Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,008 members, 7,838,527 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. (500 Views)

Man Rapes Daughter In Ogun, Says ‘I Don’t Know What Came Over Me’ (Photo) / Panties Theft: I No Longer Wear Pants By Sinaj / EFCC Arrests 16 Ukrainians In Rivers For Oil Theft (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by ogugwa1992: 6:09am On Jan 15
Oil theft: Capt of ARRESTED Vessel, MT. KALI Says He Did Not Know How Crude Oil was Loaded Into His Vessel

The captain of the MT. Kali, the vessel arrested by operatives of by Tantita Security Services Nigeria Limited in Bayelsa State, Mr David Adeboye, on Sunday said he did not know how crude oil was loaded into the vessel,

He told journalists on Sunday that he was mandated from Lagos to Bayelsa to load Automative Gas Oil (Diesel).

However, he could not provide explanation on how the vessel was loaded with crude oil.

Adeboye spoke to Media at Oporoza, Delta State during a tour of the arrested vessel by Journalists.

He said he was sent for the operation after a test run of the vessel.

He said, “When we set out from Lagos, the boat had been in Lagos for more than a year, they were doing some maintenance on it. So when we came out, we were instructed to test run the two engines for like 10 miles and after 10 miles if we certify that it can go as far as Bayelsa, we should let them know.

"So after the test run for two hours, I got to them that one of the engines is not too good but we can manage it, so they gave us instruction that we should go to Bayelsa (at Pennington)!that we are going to bring back AGO.

"So that was the instruction given to us and the agent who is supposed to connect us either to the ship, I don't really know much. So, when I got there, I dropped anchor and spoke with the agent who also confirmed even in his statement that it was AGO that was originally planned for us to load. So at which point it turned to be crude oil that's what I am battling to figure out." He stated.

Adeboye however narrated that the agent was the person who brought the boys that loaded the vessel with crude oil.

According to him, "It was the agent that brought the boys, so when I saw them, I said that is okay. I tried to reach the management but because of where we were the network was not good."

Executive Director, Operations, TSSNL, Captain Warriedi Enisuoh said Tantita had intercepted the vessel weighing 3,000 tons loaded with approximately 119 tonnes of suspected stolen crude oil in Bayelsa State.

"This ship left Lagos a couple of days and switched off it AIS, but we knew they were coming to Niger Delta. Further intelligence got to us that it is coming into the Pennington oil field to load illegal crude oil. In this particular incident, we got information that the ship is departing Lagos river for the Niger Delta.

"Further intelligence came that it was going to the Pennington oil field, and the Pennington oil field is in Bayelsa. In description, Pennington is between Forupa, Letugbene, Ezetu, and Bilabiri, all these are Bayelsa communities.

"So, on getting to the environment, we knew that the closest persons that could respond effectively to the nefarious act of this ship would have been our base in Sokebolou. Sokebolou is our base, and that's where we launched from this operation.

"Early hours before we arrived, we had to launch drones with inferred capability to detect night vision. On arrival, the drone picked up the body hit of the ship, and those who were presently carrying out the particular act.

"Ontop of the platform were three people who we would want to know because they are the persons of interest, they're experts, they're the once who do the platform side of the job, connecting the hose to discharge it contents from below the sea belts into the ship.

"In that particular region, 14 oil wells, the ship was able to detect, which oil wells were hot enough to discharge its contents into the ship without the aid of mechanical pumps. So, that means they must have been very good inside our job.

"There must also be people who know that particular platform very well for the ship to stretch to and collect its contents. Those specimens we have impressions of those who worked on the platform before we're not sure, the investigation is ongoing.

"But what we know is that it was a ship and shore connection that was able to bring this operation into success. I mean, they are operational. So, however, on arrival, the Civil Defense was able to assist us in overpowering the other deposed any resistance. Yes, it is only fair that we allow the government security forces to do their job and effectively execute their jobs and are able to apprehend the ship.

"The crude Oil is from one of the several platforms of Shell Petroleum Development Company located in the Pennington Oil Field located in: Lat 4° 37.946'N 005° 29.345'E." he stated.

The vessel, identified as MT KALI with IMO N0. 8782800, was intercepted at around 12:25 am on Thursday and carried a crew of 2 members along with 13 community workers.

At the time of the report, he vessel is currently held at Tantita Operational Base in Oporoza, Gbaramatu Kingdom of Delta State.

https://crossfirereports.com/oil-theft-capt-of-arrested-vessel-mt-kali-says-he-did-not-know-how-crude-oil-was-loaded-into-his-vessel/

Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by jkpbestseries: 6:12am On Jan 15
Military join in stealing crude
Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by Whalis: 6:24am On Jan 15
jkpbestseries:
Military join in stealing crude
Not military join. Civilians join military. It is a trade the military has monopoly. The civilian only brings technical know how.
Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by BigBlackPreek(m): 6:59am On Jan 15
It is widely believed that the army and navy are the major players behind oil theft in Nigeria
Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by AchrafHakimi: 8:31am On Jan 15
ogugwa1992:

The captain of the MT. Kali, the vessel arrested by operatives of by Tantita Security Services Nigeria Limited in Bayelsa State, Mr David Adeboye, on Sunday said he did not know how crude oil was loaded into the vessel,

Hope he's not related to Pastor E. A. Adeboye.
Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:53am On Jan 15
Wetin Peter obi don expose since 19bc wey make some people call for his head, now they are seeing the truth. What a balabu nation
Re: Oil Theft : I Don’t Know How Crude Oil Was Loaded Into Vessel - Arrested Capt. by ruggedtimi(m): 12:39pm On Jan 15
You can carry a drum of diesel ..but no allow government see you with 10ltr of crude

(1) (Reply)

High Rate Of Crime Activities On The Elderly / Breaking : Boko Haram Kill Several People Today In Gwoza / Bloggers: Please Stop Posting False Content To The Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.