watching football.

See the mumu comparing Odegbami to Martins.

A guy who thinks an African must ''make his name in Europe'' to be considered great, even though Nigerian players had zero need to go to Europe in the days of Mathematical Segun Odegbami, when Naira was worth more than the dollar.

Clubs in Europe and even Palmeiras of Brazil wanted Odegbami after the 1980 Cup of Nations we won, and he said NO, because there was NO REASON to leave Nigeria. The Eagles had been showered with money, houses, cars, everything, and were celebrated across the nation. Odegbami came 3rd in APOY rankings 1978. ZERO reason to play abroad. All the Eagles played in Nigerian clubs, and happily so.

You grew up in an era when economic decline led to players flocking Europe.

That's why you now equate a good player with one who has ''made his name in Europe''.

I don't blame you.

Indomie generation!

Don't go and ask your elders about stuff you don't know!

Ask them about Adokiye Amaesimaka. Master dribbler on the left.

In his hey day, this guy was probably the most skilful No 11 in world football.

Our best midfielder after Jay Jay Okocha was Midfield maestro, Muda Lawal, who played with Odegbami.

He never played for a European club. He played for IICC and was a top class midfield general of the first order.

In those days clubs like IICC and Rangers played visiting Brazilian clubs etc, and gave them a good game.

IICC held Fluminense to a 1-1 draw in Liberty Stadium, Ibadan, with Muda Lawal and Odegbami playing.

Tough ass game.

Small pikin.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by jubrilcastle(m): 7:58am On Jan 14
Usmanovic95:
Honestly Yak is underrated,that guy is one of the best in his hey days. I remember RIO Ferdinand in one of his interview said Yak was one of the toughest striker he ever faced.There is this way he bullies defenders and intimidate them with his physique and strength.Defenders dont relish the prospect of facing yak and to cap it all his penalty taking skill is second to none.I love I.K and obagoal for their sharp instinct and technical prowess.
Well said 👍

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:04am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

Your problem is you are kid who thinks football started when you began watching football.

A guy who thinks an African must ''make his name in Europe'' to be considered great, even though Nigerian players had zero need to go to Europe in the days of Mathematical Segun Odegbami, when Naira was worth more than the dollar.

Clubs in Europe and even Palmeiras of Brazil wanted Odegbami after the 1980 Cup of Nations we won, and he said NO, because there was NO REASON to leave Nigeria. The Eagles had been showered with money, houses, cars, everything, and were celebrated across the nation. Odegbami came 3rd in APOY rankings 1978. ZERO reason to play abroad. All the Eagles played in Nigerian clubs, and happily so.

That's why you now equate a good player with one who has ''made his name in Europe''.

I don't blame you.

Indomie generation!

Small pikin.
Oga keep quiet. Nobody is your mate here. Go and look for something else to do and stop watching football. He even made his name more with the green eagles and not the super eagles in case you don't know kid. No wonder you're just using a single incidence in a match to make your judgment. Anybody who knows the history of Nigerian football will even rate osaze above him. You're mentioning nigerian great strikers you're mentioning odegbami even rating him above yekini. You need to be hanged. Na small pikin dey worry you.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:10am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

I don't blame you.

Indomie generation!

Small pikin.
Here you go again saying Adokiye Amaesimaka was the most skillfull number 11 in the world during his time grin. This boy ehn. Your case is irredeemable. You know nothing . Someone that only played local football playing with jalisco and secondary school boys nahim you say was the most skillfull number 11 in the world. grin. They suppose hang you.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:12am On Jan 14
KingAzubuike:

Oga keep quiet. Nobody is your mate here. Go and look for something else to do and stop watching football. He even made his name more with the green eagles and not the super eagles in case you don't know kid. No wonder you're just using a single incidence in a match to make your judgment. Anybody who knows the history of Nigerian football will even rate osaze above him. You're mentioning nigerian great strikers you're mentioning odegbami even rating him above yekini. You need to be hanged. Na small pikin dey worry you.

