Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi (17284 Views)

Tinubu: A Presidential Disaster Waiting To Happen? - By Farooq A. Kperogi / How To Resolve The Hijab Controversy By Farooq A. Kperogi / 4 Blood Relatives Of President Buhari Who Work In Aso Rock By Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by RECTEM: 5:03pm On Jan 20
f
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by opera1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20
Killing anyone caught is the way out.

1 Like

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Pablo47(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20
As long as there is no political will to solve this problem of kidnapping and terrorism, every other effort is useless.
All these narratives about ending the menace is just a political way to douse tension and avert protest from masses.

APC govt is not ready to end terrorism.

2 Likes

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by sacajawea: 5:17pm On Jan 20
15m dollars in Bitcoin was paid??
Somebody please clear me, 1.5M Dollars they meant, or 15M was actually paid?

1 Like

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Litmus: 5:20pm On Jan 20
Kidnaping is possibly lesser in Lagos or non-existent due to the proximity of individuals to eachother, it's face to face nature, effectively acting like a biological CCTV system. Even if you managed to secure victims unseen, you'll need to move them. You can't move far in a congested, eye-full place like lagos - hostages in tow - without being spotted, your final destination known.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by ttmax09(m): 5:21pm On Jan 20
I keep saying it and will always say it, crime is very easy to perpetrate in Nigeria simply because thier are no consequences attached to criminal act. The day we decide to get serious as a nation, crime will fizzle away.

2 Likes

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by vickthourh(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20
The real problem of this country in terms of kidnapping is the UN-EDUCATED NORTHERNERS. they just don't want to learn..
Other tribes are into it also, but for the north is a glorified job to them. they are really happy doing it, maybe cos of their religion.

The better way to reduce kidnapping is to find an alternative for them(LEGIT JOBS) those people are hardworking.

I think the Government are channeling funds for job employment into other irrelevant things..

ONLY THE GOVERNMENT can stop those people
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by musicwriter(m): 5:36pm On Jan 20
Someone should tell the author that the security agents are well aware of all the technologies to use and how to solve the problem. But kidnapping is a business and revenues are shared with so many conspirators, including your darling security people.

Recently, the security agents traced me to access bank using same geotagging tool and even planted informants around there to check when I come around and what I do. What they don't know is that I am their oga when it comes to information and intelligence gathering. They have no idea that I've already battled it out with the criminal CIA and MI16 for the past 10 years and nothing came out of it, not even a "smoking gun" to hold on to. So, their African slave agents are like someone using a bicycle to chase an F35 supersonic fighter jet. And none of them is trained for the job!! I see them all the time and I ask myself: how did this fool make it to the secret service??

What are they looking for? They are looking for a "smoking gun" to arrest me, so that I'll stop blogging on www.africason.com for the interest of their white masters and some criminal Nigerian pastors who think that I am disruptive for their business.

I've warned the bank that any day I see them again, I'll petition them for conspiracy because these agents themselves are criminals engaged in extra-official assignment. I am working on a letter to the president to let him know how corrupt the secret services.

The secret services are too corrupt. That's the problem.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Pastoshizzy(m): 5:36pm On Jan 20
Their are kidnappers in different part of the world. It's not exclusive to Nigeria alone (so stop cutting your nose to spite your face).

We need a better trained, equipped and sensitive police. Also, a society willing to assist.

It can be done if one tribe isn't always doing overtime to disrepute the other. 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by GarkiAccessory(m): 5:39pm On Jan 20
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by tete7000(m): 5:40pm On Jan 20
Racoon:
"....Abuja was intended or assumed to be a heaven of peace and an oasis of comfort for the elites.The troubles in other parts of the country have now crept in.Abuja can only be safe if the whole country is safe.

The deterioration of security in parts of Abuja is a direct result of the paralysis of the security situation in the states around Abuja.Abuja cannot be immune as long as its neighbors are infected...."

Abuja cannot be immuned as long as any part of the country is not immuned, infact, no part of the country can be immuned from insecurity as long as other parts are not secured.
When we were being taught thermodynamics those years, they taught us that a system can only be in thermal equilibrium only as long as every components of that system are in equilibrium, else there will be diffusion. Molecules from the components at higher temperature will drift into region of lower temperature until equilibrium is attained. The same principle applies to a nation if viewed as a system.

cc: nlfpmod
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by occfx: 5:42pm On Jan 20
successmatters:
Shouldn't we just blame it on Abujaipob, and walk away?

