Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Buying Land For Livestock Farming In A Semi Urban Area - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Buying Land For Livestock Farming In A Semi Urban Area (124 Views)

EASY PROPERTY: Buy 2,3&4 Bedroom Semi-Detached &Terrace Duplex @Urban Prime Ajah / Buy Family Home @Urban Prime One (CofO) - Beautiful Luxury Residence / Agony Of A Semi-atheist In A Christian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buying Land For Livestock Farming In A Semi Urban Area by wineconnoisseur: 10:00am On Jan 16
Please farm expert in the house I need your help, I’m planning to buy a land for piggery, poultry, fisheries and greenhouse farming in a semi urban area of ogun state instead of going for the cheaper rural area land due to the proximity and road network. I’m planing to buy 5 acres but now I’m thinking of buying the land in different parts of the semi urban areas like buying one acre each for different livestock, I don’t know if it make sense that way? Just incase if one livestock farm is not doing well, it will be easy to sell the business without affecting others. I will be starting with poultry farm and then the manure will be used for the green house. I will need your inputs maybe to situate the farm on the same land or separately like I wanted to do it. Thanks in advance
Re: Buying Land For Livestock Farming In A Semi Urban Area by Patented: 10:22am On Jan 16
wineconnoisseur:
Please farm expert in the house I need your help, I’m planning to buy a land for piggery, poultry, fisheries and greenhouse farming in a semi urban area of ogun state instead of going for the cheaper rural area land due to the proximity and road network. I’m planing to buy 5 acres but now I’m thinking of buying the land in different parts of the semi urban areas like buying one acre each for different livestock, I don’t know if it make sense that way? Just incase if one livestock farm is not doing well, it will be easy to sell the business without affecting others. I will be starting with poultry farm and then the manure will be used for the green house. I will need your inputs maybe to situate the farm on the same land or separately like I wanted to do it. Thanks in advance

having your farm in one contiguous piece of land has advantages for logistics and security.

farming in a semi urban area which is obviously still developing has its issues too. Poultry smells and does fish when u discharge water. the smell can become a nuisance to your neighbors who can start trouble. you also have to clearly have a way to channel your waste water from fish cos that too can become a nuisance. your green house should not give you any issues. perhaps consider snail farming too as that does not cause significant nuisance. whatever you are doing consult experts. i inspected a poultry farm that failed one cos birds were always dying. it had shut down when we inspected, one of the reasons became very clear, each hen house,(there were more than 10) had oly a small tank for water. typically u would estimate that each bird may consume 500cl to a litre in a day and the tanks could not supply even a quarter of the required amount. pens were also too close together, leading to poor ventilation and easy transmission of diseases.

So consult experts or people with experience all the time

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Best Tips To Help You Save More In 2024 / 7 Steps To Hiring Household Staff / Regina Daniels 2024 Beautiful Valentine Gift.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.