Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji (553 Views)

Is It Recommendable And Advisable To Purchase Used Electronic Devices On Jiji / Jiji Nigeria / Which Problems Have You Faced Working With Jiji? / I Was About To Be Scammed On Jiji Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by Gooci(m): 9:27am On Jan 18
Hello guys, am not sure if this is the right place to put this kind of message, but mod can help push it to the right thread.

I believe many of us do buy things from jiji. I recently bought a used 5kva stabilizer on jiji, but I had it delivered to my Sis since I was not available at that time. It stayed there for like 1month before I was able to pick it up from there. On testing it properly, I discovered the output voltage wasn't reading, although it was working. I noticed the freezer I plugged to it was not freezing, meaning there is something wrong with the output. Maybe it was supplying enough

Here is the real gist.. I contacted the seller to inform of the issue, he formed busy for 2 days, no cogent response and after, he stopped responding. I went on his page to put a feedback, to my ultimate surprise, I didn't see any comments again, no where to write feedback. I was like is it possible to disable feedback feature

I contacted jiji via email to explain the situation, imagine I was told unfortunately the seller had disabled to feedback feature. I told them that should have never been possible as this is the first thing to warn potential buyers about any seller. I am not really bothered about the loss because na me de do strong head before, I will just go buy a new one.

Imagine how many people would fall into such trap. I am such a type that just one bad feedback is enough for me to say no to any seller.

You people should just be careful, make sure before you buy anything from any seller on jiji, check that he has feedback comments and his feedback section is active and not disabled. Fraudulent sellers are just updating their OS everytime, make unna update your security too o.

On the part of Jiji, it is a dumb thing for them to allow that kind of feature disabled.

6 Likes

Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by Onyeka90210(m): 10:30am On Jan 18
Jiji is just after money, don’t really care about buyers ,
There no other big e-commerce site that allows sellers to disable feedback , greedy lot.
You even have to pay to add a WhatsApp button on your ad.
I don’t deal with accounts with disabled feedbacks on a norms tho.

4 Likes

Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by keymatt(m): 12:58pm On Jan 18
Hmm 🤔 Nigeria crime everywhere.

1 Like

Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by noobody(m): 1:37pm On Jan 18
As long as you pay for ads on Jiji,you can misbehave

As regards the stab issue,

Take it to a Radionics

It would cost you 2k or less,

Big stabs are prone to such issues.

It won't take them 20 mins to fix.

4 Likes

Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by Gooci(m): 8:35pm On Jan 18
noobody:
As long as you pay for ads on Jiji,you can misbehave

As regards the stab issue,

Take it to a Radionics

It would cost you 2k or less,

Big stabs are prone to such issues.

It won't take them 20 mins to fix.

Thanks boss.. it frustrates me when I buy a used gadget and I have to repair anything immediately. I see it as this thing wan de consume money small small be that o. I will be buying a new firman 5kva tomorrow, make I rest my mind.
Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by Gooci(m): 8:36pm On Jan 18
Onyeka90210:
Jiji is just after money, don’t really care about buyers ,
There no other big e-commerce site that allows sellers to disable feedback , greedy lot.
You even have to pay to add a WhatsApp button on your ad.
I don’t deal with accounts with disabled feedbacks on a norms tho.

That's it o. I was shocked when jiji acknowledged he disabled the feedback feature.

1 Like

Re: New Fraudulent Tactics On Jiji by Samafroxy22(m): 11:33pm On Jan 18
sorry about that... I think there is a tuner inside stabs, where you can adjust the output or probably something is burnt... you can fix it easily...

(1) (Reply)

Iron Your Cloth With Your Tiger Generator / Portable Lenovo Notebook For Sale (join The Rush) / Hp $ Del Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.