Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,755 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB (8039 Views)

Atiku Didn’t Reply To Our Invitation — Chatham House / Just In: Court Orders Arrest Of CCB Chairman Over El Rufai's Assets Declaration / Break What CJN Told CCB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by TheRareGem1(f): 12:04am On Jan 17
The Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB) has denied reports that the Minister of Interior, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo shunned its invite, adding that the latter instead requested to reschedule his invitation.

The CCB had invited the embattled minister over the involvement of his company in a ₦438 million contract with the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation.

The meeting that was earlier scheduled for yesterday (Monday) could not hold as the Minister did not show up at the bureau but sent a memo to the CCB, citing national assignment.

Speaking on the development in a telephone interview with Nigerian Tribune on Tuesday, the spokesperson for the CCB, Veronica Kato, said the minister’s interrogation would be rescheduled for a later date following his memo sent to the bureau citing national assignment.

“Yes, the minister’s interrogation has been rescheduled. He wrote, asking that it be rescheduled because he has a national assignment, so it has been rescheduled for a later date,” Kato said.

“There was no case of shunning invitation,” the spokesperson added.

When asked about the next scheduled date, she said there was no specific date yet.

We don’t have a precise date now, but it has been rescheduled to another day,” she said.
https://tribuneonlineng.com/tunji-ojo-didnt-shun-our-invitation-ccb/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by FreeStuffsNG: 12:14am On Jan 17
Honouring the CCB invitation is a national assignment too in a way but it's fair to reschedule based on his request since this is the first invitation.

It's ultimately in his best interest to eventually attend the interview as failure to do so will hang over his head like the sword of Damocles.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by TheRareGem1(f): 12:30am On Jan 17
FreeStuffsNG:
Honouring the CCB invitation is a national assignment too in a way but it's fair to reschedule based on his request since this is the first invitation.

It's ultimately in his best interest to eventually attend the interview as failure to do so will hang over his head like the sword of Damocles.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!

So what's the need for the second paragraph when you already made sense in the first. Chai. Sleepy already 😂😂

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Linesman(m): 4:04am On Jan 17
We are waiting for the Outcome.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by lapo(m): 4:05am On Jan 17
He should not delay

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by RapportNaija(m): 4:06am On Jan 17
Jagaban... Playing ping pong with Nigerians. Lol. Emilokan General!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by kuboy: 4:10am On Jan 17
He should go and answer his corruption case asab.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by epainos: 4:27am On Jan 17
Tunji-Ojo cannot escape this. He killed himself. As long as Beta Edu is out of the way, Tunji-Ojo cannot escape it. As Sanni Shehu said, they would all get away with it if Buhari was still the president.

Just a pity that a minister who started well decided to be greedy and stupid. Lol. All politicians are thieves, but once in a while there will be "fall guys".

My plead is that Jagaban should allow him to set a good foundation his successor will follow before he kicks him out finally.

6 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Westerhoffe(m): 4:33am On Jan 17
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Newness2019: 4:43am On Jan 17
TheRareGem1:

A MAN THAT IS BEING INVESTIGSTED FOR FRAUD NOW HAS THE PREROGATIVE OF BEING INVOLVED IN A NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT.

CCB IS A TOTAL JOKE. THEY ARE PARTIAL. OJO IS FROM THE SAME REGION WITH TINUBU.

GOD IS WATCHING YOU PEOPLE.

OJO MUST BE SUSPENDED.

HE INFLUENCED THAT CONTRACT FROM THE BEGINNING.

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by BluntCrazeMan: 4:46am On Jan 17
Ok naa..

I just gat nothing to say for now
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by MasterTeeUSA: 4:47am On Jan 17
Probably need to monitor the installations of our E-gates. You are excused, but you must answer for this amount soon...get all paperwork ready from the company o

TheRareGem1:

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by DMerciful(m): 4:58am On Jan 17
CCB is used for political enemies.

Has Amoda declared his assets?

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by flexyrule(m): 5:06am On Jan 17
Proceedings from the CCB should be streamed LIVE!

I wonder why the government keep hiding information from her citizens.

Tunji and Beta are very close friends. It will be very difficult for him to escape this.

Except they want to drag the matter for months till Nigerians forget. That might work.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by TheRareGem1(f): 5:30am On Jan 17
epainos:
Tunji-Ojo cannot escape this. He killed himself. As long as Beta Edu is out of the way, Tunji-Ojo cannot escape it. As Sanni Shehu said, they would all get away with it if Buhari was still the president.

Just a pity that a minister who started well decided to be greedy and stupid. Lol. All politicians are thieves, but once in a while there will be "fall guys".

My plead is that Jagaban should allow him to set a good foundation his successor will follow before he kicks him out finally.

