Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation (17905 Views)

Blogger Gbenga Dan-Asabe Arraigned In Court For Defaming Guru Maharaj Ji / DJ Ali Dan-Asabe Remanded For Disturbing Islamic School / Gbenga Kikiowo Started Robbing At Age 7, Hoped To Be Popular Like Oyenusi, Anini (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Welrez(m): 4:20pm On Jan 14
Commit evil with a tincture of charity works and many Nigerians will always think you are clean and a good man!
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Omoluabi16(m): 4:26pm On Jan 14
Online defamation is a serious thing oh, and the sad thing is people are still very ignorant that it could have serious consequences. I remember that Erisco case.
Be less of that hero and mind your business.
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Abee79(m): 4:47pm On Jan 14
See? If the Nigerian law enforcement agencies REALLY want to catch you, there is absolutely no where to hide under the surface of God's earth!
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by 7upnigeria: 5:05pm On Jan 14
Rich4god:
Funny country.

So police took their time to track this guy and finally got him after some months.... but they can't track bandits who have been terrorising Nigerians for years.

Nigerian security.... ötìlō...

Na ONE BY ONE. Bandits have been arrested in the past. And you can see, it took them 2 years to finally get him.
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by seunayantokun(m): 5:23pm On Jan 14
Defamation na prosecution and damages.
But any time blow blow come blow guru's yansh, im too go smell pepper. But wait o, the charms them find with Asabe, who get am?
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Ironbull: 5:23pm On Jan 14
verybadmouth:
Police get time oooo. Na bloggers una dey catch while bandits and kidnappers are operating freely

The thing really shock me I swear.

So police can't trail bandit and kidnappers and arrest them but one unknown blogger just wihinning his mouth to get traffics to his blog
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by faceland: 5:37pm On Jan 14
If you are publishing fake news with no evidence, I have no sympathy for you. That is not free speech.

But Guru Maraji too is a liar (said some bullshit about Abacha visiting him).
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by DrMuzungu(m): 5:38pm On Jan 14
Only in Nigeria defamation warrants arrests. In other countries, it can only be a matter of civil lawsuits. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by verybadmouth(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14
Ironbull:

The thing really shock me I swear.

So police can't trail bandit and kidnappers and arrest them but one unknown blogger just wihinning his mouth to get traffics to his blog
Nigeria is obviously a disgrace
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Hassanmaye(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by gassbee: 6:09pm On Jan 14
can u use this guy as a scape goat for others to get d message
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by theamazonguru(m): 6:30pm On Jan 14
Kaa4:
We will see this through to the end. From that Celestial Prophet to all th erest of them.

Lol. Prophet Marcus Tibetan.
It was this same Dan Asabe that hyped him In those days.
Now he is working with another prophet against Tibetan to the point they are claiming the man is fetish and that he got his power from babalawo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Yankiss(m): 6:32pm On Jan 14
Rich4god:
Funny country.

So police took their time to track this guy and finally got him after some months.... but they can't track bandits who have been terrorising Nigerians for years.

He is a soft target.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by hotseat: 7:20pm On Jan 14
There are many things taken for granted in this country but not until the long arm of the law catches up with one before one discovers, though belatedly, that these laws do exist.

There are laws in our statute books dealing with issues such as "deformation of character", "libel" and "slander".

Wild and unsubstantiated allegations negatively affects the public image of the victim and made to suffer severe pains for which he can go to court to seek redress.

Most bloggers, in their desperation to attract netizens to their blogs sites engage in outlandish falsehoods.

Na Guru wan Maharaji this Asabe guy!

@hotseat
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by iamjavadem(m): 7:46pm On Jan 14
Maybe you can provide them with the details of the bandits. You think they are magicians.
Rich4god:
Funny country.

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Ogiame: 8:02pm On Jan 14
Holluwhakemmy:
Hmmmn he's in total trouble
How's Iya Holluwhakemmy? Really miss her
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Realtruth2023: 8:44pm On Jan 14
This is what will happen to those tribal bigots who do ethnic baiting and incitement. I laugh when they think they cannot be tracked.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by fkj950ax(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14
Hassanmaye:
I will get back to you please. I'm busy man

Good idea. Use your freedom in a busy manner to put your house together because when you are in custody, you are on your own

Realtruth2023:
This is what will happen to those tribal bigots who do ethnic baiting and incitement. I laugh when they think they cannot be tracked.

I hope you read this too
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by cardoctor(m): 11:22pm On Jan 14
More fans and followers coming up.
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Dybala11(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14
verybadmouth:
Police get time oooo. Na bloggers una dey catch while bandits and kidnappers are operating freely
Bandits and kidnappers get gun, bloggers don't use guns as instruments. Know the difference fez. 🙄
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by mkoabiola: 11:51pm On Jan 14
He was arrested on a mosque
And u find him with charms in possession

Werey police

But how can u trail someone fur 2 years

Guru must have spent alot jus to arrest ds guy
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by JohnQueen(m): 7:28am On Jan 15
This is a civil matter. Go through the courts. How do you arrest someone over defamation? Smh
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by Omihanifa: 10:26pm On Jan 16
theamazonguru:

Lol. Prophet Marcus Tibetan.
It was this same Dan Asabe that hyped him In those days.
Now he is working with another prophet against Tibetan to the point they are claiming the man is fetish and that he got his power from babalawo.

Ever since prophet segun adebayo gave asabe that car, asabe's loyalty switched and he started tilting towards prophet segun.
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by theamazonguru(m): 11:03pm On Jan 16
Omihanifa:

Ever since prophet segun adebayo gave asabe that car, asabe's loyalty switched and he started tilting towards prophet segun.
Just imagine.
Money worshippers Dem.
Re: Lagos Blogger, Gbenga Dan Asabe Arrested Over Alleged Defamation by sreamsense: 11:29pm On Jan 16
Instead of depending on "send me star" blogging job to vomit rubbish and tarnish people's omahe because of traffic, kindly go out to learn better job or open shop to sell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mary Ekere Assaulted And Stripped By Thugs In Akwa Ibom / Okada Riders Protest In Karu, Abuja Over The Killing Of Their Colleagues / Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.