Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,684 members, 7,813,273 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery (13653 Views)

FG Seeks Private Funding To Close $2.5 Billion Electricity Gap / Tight Security At A-court, As Atiku Seeks Private Meeting With Tribunal Panel / BREAKING: Buhari Signs Executive Order Allowing Private Companies To Build Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by dre11(m): 12:05pm On Jan 15
The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has called for applications for private companies interested in maintaining and operating the Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC).

This was made known on Monday via the commission’s social media platform, explaining that the decision was made to improve dependability and sustainability to meet the country's fuel supply and energy security requirements.

A short statement titled, “Request For Expression Of Interest (EOI) For The Provision Of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Services For NNPC Limited Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC),” reads: “The Nigerian National Petroleum Company (NNPC) Limited is seeking to engage reputable and credible Operations & Maintenance (O&M) companies to operate and maintain one of its refineries, Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC), to ensure reliability and sustainability towards meeting the nation's fuel supply and energy security obligations.

Complete details on description, eligibility criteria, compliance with the Nigerian Content Act, Submission of EOI documents, closing date and important information are available on our official website when you visithttps://cms1977.nnpcgroup.com/uploads/NNPC_EOI_for_the_Provision_of_Operation_cbfa7aa37a.pdf.”

SaharaReproters had reported how PHRC reportedly resumed operations last December after it was shut down for rehabilitation by NNPCL for several months.

Amaka Okafor, Special Assistant to the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Heineken Lokpobiri, confirmed the resumption of operation at the refinery.

Amaka said, “Yes, the refinery is set, we will visit the refinery site today to kickstart its operation.”

The $1.5 billion rehabilitation project of the refinery was launched by former President Muhammadu Buhari administration in 2019, to restore the refinery to its nameplate capacity of 210,000 barrels per day (bpd).

Lokpobiri and the Group Chief Executive Officer of the NNPC Limited, Mele Kyari, in August, assured Nigerians that the refinery would be operational by December 2023.

Kyari also during the budget defence session on December 9, told Nigerian lawmakers that by the end of December 2023, the Port Harcourt refinery would commence operations.

He further said that in early 2024, the Warri refinery would begin operation and that by the end of 2024, the Kaduna refinery was expected to also commence operation.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/01/15/nigerian-petroleum-company-nnpc-seeks-private-companies-operate-port-harcourt-refinery

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Kenochi(m): 12:06pm On Jan 15
This is very good news,I salute the honesty of the NNPCL management for starting the process of full privatisation of all our Refineries
I have always stated that the last time any type of Refining was done in Nigeria was close to 15 years ago.All the personnel that know how to operate a Refinery are either retired or on their way out of the place. I have consistently maintained that the best policy that the Asiwaju Government can enact is to privatise at least two of the Refineries and I believe this is a step towards full privatisation
For those that will want to argue with this policy,my thoughts are as follows.
The people in NNPCL have already sold their soul,this is a company that has imported Refined crude oil in the past twenty years, they have mortgaged their conscience and they know that running a Refinery is hard work
They are used to short cuts and now that the Hardwork has come,they are not willing to do it

Let them give it to people who are willing to do the work,please check my signature for cheap properties with good titles around Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub which comprises of Dangote Refinery,Lekki Deep Sea port and Free Trade Zone

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by nstore: 12:10pm On Jan 15

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by fuckJones(f): 12:10pm On Jan 15
Peter to Simon the sorcerer: “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!” Acts 8:20

Beware of treating God’s free gift as a commodity you could afford to buy.

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Okoroawusa: 12:11pm On Jan 15
Port Harcourt Refinery is ready

I Love PMB

I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by TimeManager(m): 12:12pm On Jan 15
My confidence is growing more strongly in Ashiwaju's Presidency. With the new NNPCL board, i don't expect less than 99% efficiency.

-kiss the truth!

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Efewestern: 12:18pm On Jan 15
nstore:
But why private companies to operate Port Harcourt refinery?..

