Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? (313 Views)

Can This Truly Happen In Lagos - Photo / Prospect Of Interior Design/decor In Developed Countries. / Dorcas Shola Fapson Escapes Kidnapping & Rape From Taxify Driver (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by UrFears: 8:36am On Jan 14
With the steady rise of kidnapping in Nigeria, I'm curious to know if other developed countries Like USA, UK, CANADA, EU countries have same challenge?
Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:40am On Jan 14
It happens but the perpetrators hardly get away with it.

1 Like

Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by efego: 8:54am On Jan 14
Very rare because of their strong security architecture
Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by Zonefree(m): 9:00am On Jan 14
UrFears:
With the steady rise of kidnapping in Nigeria, I'm curious to know if other developed countries Like USA, UK, CANADA, EU countries have same challenge?
There are over 50 million CCTV cameras in USA.

That's about 25% of Nigeria population as security camera in USA.

Ponder on that.

2 Likes

Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by DyingFetus: 10:25am On Jan 14
Yes

Dumb kidnapper's eventually get caught while smart ones live normal lives without you knowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpK2PTw50dU
Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by maternal: 11:12am On Jan 14
UrFears:

It's unimaginable. Once police is aware of it, they'd dispatch their special unit to deal with it. No way it happens.
Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by studyless123: 7:06pm On Jan 14
UrFears:

Kidnapping is a global crime but the motive differs. Hundreds of thousands people are missing in the US each year especially children but there's little incentive to broadcast such cases. In some malls, you can lose your child in as little as 10 seconds. You have to be focused.

2 Likes

Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by studyless123: 7:13pm On Jan 14
tensazangetsu20:
It happens but the perpetrators hardly get away with it.

Zonefree:

There are over 50 million CCTV cameras in USA.

That's about 25% of Nigeria population as security camera in USA.

Ponder on that.

grin grin grin Too much of Hollywood. That's what most Nigerians believe but far from the reality. Murder cases are one of the most investigated but about 30% to 50% of such cases are unresolved.
My car was stolen from a secured airport parking lot. It was then I knew many of those cameras are flawed and the police are overwhelmed.

3 Likes

Re: Does Kidnapping Happen In Developed Countries Too? by maternal: 9:55pm On Jan 14
studyless123:

grin grin grin Too much of Hollywood. That's what most Nigerians believe but far from the reality. Murder cases are one of the most investigated but about 30% to 50% of such cases are unresolved.
My car was stolen from a secured airport parking lot. It was then I knew many of those cameras are flawed and the police are overwhelmed.

Solving a murder and getting the murderer prosectuted are two different things. To Say you have a 50% chance to get away with murder in America is a lie. You can't even go through a red light on your bicycle like that.

Lastly police don't care about your car. They'd rather have you go through insurance than waste time investigating a car theft, because they're focusing on those murders.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Security Tips While Booking Vacations Online / Nigeria Immigration Service Suspends Biometrics Enrolment & Charges / Lagos Traffic Radio 96.1 FM To Hold 3rd Annual Lecture Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.