Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

If You Are A Soldier, Read This - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / If You Are A Soldier, Read This (213 Views)

Nigerian Army Dismisses Soldier For Having Sex With Colleague’s Wife (photo) / How Much Does A Soldier Or A Naval Officer Earn In Nigeria? / Can A Soldier Resign From The Force? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Are A Soldier, Read This by meedoLock(m): 8:05pm On Jan 15
We both left home at 18.
You cleared JAMB
I got recommended.
You got UNIVERSITY,
I got NDA.
You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.
Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and
Some nights also included.
You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.
Best company took you and
Best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With 2 stars piped on my shoulders.
You got a job,
I got a way of life.
Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished i got to see my parents soon.
You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade in bunkers.
We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished i was alive.
You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.
We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but
You wiped her but,
I couldn't.
You hugged her but,
I couldn't.
Because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and,
Coffin wrapped with tricolour.
My way of life ended,
Yours continued.
We both left home at 18.

I dedicate this to every soldier and uniform person out there, we don't understand what you do and the sacrifices you make, but know that we are eternally grateful!

Copied..
Re: If You Are A Soldier, Read This by meedoLock(m): 8:08pm On Jan 15
To every gallant soldier out there. The system might ridicule and deplete the required prestige of a field soldier but no shy away from the fact that it's a bold step to want to be a soldier, most especially one in Nigeria.

God bless our dear nation..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are A Soldier, Read This by ArcFresky(m): 8:08pm On Jan 15
Good poem

Being a solider gives meaning to your life.

Not Nigerian kind of soldiers shaa... That one, you just come suffer

2 Likes

Re: If You Are A Soldier, Read This by meedoLock(m): 9:02pm On Jan 15
ArcFresky:
Good poem

Being a solider gives meaning to your life.

Not Nigerian kind of soldiers shaa... That one, you just come suffer

We will get there bro. But only when the needful is done. We are all still trapped in a confinement called 'marriage' until we realize we've always been plying the wrong way
Re: If You Are A Soldier, Read This by ArcFresky(m): 2:18pm On Jan 16
meedoLock:

We will get there bro. But only when the needful is done. We are all still trapped in a confinement called 'marriage' until we realize we've always been plying the wrong way

Disagree. Diversity is not a problem. Look at the U.S. and the U.K., made up of diverse regions and cultures. Embrace the unity; selfishness hinders progress.
Re: If You Are A Soldier, Read This by meedoLock(m): 3:22pm On Jan 16
ArcFresky:

Disagree. Diversity is not a problem. Look at the U.S. and the U.K., made up of diverse regions and cultures. Embrace the unity; selfishness hinders progress.

I equally disagree, do you mean the almagamation system should be embraced? Is the diversity practice in the U. S/U. K thesame practice in Nigeria. Is their central govt as powerful as we have it here? Are there not state and community policing in these places? Do states in these states not controlling their local resources? There are gains in cultural diversity of course, but it doesn't work with the deliberate constitution written by few people on behalf of millions of head. It has never worked since it's inception and it's obvious it will never work.

(1) (Reply)

The Foundation Of Success In Your Career Or Business / Web Developer/graphic Designer Needed At Resources Farm | Apply Now / Your Hot Mini-importation E-book Is Available. Just 1k & Thank Me Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.