Government agencies have proven over the years that they are incapable of doing anything. The government has no business running refinery in the first place. Government should only concern themselve with security and critical infrastructure.

All refineries should be handed to private companies. Also, the government should look into wooing investors into other areas like the dead steel industry.

Our ticket out of poverty is Industrialization and we must take the pain the achieve that.

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by TimeManager(m): 12:30pm On Jan 15
nstore:
But why private companies to operate Port Harcourt refinery?..
As reported "..the decision was made to improve dependability and sustainability to meet the country's fuel
supply..."...
What do I know..
How it was so messed up under Government's management, workers sitting idly by, collecting salaries while refineries produced nothing. A simple example is INTELS efficiently managing the pilotage services of NPA on the behalf of Government, all revenues goes into TSA. FG should begin to hands off some critical sectors.

-kiss the truth!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by accordadoga21(f): 12:31pm On Jan 15
Hehehe

We are waiting for the E-president's reaction again.

This Country must be great.

The prayers of the bitter souls from a particular region for Nigeria will not come to pass

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Brendaniel: 12:31pm On Jan 15
Shebi OBJ told them earlier on they insulted him, their eye has started to clear

13 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by dadavivo: 12:32pm On Jan 15
last last dem go talk true by force grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by mejetov422: 12:32pm On Jan 15
I thought as much

1 Like

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Honestey: 12:33pm On Jan 15
Atiku will be like, I no tell you undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by omenka1: 12:34pm On Jan 15
sad
Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by adioolayi(m): 12:35pm On Jan 15
This will be a brilliant move...

Civil servants... especially the FGN own needs proper reorientation to handle government facilities.. especially, the income generating ones. So, before this is achieved, get private agents to run the refineries for now

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:36pm On Jan 15
I think this is a good idea.. honestly I really thought Nigeria will never take things serious buh now it's getting really tough they took the right step. I pray they don't start those flimsy excuse later on.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by integrity16(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15
Very good. And a welcome development.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by ZACHIE: 12:37pm On Jan 15
This is a smart decision.

6 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Chikel20000(m): 12:37pm On Jan 15
If this will make fuel cheap n better d naira...I am very ok with dis....Nigerians r truly suffering

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by allthingsgood: 12:38pm On Jan 15
new scam

They will give it to their own people who will then milk the refinery dry
Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by bestman09(m): 12:38pm On Jan 15
Confused and selfish lots. This is what OBJ tried to do 17 years ago and this same tinubu and his gang fought against it raining insults on OBJ till Yaradua cancelled the process. 17 good years wasted chasing shadows

9 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by budaatum: 12:38pm On Jan 15
Please, I am looking for someone to Uberise my Peugeot 404. Must remit daily.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by pepetua(m): 12:39pm On Jan 15
They will soon fine one, useless country.
Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by rajiedreez: 12:40pm On Jan 15
Good
Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Houseofglam7(f): 12:40pm On Jan 15
🤦🏽‍♀️
Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by Dobodobo04: 12:40pm On Jan 15
It makes sense to either lease it or sell it to a private company for better management.

The process should be open to both local and foreign bidders too. We need competition in the downstream sector, which is good for Nigerians.

Prices will be cheaper, hopefully, no collusion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by citygarden(m): 12:41pm On Jan 15
This is a very brilliant idea by FG. They fix the refinery before seeking for PPP

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by bestman09(m): 12:43pm On Jan 15
budaatum:
Please, I am looking for someone to Uberise my Peugeot 404. Must remit daily.
If only you know the value of this VINTAGE ASSET!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Seeks Private Companies To Operate Port Harcourt Refinery by MadamExcellency: 12:43pm On Jan 15
Unless the management staff and 50% of contractors are sacked, it wouldn't work. Brace up for a mass sack of political staff.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Albishir Dies In A Car Crash / Why Is Supporting GEJ Seen As An Offence? / Boko Haram Abducts 40 Boys, Men In Borno Village

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.