Talking trash here.

What crime did he commit?

5 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by TheRareGem1(f): 5:31am On Jan 17
Newness2019:

A MAN THAT IS BEING INVESTIGSTED FOR FRAUD NOW HAS THE PREROGATIVE OF BEING INVOLVED IN A NATIONAL ASSIGNMENT.

CCB IS A TOTAL JOKE. THEY ARE PARTIAL. OJO IS FROM THE SAME REGION WITH TINUBU.

GOD IS WATCHING YOU PEOPLE.

OJO MUST BE SUSPENDED.

HE INFLUENCED THAT CONTRACT FROM THE BEGINNING.

Why. On what basis

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Funmilayo8: 5:34am On Jan 17
Make it make sense please. No case to answer. The BTO that I know is not in anyway corrupt. He is only looking out for Nigeria and it’s citizens and una still dey vex. Na better thing they vex una for this country sha.

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Ava1705: 5:38am On Jan 17
Y'all should drink water,rest and allow the man breathe!
If he should go there and still say the truth Una go still say na lie
Nigerians,Nigeria what do you really want?

3 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Donedeal1(m): 5:52am On Jan 17
Detain them all

Suspension is not enough

Anyone who did anyhow must see anyhow.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Yheri: 5:57am On Jan 17
A man looking out for Nigeria and it’s citizens,
Now I know why Nigeria is not yet great, maybe you will take over from ccb and do the investigation
Yourself. CCB said he did shun meeting and it has been rescheduled not call off, relax and wait for the outcome

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Donedeal1(m): 6:01am On Jan 17
epainos:

No time for love, after all no man is an island. This same scenarios had always killed the political career of most youth, you have only made a name but not yet a reputation son you get greedy. If our " super cop" can not survive greed,I expected every aspiring youth to be careful with love for greed.
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by kemzy107(f): 6:06am On Jan 17
He only asked that the visit be rescheduled due to national assignments which is understandable. Thanks for clearing the air

2 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by flexybricky(m): 6:20am On Jan 17
The media keeps misleading people with unverified news. As of yesterday, the circulating news was that he shunned them. Thank you for clearing the air, and I hope Tunji-Ojo comes out stronger than before.

3 Likes

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Ogbonna24: 6:21am On Jan 17
He rescheduled his visit o, some people here ate ranting already. Ha, Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by richiemcgold: 6:25am On Jan 17
Oga is trying to put his house in order first. Every incriminating records must be checked and rechecked. Every lies must be well-rehearsed before the D-Day
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by epainos: 6:28am On Jan 17
TheRareGem1:

Talking trash here.

What crime did he commit?
You are the trash here. grin LAWMA will come pack you soon.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Judolisco(m): 6:38am On Jan 17
D minister is untouchable
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by hotseat: 6:39am On Jan 17
I'm beginning to have the notion that all the hue and cry concerning these ministers with itching fingers, would follow the familiar path.

After letting the public go hysterical for a while, the matter begins to wane, fade away and ultimately swept under the carpet.

A worst case scenario, they would simply enter into a plea bargain and the rest would become history.

If Tinubu decides to follow this same ugly path, it would be highly regrettable and unfortunate.

Tunji Ojo must clear his name!

@hotseat
Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by Laryy360: 6:40am On Jan 17
Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo will never shun anybody calls, even sure that he will be happy to answer the call because that will help in clearing all this social media madness. He has not bake any rules so why will he be afraid. He has come to serve Nigeria and he will surely do. God bless Hon Olubunmi Tunji Ojo, God bless President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and God bless Nigeria. Amen

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by epainos: 6:41am On Jan 17
Donedeal1:
No time for love, after all no man is an island. This same scenarios had always killed the political career of most youth, you have only made a name but not yet a reputation son you get greedy. If our " super cop" can not survive greed,I expected every aspiring youth to be careful with love for greed.

Me....love Tunji-Ojo? grin Wetin be mine? I want Naija to break up....I want them to make mistakes...let them loot everything so there is nothing to loot again....as in....let them take loans that will injure Nigeria so we can all agree we have to part ways.

All I just pray for is that at least, he should finish setting the path for an easy way to collect the Nigerian passport he has started. That's all. Maybe 2 months more max so he can set a solid foundation and a good pathway for his successor. I mentioned it in my post.

Japa must continue.

No one is irreplaceable.

1 Like

Re: Tunji-Ojo Didn’t Shun Our Invitation — CCB by mrblessed(m): 6:48am On Jan 17
Na Balabu right hand man. Off the mic.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victory For Democracy! - Jonathan Finally Agrees To Debate / 3 Arrested Over Patience’s Stolen Properties / The Igbos Are A Minority In Nigeria: Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.