IPOB Abuja branch or Obidients
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by successmatters(m): 5:44pm On Jan 20
occfx:

IPOB Abuja branch or Obidients

Or chinaza Phillips grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by CHIOMAEZEH: 5:46pm On Jan 20
Community policing is the way forward ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGRuciW4Ag
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by israelmao(m): 5:47pm On Jan 20
The some of the finest men in security forces know what to do because they have attended security trainings and institutions abroad but some high and mighty are the ones behind kidnapping and armed banditry and again some moles have infiltrated government forces and needed to be fished out in order to maintain secrecy of intelligence gathering.

1 Like

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Princewill1(m): 5:53pm On Jan 20
Almost 80% of kidnapping incidents in Nigeria occurs on the highway.

In this thread I created I suggested using drones to combat it.

Excerpts:

"Kidnappers often use their victim's phones to make and receive calls during negotiation and they also receive ransom in cash so Pantami and those advocating for NIN to checkmate abductions are wasting their time.

The best way to combat this is for the security agencies to identify and list out kidnapping flashpoints recorded in the last one year in the country. Example; Abuja-Kaduna road, Enugu-Benue road, Lagos-Ibadan expressway etc and the portion or parts of the roads where the abductions took place.

I recommend the use of drones in combating the menace. Drones can effectively be used in surveillance, intelligence gathering and in launching strikes. The camera on drones can help in identifying enemy bases and troop movement and can strike when signalled.

There is this Iranian-made drone that has been instrumental to Russia's success in Ukraine; "Shahed-136". It's cheaper (about N20million), has long-range capability and can strike target effectively. It's loitering munitions can go upto 12hrs in identifying targets.

Acquiring few dozens of this and effectively deploying it to troubled areas will end kindnapping and banditry on the highway in matter of months 'no jokes'."

https://www.nairaland.com/7970742/how-drones-used-end-kidnapping

2 Likes

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Gandollar(f): 6:00pm On Jan 20
Litmus:
Kidnaping is possibly lesser in Lagos or non-existent due to the proximity of individuals to eachother, it's face to face nature, effectively acting like a biological CCTV system. Even if you managed to secure victims unseen, you'll need to move them. You can't move far in a congested, eye-full place like lagos - hostages in tow - without being spotted, your final destination known.
Dey play.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Gandollar(f): 6:09pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
Their are kidnappers in different part of the world. It's not exclusive to Nigeria alone (so stop cutting your nose to spite your face).

We need a better trained, equipped and sensitive police. Also, a society willing to assist.

It can be done if one tribe isn't always doing overtime to disrepute the other. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Your last paragraph is a wild goose chase. Therefore, no genuine progress anywhere.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Hassanmaye(m): 6:23pm On Jan 20
Racoon:
https://www.independent.ng/apc-brought-in-militias-from-mali-s-leone-others-to-win-2015-polls-baraje/

The monsters they created and unleashed have transformed beyond their power and they think they can be safe?
Is not everything Fulani fulani, yesterday notorious kidnapper amaka was caught by fct police did you Accused Amaka of the south East for kidnapping??
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Ekaka14: 6:28pm On Jan 20
Litmus:
I still maintain that CCTV network implementation is best. The writer mentions "low fruits"; well, you'll be hard-pressed finding a more effective lower hanging fruit than CCTV systems with associated ecosystem. CCTV and Monitoring centers are bog standard basic although expensive. kidnaping organisations will simply abandon high level banking if pushed. A system that tracks movement live, kidnapers will find difficult to evade.
Litmus, I agree with you but there are other aspects that has been serially discussed with respect to curbing crimes...onenof which is the clear lack of will power to prosecute those who have been apprehended to the later ...and use the information gathered overtime to minimize or eliminate these crimes.
The judgements for the likes of Evans and several other high profile kidnappers not to talk of assasins are either pending or left to naturally die off...
Suspects in murders of Bola Ige, Dr Akunyuli...and many more were appended but till date you don't hear NOTHING about them once it goes beyond 3 months ...I just tire for that country abeg

1 Like

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Krak(m): 6:29pm On Jan 20
Princewill1:
Almost 80% of kidnapping incidents in Nigeria occurs on the highway.

