Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution (3491 Views)

No Room For Full Sharia Implementation In Nigeria – Buhari / Reps Approve 71 Amendments To Nigerian Constitution / Is Prostitution A Crime Under The Nigerian Constitution ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution by effects8000(m): 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2006
Is The Nigerian Sharia Law Above The Nigerian Constitution?

My fellow country men we how all see and heard of the rise of th imam politicians or the political mullah's in Nigeria.
And we all know that their sole aim is to destroy the country. It all started in 1999 when the imam politicans
decided to include the intoducation of the sharia penal code in place of the Nigerian constitution.

We Christians cared less and then the sharia touting thugs in the North of the country decided to not only attack but to kill non Moslem's in the North of the country."this was the beginning of sectarian violence in the country" Now the same thugs just made Nigeria the laughing stock of the international community when the decided to again kill non Moslem's and burn down churches and business owned by no Moslem's in the north of the country because of the cartoon saga in Danmark.

Now tell me, did the Christan's in the north of Nigeria draw the cartoons? We Nigerians abroad the followed the story closely would know that the Christan Organization of Nigeria was the first organization in the world to condemn the cartoons. Now why did they kill Christan's in the north of the country for what happen in Europe? Did they beat up any Danie's at least? A hungry region like the North of the country were poverty and illiteracy is common will kill their fellow country men for what happen in a developed country like Denmark.

Is the united Arab emirates not an Arab Islamic country? How any of you been to Dubai? Down there they practice the Modern version of the sharia law were by Christan's and Muslims are encrouged to leave side by side.

So now Nigerians do you think that the sharia law that is being imposed by the mullahs in the north of the country is above the Nigerian Constitution which is meant to be the supreme law of the land. OK your comments should be very objective and i really want to read commens form Nigerian Moslems. Cheers.
Re: Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution by nawah(f): 6:24pm On Mar 07, 2006
I find it very sad too.
But you have to understand something. The Masses are just being manupulated and have no Idea of the true teachings of Islam.
IT is against the will of Allah to arm and hurt other people, especially innocent once.
Most of these Peolple are poor hungry and desprate and have been indoctrinated.
Islam has a very high regard for Christianity and I don´t know why most ISlamic Scholars don´t emphasise on that.
There is so very little diference between the Koran and the Bible.
Allah is kind and mercifull, just and forgiving.
Re: Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution by charlisco(m): 6:50pm On Mar 07, 2006
bringing sharia Law into practise in Nigeria we escalate so many social ill (voilence), we have heard of bakasi boys how dey intend to provide security, but later used against one another. sharia law is not what we should be thinking at this time in Nigeria, People in the South and West is not in full support of it, even i myself.
See i love drinking beer and small stout then one law will just come to stop taking those thing from me or they cut one of my hand away, to God who made me, if such a thing happen to me, i will insert bomb in my self and walk striaght into the Chief Judge Office blown my self up with him, for allowing me to lose my hand. I think that is not a good idea to you, but that is how it is to me if sharia law is force on me to be practise.

If dey are willing to practise it, let them made ID card for those who wish to practise it and really see how many people we support it,

To those who may wish to practise it, let it be personal, if you voilate any of those law of Shaira, report urself to Mullah to give you the necessary punishment.

I would like to know if the Holy Bible support it
Re: Sharia Law And The Nigerian Constitution by davidif: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2008
sharia law is not only unconstitutional but is a direct violation of the laws of the federal republic of Nigeria. The FG should give those northern states an ultimatum, repeal sharia law or we will cut off govt. funding and basic amenities to your states. If they resist and try to riot and be violent, then the president under the executive powers of the presidency should declare a state of emergency and roll in tanks and infantry divisions into those state to re-establish law and order.
The second approach to sharia should be a fight for the hearts and minds of the northerners by granting them free education, establishing and subsidizing the cost of businesses. The creation of industries there would inevitably provide jobs for those impoverished folks.

(1) (Reply)

Insurance Agent Charged With Forgery / The G7 Hotel Cartoon (very Hillarious) / President Jonathan Worships At The Winners Chapel Today...see Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.