Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,920 members, 7,814,100 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive (29813 Views)

First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu Arrives Owerri For August Meeting / Governor Tambuwal Commissions 10km Roads In Ahoada LGA, Rivers State (Photos) / Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by SoNature(m): 5:21pm On Jan 15
President Bola Tinubu has landed at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport in Owerri, the Imo state capital, for the second term swearing-in ceremony.

The president, whose aircraft touched down at the airport at 1:19 pm, performed his first duty in Imo by commissioning the 10-kilometer Bola Tinubu Drive at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport.

After the commission, the president, who led a large number of Nigerian dignitaries, headed straight to the Dan Anyiam Stadium for the swearing-in ceremony.

Among the dignitaries who received the President at the airport were the President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio; Deputy President of the Senate, Barau Jibrin; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Tajudeen Abbas; Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu.

Also at the airport were governors, including Babaji Sanwo-Olu (Lagos), Alex Otti (Abia), Biodun Oyebanji (Ekiti), AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (Kwara), Rev. Ft Hyacinth Alia (Benue), Lucky Aiyedatiwa (Ondo), Francis Nwifuru (Ebony), Nasir Idris (Kebbi), and Ahmad Sokoto (Sokoto).

Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Doris Uzoka-Anite; Minister of Innovation, Science and Technology, Uche Nnaji; former Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, and Hon Uche Ekwunife, among others, were at the airport.

President Tinubu was accompanied by his Principal Private Secretary, Mr Hakeem Muri-Okunola, along with other close aides

The President then proceeded to the Dan Anyiam Stadium to attend the Inauguration ceremony.

Source: https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-tinubu-arrives-owerri-commissions-10km-airport-drive/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by SoNature(m): 5:21pm On Jan 15
Meet Governor Hope Uzodinma - the only shameless governor who invites the president to commission every kilometre of road completed.

In the end, he will spend more money to host and entertain the president and his guests than the entire amount spent on the project. Such a waste! undecided

133 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Paramount01(m): 5:22pm On Jan 15
The baba of Nigeria politics

41 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Enemiesmasquera: 5:25pm On Jan 15
A failure of a president. Many people are kidnapped and killed here and there but he chooses to look away going for a meaningless function. Thunder fire any idiot that would quote me and say rubbish

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Walai(m): 5:26pm On Jan 15
undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by kingsways: 5:30pm On Jan 15
It’s ok

But did all these people have to be there . I don’t think so

It’s wrong to be partying at a time a Nigerian has been kidnapped with his entire family with at least one of them confirmed dead and others still in captivity

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Ance4Liverpool: 5:32pm On Jan 15
Gathering of failiures.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by spy24(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15
It was Buhari and now it is Tinubu

Why these people like Hope like this ?

In the past 8 years imo has seen the most presidential visit aside from the two president home state

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by fnep2smooth(m): 5:55pm On Jan 15
my state, my airport
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by ribbit: 5:55pm On Jan 15
SoNature:
Meet Governor Hope Uzodinma - the only shameless governor who invites the president to commission every kilometre of road completed.

In the end, he will spend more money to host and entertain the president and his guests than the entire amount spent on the project undecided
yen yen yen.

Should we remind you that uzodinma won re election by a landslide.
Obi couldn't get 40% popular vote in his re election bid in anambra despite pitching anambran Catholic against anambran Anglican.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Atarakpa: 5:56pm On Jan 15
Which chieftaincy title we give now. Please kindly suggest
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Sharon1996: 5:56pm On Jan 15
I don't get is the window of that plain open nii?
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by PheelzAlmighty: 5:56pm On Jan 15
A walking calamity. Argue with your spinal cord
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Cmanforall: 5:56pm On Jan 15
SoNature:

In the end, he will spend more money to host and entertain the president and his guests than the entire amount spent on the project undecided

I thought the main aim of the invitation is for his swearing-in. Meanwhile, there are other governors present

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Elvis2kay: 5:58pm On Jan 15
lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Ironbull: 5:59pm On Jan 15
SoNature:

Ok, we have heard you but the truth is Tinubu is in Imo State.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by nawa4naija(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15
Thief-nubu coming to Owerri to meet Hopeless Ozodimgba

What a meeting

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Alexlalax1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15
If I talk wetin dey my mind....I fit chop am. Instead of sitting his sorry ass down in Abuja and reason solution on how to fix naija, he will be galavanting the whole place without any tangible results. Gathering of failures!!!

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Yousuph007(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15
Better
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Stevosty: 6:00pm On Jan 15
jamboree continua, the people can keep fasting and praying.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by thesicilian: 6:00pm On Jan 15
arantess:

Use your head na...
Who invited him?, the people or the governor?

Use ya head this year

Thought they said he's not their president

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by 77up(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15
SoNature:

Set of bitter kola people undecided

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by Femisol(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15
Let him enjoy his title

Mr Emilokan

People have finally accepted him as President grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by benalvino3: 6:02pm On Jan 15
There are more airports than planes in this country

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by tojahh(m): 6:03pm On Jan 15
Why does he look like Buhari to me undecided

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by benalvino3: 6:03pm On Jan 15
fnep2smooth:
my state, my airport
It will run for the 1st 6montths then die off. The next man will use it to steal money.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by saxahe33: 6:04pm On Jan 15
Hope uzodimma
Re: Tinubu Arrives Owerri, Commissions 10km Airport Drive by arantess: 6:05pm On Jan 15
thesicilian:
Thought they said he's not their president
Use your head na...
Who invited him?, the people or the governor?

Use ya head this year

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari In Kano (Photos, Video) / All 7 New Boats Acquired By Lagos For Lagferry Are Locally Made (Video) / Dalung Dumps APC: Developments In Your Party Conflicts With My Core Principles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.