Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,171 members, 7,825,658 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State (28416 Views)

Corpses, Body Parts, Arms Found In Bayelsa Refuse Bins Weekly / EndSARS: Calabar Hoodlums Begin Dumping Of Looted Items In Waste Bins (Photo) / KWSG Environmental Task Force Distributes Waste Bins To Markets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:17am On Jan 17
WithX:

Don't give up so soon bro.

That is why i said you should find a niche, you can target one rich residential area. If one of them buy into the idea, others will likely follow suit as the idea takes one chore off their list.

As a strategy, you can produce one and give our for free, if others se it they will most likely ask for contact.

Ok I will definitely give this a try
Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by kayusely70(m): 9:41am On Jan 17
seunmsg:
There is actually a need for greater collaboration between south western states. The current set of governors should go back to the DAWN documents and work together to achieve economic cooperation in the region. The western rail network that is designed to connect the six south west should be given urgent priority.
Kudos to you! You've said it all!
Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by kayusely70(m): 9:42am On Jan 17
seunmsg:
There is actually a need for greater collaboration between south western states. The current set of governors should go back to the DAWN documents and work together to achieve economic cooperation in the region. The western rail network that is designed to connect the six south west should be given urgent priority.
Kudos to you! You've said it all![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by BenedictAbajue(m): 11:47am On Jan 17
SALLYBERRY01:

It sends SMS directly to the waste management authorities once the bin is filled with location of the bin

Like in real life, is there a way to contact lawma and tell them my dustbin is filled up? Just like the e-dustbin does. I would now do the same manually: When my dustbin fills up, I contact the waste management authority same way the e-dustbin does, and I alert them that my dustbin is filled up. Is it possible?
Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:05pm On Jan 17
SALLYBERRY01:
Lagos lead other follows

Lagos lead other follows

Waste management is very important.

My final year project was based on waste management.

Design and construction of a solar powered automatic waste bin with an SMS alert system.

When the waste bin is full, the system locks itself and displays the level of the wastebin on the LCD screen attached to the waste bin, preventing anyone from dumping in it. This waste bin also alerts waste management authorities by sending an SMS alert with its location of the bin to waste management authorities from time to time.
Which microcontroller did you use
Re: Lawma Fabricates Waste Bins For Ekiti State by abdsamad(m): 1:05pm On Jan 18
SALLYBERRY01:
Lagos lead other follows

Lagos lead other follows

Waste management is very important.

My final year project was based on waste management.

Design and construction of a solar powered automatic waste bin with an SMS alert system.

When the waste bin is full, the system locks itself and displays the level of the wastebin on the LCD screen attached to the waste bin, preventing anyone from dumping in it. This waste bin also alerts waste management authorities by sending an SMS alert with its location of the bin to waste management authorities from time to time.

Kudos to you for working the system out. Someone talked about monetization but I really don't see how that's feasible.
I think one would be solving a problem that doesn't exist with this waste bin.

The user knows when it's full so having the bin identify that isn't helpful. Only useful for something remotely operated, but bins are not remotely operated.

Then it locks itself. But why? Surely the user knows when the bin is full and will just avoid using it at that point.

Then it contacts the authorities and sends location data. Surely it is more effective for the authorities to just do their rounds and pick up all the bins within a locale than to go out and empty random individual bins.

The system is inapplicable to residential areas. It may be beneficial to public areas where preventing bin overflow and encouraging quick removal is important since no one person is responsible for the bin but even then it's more efficient to just make someone responsible for the bins and pay them.

Also... nigeria. The bins will be vandalized.

Maybe a large public park or something of that nature.

You should think of ways to adapt this. But start by identifying a problem it can actually solve and for whom

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP / The Niger Delta In Pictures / I’ll Rebuild Ayefele’s Music House —AJIMOBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.