Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others (860 Views)

Peter Mbah, Police, Others Flee During Certificate Of Return Presentation / Farmers And Forest Guards In Ondo Protest Against Unregistered Herdsmen (Photos) / As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by abc115: 10:38am On Jan 13
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu at a meeting in Abuja Friday with governors of the All Progressives Congress revealed his plans to rejig Nigeria's security architecture.

He mentioned three brand new police formations, to augment the regular police.

He said the deployment of forest guards was being considered, with better training, modern technological gadgets and weapons to strengthen security.

He said the solid mineral and marine economic sectors will also be secured by special police.

“We have a big marine economy, and I do not see why we should not have the marine police.

"We will have the same in solid minerals to keep the scavengers away. I am ready to invest in security".

President Tinubu also revealed his plans to stock the nation's mineral resources, in reserve.

"We will buy our own minerals and keep them in reserves, especially gold, which will be effective in our foreign exchange reserve,’’ the President told the governors.

https://twitter.com/aonanuga1956/status/1745953720985075819

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by immortalcrown(m): 10:41am On Jan 13
What they rejected from IPOB.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by atiku4President(m): 10:42am On Jan 13
That will be good. We need a security architecture that's in tandem with not only our existential threats but global best practices.

No challenge is insurmountable. Bad leadership has always been the clog in the wheel of our development.

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by superCleanworks(m): 10:47am On Jan 13
Headline: Marine Police arrests Marine spirit

dem wan collect work from pastor hand

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by MrProlific95: 10:52am On Jan 13
And Navy?

Army etc will just be earning Salaries?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by Houseontherock1: 10:53am On Jan 13
Good move
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by Depriest2020: 10:54am On Jan 13
Tinubu God will continue to bless you, for your good intentions for Nigeria and Nigerians, may the Good Lord continue to preserve you with good health, sound and discerning mind to move Nigeria forward. Amen.
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by clearcrystal: 11:03am On Jan 13
Right move in the right direction.
I'm surprised Nigeria as a Country don't have gold reserve.
This move by the president will come with a lot of resistance from within and outside the Country.
I pray he succeeds.
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by joshjc(m): 11:12am On Jan 13
Nice idea, I also think we should have Marines from the Navy and also a National Guard instead of always deploying the regular Army
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by Godwin4444: 11:31am On Jan 13
MrProlific95:
And Navy?

dont u know d meaning of what is written up there?

Many of u are just programmed to criticize n condemn even if it will do u good

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by Iziquiel(m): 11:42am On Jan 13
MrProlific95:
And Navy?

I want to believe you didn't understand what you read.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by AyeMoJuba: 11:48am On Jan 13
Iziquiel:

I want to believe you didn't understand what you read.

Most of these boys are stack illiterates hiding behind the internet to abuse the opportunity to interact with intellectuals they won't , ordinarily, in real life, dare look in the face talk more of talking when they talk.
They are dimwits.
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by optionalY09: 11:50am On Jan 13
na so them dey do am
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by dominique(f): 12:16pm On Jan 13
The forest guards are very important especially in the dense forests on Abuja-Kaduna expressway. Let's just hope they don't go and be harassing civilians anyhow. The average uniform person gets power drunk and tends to abuse the power bestowed upon them.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by phemray(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13
clearcrystal:
Right move in the right direction.
I'm surprised Nigeria as a Country don't have gold reserve.
This move by the president will come with a lot of resistance from within and outside the Country.
I pray he succeeds.

A very good move and am confident that he will succeed, he knows how to do that, but my worries is fellow Nigerian with the deep corruption levels, those that will be working at the reserves/ agencies will sell everything on ground knowing the cash value but still be keeping fake records.
Our attitudes to getting money anyway anyhow to succeed in everything should be re examined.
Re: President Tinubu To Establish Forest Guards, Marine Police, Others by Mynd44: 12:36pm On Jan 13

(1)

Strike On Wednesday / President 'yar Adua Declared His Assets / The Secret Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.