In this thread I created I suggested using drones to combat it.

Excerpts:

"Kidnappers often use their victim's phones to make and receive calls during negotiation and they also receive ransom in cash so Pantami and those advocating for NIN to checkmate abductions are wasting their time.

The best way to combat this is for the security agencies to identify and list out kidnapping flashpoints recorded in the last one year in the country. Example; Abuja-Kaduna road, Enugu-Benue road, Lagos-Ibadan expressway etc and the portion or parts of the roads where the abductions took place.

I recommend the use of drones in combating the menace. Drones can effectively be used in surveillance, intelligence gathering and in launching strikes. The camera on drones can help in identifying enemy bases and troop movement and can strike when signalled.

There is this Iranian-made drone that has been instrumental to Russia's success in Ukraine; "Shahed-136". It's cheaper (about N20million), has long-range capability and can strike target effectively. It's loitering munitions can go upto 12hrs in identifying targets.

Acquiring few dozens of this and effectively deploying it to troubled areas will end kindnapping and banditry on the highway in matter of months 'no jokes'."

https://www.nairaland.com/7970742/how-drones-used-end-kidnapping

Shaheed drone is a suicide drone, not a surveilance or attack drone. It goes only on a one-way journey to bomb and never to come back. It is the modern day drone version of the Kamikazes of Japan.

Apart from that you have very excellent points which i agree with and we can get very excellent surveillance and attack drones, backed up by effective strategy to combat this cancerous tumour of kidnapping.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Yestogood: 6:59pm On Jan 20
kernniejay:
Unfortunately, the merceneries that were imported from Niger republic and Chad by that sickler and his facilitators, to make dog and baboon soak in blood have now gone beyond their control.

Criminal elements exist in every slum, every middle income community and even every highbrow enclave. To assume that no homegrown hoodlums are involved in the free for all is unrealistic. The country is in dire financial straits. Many bandwagon hoppers are in on it. Not only the fulani herdsmen and their cousins.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Pastoshizzy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 20
Gandollar:
Your last paragraph is a wild goose chase. Therefore, no genuine progress anywhere.
A wild goose chase? (nobody ever used that idiom for yours truly.. EVER)
There must be geese all over Nairaland though (lol). Ain't chasing nothing, it's either you see it (as it is) or you can't. Ain't nobody chasing wild geese 🤷🏾‍♂️
I just had a phone call with 'genuine progress'. I'm all smiles.

Just let me be, okay!
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by zedegit: 7:15pm On Jan 20
Dem tell you say dem wan stop am before?

1 Like

Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by joseph1832(m): 7:22pm On Jan 20
musicwriter:
Someone should tell the author that the security agents are well aware of all the technologies to use and how to solve the problem. But kidnapping is a business and revenues are shared with so many conspirators, including your darling security people.

Recently, the security agents traced me to access bank using same geotagging tool and even planted informants around there to check when I come around and what I do. What they don't know is that I am their oga when it comes to information and intelligence gathering. They have no idea that I've already battled it out with the criminal CIA and MI16 for the past 10 years and nothing came out of it, not even a "smoking gun" to hold on to. So, their African slave agents are like someone using a bicycle to chase an F35 supersonic fighter jet. And none of them is trained for the job!! I see them all the time and I ask myself: how did this fool make it to the secret service??

What are they looking for? They are looking for a "smoking gun" to arrest me, so that I'll stop blogging on www.africason.com for the interest of their white masters and some criminal Nigerian pastors who think that I am disruptive for their business.

I've warned the bank that any day I see them again, I'll petition them for conspiracy because these agents themselves are criminals engaged in extra-official assignment. I am working on a letter to the president to let him know how corrupt the secret services.

The secret services are too corrupt. That's the problem.
Hmm. Your tales about being chased by foreign security agency sounds too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, I know the white man can't be trusted the way a man who sell fake spare parts in Alaba International can't be trusted, but, I just feel why would the CIA and MI6 come after you when you're not a terrorist or even a security threat to them?
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Gandollar(f): 7:22pm On Jan 20
Pastoshizzy:
A wild goose chase? (nobody ever used that idiom for yours truly.. EVER)
There must be geese all over Nairaland though (lol). Ain't chasing nothing, it's either you see it (as it is) or you can't. Ain't nobody chasing wild geese 🤷🏾‍♂️
I just had a phone call with 'genuine progress'. I'm all smiles.