Shut your little boy lips there, Indomie kid calling his elder 'small pikin'.

You are a complete donkey to dare compare Odemwingie to Segun Odegbami, and would be laughed out of court in any barely knowledgeable setting.

Clown.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by KingAzubuike(f): 8:12am On Jan 14
powersalesGUY:

Osimhen can't be rated yet but if he continues like this then he's on the right track. He has all the potential to be one of Nigerias greats.

2 Likes

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:16am On Jan 14
KingAzubuike:

Here you go again saying Adokiye Amaesimaka was the most skillfull number 11 in the world during his time grin. This boy ehn. Your case is irredeemable. You know nothing . Someone that only played local football playing with jalisco and secondary school boys nahim you say was the most skillfull number 11 in the world. grin. They suppose hang you.

Adokiye won the African Cup of Nations, you little indomie dunce drowned in racial inferiority complex. He also excelled in the 1980 Olympics with the Green Eagles.

Just because your brainwashed head thinks only someone who has played in a 'white country' can be great, doesn't mean a thing.

It's nobody's fault you are brainwashed to reason like that.

Go and unbrainwash your colonised head.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:20am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

Adokiye won the African Cup of Nations, you little indomie dunce drowned in racial inferiority complex.

Just because your brainwashed head thinks only someone who has played in a 'white country' can be great, doesn't mean a thing.

I've been reading your posts here.
1st you are very uncouth and abusive.

2nd you don't know football. You only have a bias and like for things of old

Where I admitted you was a clown was when you said Amaesimaka was the best number 11 in the world during his time. Despite how I sabi ball reach I still had to Google his name to k ow who he was. Found out he was just an unknown entity playing in enugu rangers and shooting stars. Na your best number 11 in the world be that.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:22am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

Adokiye won the African Cup of Nations, you little indomie dunce drowned in racial inferiority complex. He also excelled in the 1980 Olympics.

So apart from wining the nations Cup and shining in the Olympics what other spectacular thing did he do for him to deserve the title of the best dribbler in the world? You just have a bias for things of old. I am sure if Sunday Mba was from that era you would have said he was the best midfielder in the world all because of that afcon winning goal he scored.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:25am On Jan 14
NewDelhi:

I've been reading your posts here.
1st you are very uncouth and abusive.

2nd you don't know football. You only have a bias and like for things of old

Where I admitted you was a clown was when you said Amaesimaka was the best number 11 in the world during his time.

WHY, BECAUSE HE IS A NIGERIAN?

I have no time for low lifes who ooze inferiority complex.

Majority of you are conditioned to feel inferior.

Did you actually watch Adokiye play?

I bet you never did. Just like the other guy.

But you just know he could not have been the best. WHY?

Name the top 5 No 11s in world football in 1980.

Can you?

Was Finidi not ranked the best No 7 in world football in the mid 90s?

Do you know Adokiye was a better winger than Finidi?

Better and more skilful?
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Lamasta(m): 8:28am On Jan 14
Osimhen is already overtaking all of them as Nigeria's finest striker
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:32am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

WHY, BECAUSE HE IS A NIGERIAN?

I have no time for low lifes who ooze inferiority complex.

Majority of you are conditioned to feel inferior.

Did you actually watch Adokiye play?

I bet you never did. Just like the other guy.

But you just know he could not have been the best. WHY?

Name the top 5 No 11s in world football in 1980.

Can you?
So he was better than players like Rummenigge, Paulo rossi, Maradona, socretes, zico etc? You are a clown
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by bolliejay(m): 8:40am On Jan 14
The Yak for me. He was a joy to watch. I followed his Career from Macaabi Haifa to Pompey, to Boro, and Everton. Scored decent goals for 9ja as well despite that unfortunate missed sitter at the worldcup

2 Likes

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:40am On Jan 14
NewDelhi:

So he was better than players like Rummenigge, Paulo rossi, Maradona, socretes, zico etc? You are a clown

Use ur damn head.

