Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,854 members, 7,817,528 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Dsp Barau Behind Apc Kano S'court Loss - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dsp Barau Behind Apc Kano S'court Loss (89 Views)

Emefiele Disobeys S'court Order, Declares Old Naira Notes As Illegal Tender / Kaduna: Jeje Riders Donates Equipments Worth Millions To Barau Dikko Teaching / Dsp Agatha Eze Emerges Catholic Queen In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dsp Barau Behind Apc Kano S'court Loss by Maidoki1: 7:56pm On Jan 17
Deputy Senate President, Senator Barau I Jibrin, Behind APC- Kano, loss at Supreme Court— Support Group.

A coalition of pro democracy and good governance support group, APC Kano Renewal Mandate, has accused the Deputy president of the Senate, Barau I Jibrin as having a hand in the recent supreme court judgement that affirmed NNPP's Abba Kabir Yusuf as governor of Kano state.

Speaking to newsmen during a press conference in Kano, Wednesday, the convener of the coalition, Hon. Ya'u Abubakar Ilu, said " the battle of supremacy, and the control of the soul of the APC in Kano has subtly been going on for sometime. DSP Barau has his sight firmly on the 2027 governorship ticket. He sees the victory of HE Nasir Yusuf Gawuna, and the APC as a threat to his 2027 ambition".
He continued, " he Senator Barau, has not hidden his ambition and disdain for the leadership of Kano APC, and even the the national Chairman, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje. His antagonism is traced to the days of the G-7, where Barau wanted to secure the APC governorship ticket by all means, but was unable to achieve that. Since then, he has been using his position and network in Abuja,in cahoot with the opposition, and some interest to truncate the chances of the APC".

In the same vein, the Secretary General, of the Coalition, Comrade Barrister Nafiu Mustapha , faulted the desperation of Sen Barau I Jibrin, to the point of backstabbing his party. He said " Sen Barau is a desperate, selfish and crafty individual whose interest always comes first in any political situation. Because of his desperation, he betrayed his benefactor, Dr Ganduje, the Kano APC and other stakeholders in the state. Few days before the ruling, Sen Barau was running from pillar to post, getting everyone that matters, within the presidency and judiciary to get a favourable judgement for the NNPP. What he has done is akin to highest political betrayal".

In a final communique, the group has resolved to make public, all the under the table schemings, the antics. The statement further says, " we shall in the coming days make public all the intrigues and deal reached by Sen Barau, with his political gang that betrayed and robbed the Kano APC of victory.
On a final note, the group has resolved to further make the deputy senate president an outcast in Kano APC, which will deny him any further chance of winning any elections,on the party's platform.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Advice, Where Can I Leave In Abuja With This Budget. / How Can I Get A Federal Government Work In Nigeria Without Connection / Daily Giveaway Corner. Givers Never Lack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.