Just let me be, okay!
Wahala... So long.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by Kc3000: 7:36pm On Jan 20
Abuja and all neighboring states are now safe. The police has apprehended THE "Chinaza Phillips" with his two pistols.
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by NaijaCrusader: 7:44pm On Jan 20
Ransom payment must be stopped at all cost simple!

I have said it in a number of my contributions here on NL that unless the FG is able to dissuade and prosecute people from paying ransom this epidemic will continue in this country. If I or my loved ones are kidnapped truth is I will want the ransom to be paid so that I or my loved ones can be freed. But in reality any serious government should make sure that ransom payments are made to be near impossible. In the 80s and 90s a lot of terrorists where targeting American citizens because they used to pay huge ransom including those in Somalia and Libya but the American government realized that paying ransom to these criminals only encouraged more criminals to get into the trade and thereby meant that more Americans were kidnapped and the kidnappers bought more sophisticated weapons and got even deadlier and Moore brazen and demanded more so the American government instituted a policy that they don't pay ransom to anybody especially terrorists groups. So now when you kidnapped an American citizen the American government will do all within their powers to rescue their citizen like they did in Nigeria during the Trump era particularly where they can trace the kidnappers but if they can trace the kidnappers like they don't in a lot of cases then the victim is gone. As bad as it may sound for the victim being gone this policy led to less incentive for more people to join the kidnapping trade and also those that where involved in it where run out of business because truth be told no body or very few sick people get into the business of killing people where there is no financial gain to be made. Today we hardly hear of anyone kidnapping an American citizen anywhere in the world because even if you kidnap an American citizen now you will want to negotiate with the family on a very low key so as not to found out but rather what we have here is kidnappers advertising their atrocities with impunity and our government officials are busy negotiating and paying ransom to criminals
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by musicwriter(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20
joseph1832:
Hmm. Your tales about being chased by foreign security agency sounds too good to be true. Don't get me wrong, I know the white man can't be trusted the way a man who sell fake spare parts in Alaba International can't be trusted, but, I just feel why would the CIA and MI6 come after you when you're not a terrorist or even a security threat to them?

That's because like most of us, you don't know how the world works.

To them, a threat doesn't necessarily mean a literal terrorist but anybody knowledge enough to question Western world domination or and how we can be truly independent as a third world country. I mean, things like how to speak, write and master our native languages, learn and master science using our native languages, build technology using self inspired knowledge and not what they teach us, build a powerful black civilization that could rival them, etc. They don't like that type of people. To them, you're supposed to assume that this is the way the world is meant to be and work.

A political activist could be a terrorist. An author could be a terrorist, etc.

If you need more information, go to www.africason.com and read the article that says "how the CIA and MI16 lure innocent people to commit terrorism"
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by berrystunn(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20
A result of a weak President, if you know you know.

Stop APC before they kill Nigeria.
If you don't stop APC, APC will kill Nigeria
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by UrgentNeeds(m): 7:51pm On Jan 20
Bottom Line:

Let's Fight Kidnapping In Nigeria Together By Contributing Our Suggestions To This Thread Link Below:

https://www.nairaland.com/7975754/pac-urgent-societal-solutions-combating
Re: How to Stop the Kidnapping Epidemic in Nigeria By Farooq A. Kperogi by joseph1832(m): 7:56pm On Jan 20
musicwriter:

That's because like most of us, you don't know how the world works.

To them, a threat doesn't necessarily mean a literal terrorist but anybody knowledge enough to question Western world domination or and how we can be truly independent as a third world country. I mean, things like how to speak, write and master our native languages, learn and master science using our native languages, build technology using self inspired knowledge and not what they teach us, build a powerful black civilization that could rival them, etc. They don't like that type of people. To them, you're supposed to assume that this is the way the world is meant to be and work.

A political activist could be a terrorist. An author could be a terrorist, etc.

If you need more information, go to www.africason.com and read the article that says "how the CIA and MI16 lure innocent people to commit terrorism"
I get you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gombe Under Boko Haram Attack / Photos From Workers' Day Celebration In Lagos / Gusau-Zaria Road Blocked As Thousands Protest Killings In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.