The only reason you know those players is because they played in the World Cup. In those days Africa had just 2 places, and the Green Eagles narrowly missed the 1978 World Cup where the world would have seen the beautiful skills of Odegbami, Adokiye, Christian Chukwu, Muda Lawal and goalkeeper Emmanuel Okala, Nigeria's best keeper till date perhaps after Enyeama..

That they were unlucky and missed out DOES NOT MEAN THAT PLAYERS who made it there were all better than them.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:41am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

Use ur damn head.

The only reason you know those players is because they played in the World Cup. In those days Africa had just 2 places, and the Green Eagles narrowly missed the 1978 World Cup where the world would have seen the beautiful skills of Odegbami, Adokiye, Christian Chukwu, Muda Lawal and co.

That they were unlucky and missed out DOES NOT MEAN THAT PLAYERS who made it there were all better than them.

NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS.

Oga rest and stop arguing like a fool. You don't know anything.
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:43am On Jan 14
bolliejay:
The Yak for me. He was a joy to watch. I followed his Career from Macaabi Haifa to Pompey, to Boro, and Everton. Scored decent goals for 9ja as well despite that unfortunate missed sitter at the worldcup
That Rostikol boy up there will argue that odegbami was better than yakubu. Odegbami kwa grin . If he's even mentioning the likes of Amokachi we for still reason am.
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:43am On Jan 14
NewDelhi:

Oga rest and stop arguing like a fool. You don't know anything.

Shut up, small boy with an empty head.
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:45am On Jan 14
NewDelhi:

That Rostikol boy up there will argue that odegbami was better than yakubu. Odegbami kwa grin

You are a SMALL KID so shut up. You don't know anything.

I saw YAK play.

I saw Odegbami play.

Yak is not fit to tie Segun Odegbami's boots.

Go and ask your father or your uncles.

SMALL CHILDREN OF YESTERDAY..
Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by NewDelhi(m): 8:51am On Jan 14
Rostikol:

You are a SMALL KID so shut up. You don't know anything.

I saw YAK play.

I saw Odegbami play.

Yak is not fit to tie Segun Odegbami's boots.

Go and ask your father or your uncles.

SMALL CHILDREN OF YESTERDAY..
Keep quiet. I saw both play too. Odegbami can't even lace the boots of obafemi Martins. And you're here talking. Martins at a point once one of the most dangerous strikers in the world. Martins played in an era where we we spoiled for choices of strikers. An era where you could mention a thousand and one strikers and all of them were damn good. Yet Martins excelled and made a name for himself. You are here mentioning odegbami that did nothing more than shining in a forsaken nations cup

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Rostikol: 8:54am On Jan 14
NewDelhi:

Keep quiet. I saw both play too. Odegbami can't even lace the boots of obafemi Martins. And you're here talking. Martins at a point once one of the most dangerous strikers in the world. Martins played in an era where we we spoiled for choices of strikers. An era where you could mention a thousand and one strikers and all of them were damn good. Yet Martins excelled and made a name for himself. You are here mentioning odegbami that did nothing more than shining in a forsaken nations cup

You NEVER saw Segun Odegbami play.

I am 100% sure of that.

Just by what you typed.

You were not yet born when he was playing.

Lying kid...

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by kareemkamil(m): 12:14pm On Jan 14
Rasheed Yekini

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by goody234: 12:28pm On Jan 14
Rashidi yekini no question about it ...its a gooooooooal

1 Like

Re: Afcon 2024: Who Is Your Personal Favourite Super Eagles Striker? by Okudiover(m): 10:40am On Jan 15
Rashidi Yekini (RIP) is unassailable

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Port Harcourt To Host Sierra Leone Vs Cote D’ivoire AFCON Qualifier / DOWNLOAD Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquiao FIGHT / Morocco Wants AFCON Cancelled Because Of Ebola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.