Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform (1676 Views)

Nigerians In Diaspora Can Now Apply For Passport Online From Their Homes / DSS Manhunt: Igboho Trying To Get New Passport, Flee Nigeria - FG / Fulani Herdsmen Inscription On Nigeria New Passport. Apostle Suleman Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 5:23am On Jan 19
Hello guys,

So after the widely publicised news about the launch of the "effective and mind blowing" new online platform for passport application, I decided for a first time to try a Nigerian government online platform.

On the 9th of January, I decided to apply for my passport renewal on the platform. Everything went nicely and payment was seamless. The problem began when I wanted to book appointment. On booking appointment, a popup that shows "invalid date" keep popping up. For 2 days, no solution to this issue. So I had to visit the passport office in Ikorodu and later Ikoyi branch. Turned out that it was a general problem and the crowd at Ikoyi for the same problem is another story for another day

4 days later, I was later able to book appointment. On the day of appointment, I arrived to meet lots of people already waiting. Now this is the observation:

1. The people that applied on the old online passport platform had no issue and went ahead with capturing (yes, we already had a former online platform for application that would eventually turn out to be more efficient than this new platform based on experience, but was phased out by Tunji Ojo on launch of the new one).

2. The immigration officers acted as if they are angry with people for applying online. They would be like "Baba, no disturb us, shey u applied online, go back online, online will attend to you". One blatantly told me that my paid money is gone and free gift to government. That I will eventually apply physically when I am tired. Meanwhile they are charging 55,000 naira for 32 pages passport (something that is 35,000 naira online) while someone I met said he paid as high as 105,000 for 10 years 64 pages passport (unverified information as he didn't show me evidence. My best friend applied for 80,000 naira for his and turned out to 32 pages though).

3. The people that applied physically or through agents had no issue with capturing

4. Then everybody that applied from the day the new platform was launched could not capture. We were told that our application was not found. Apparently it have not been approved. Unlike the former online application platform that does instant approval after payment approval, the new one need to be approved by the Minister's office which I know is a clumsy excuse. So we ended up going back while some officers were charging 5,000 naira with promise to help find solution.

Now my question is, why phase out the old platform that was effective to start a new one that is as ineffective as physical application if not worse. Brothers and sisters, 10 days after application, I am yet to my application approved, same as other people I got their contacts. No solution in sight and no updates and the contacts for immigration office never connects. Best it would do is ring and noone picks.

No defamation to Tunji Ojo but on this new online application, it was just unnecessary, and just another means to corner funds. Just like a governor starting new projects and leaving that of the predecessors. Why didn't he even bother to upgrade the old platform if it was as effective as needed?

Before you start abusing me, the new platform is passport[dot]immigration[dot]com[dot]Ng while the old one was passportintl[dot]immigration[dot]com[dot]ng and have the apply/signup button now hidden

It's well. So I only have to wait endlessly or go back to the office and pay new money for a new renewal application. But the issue is that double applications won't work since the passport is linked to one NIN and passport number.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by dawnomike(m): 5:59am On Jan 19
Vmoukam:
Hello guys,

So after the widely publicised news about the launch of the "effective and mind blowing" new online platform for passport application, I decided for a first time to try a Nigerian government online platform.

On the 9th of January, I decided to apply for my passport renewal on the platform. Everything went nicely and payment was seamless. The problem began when I wanted to book appointment. On booking appointment, a popup that shows "invalid date" keep popping up. For 2 days, no solution to this issue. So I had to visit the passport office in Ikorodu and later Ikoyi branch. Turned out that it was a general problem and the crowd at Ikoyi for the same problem is another story for another day

4 days later, I was later able to book appointment. On the day of appointment, I arrived to meet lots of people already waiting. Now this is the observation:

1. The people that applied on the old online passport platform had no issue and went ahead with capturing (yes, we already had a former online platform for application that would eventually turn out to be more efficient than this new platform based on experience, but was phased out by Tunji Ojo on launch of the new one).

2. The immigration officers acted as if they are angry with people for applying online. They would be like "Baba, no disturb us, shey u applied online, go back online, online will attend to you". One blatantly told me that my paid money is gone and free gift to government. That I will eventually apply physically when I am tired. Meanwhile they are charging 55,000 naira for 32 pages passport (something that is 35,000 naira online) while someone I met said he paid as high as 105,000 for 10 years 64 pages passport (unverified information as he didn't show me evidence. My best friend applied for 80,000 naira for his and turned out to 32 pages though).

3. The people that applied physically or through agents had no issue with capturing

4. Then everybody that applied from the day the new platform was launched could not capture. We were told that our application was not found. Apparently it have not been approved. Unlike the former online application platform that does instant approval after payment approval, the new one need to be approved by the Minister's office which I know is a clumsy excuse. So we ended up going back while some officers were charging 5,000 naira with promise to help find solution.

Now my question is, why phase out the old platform that was effective to start a new one that is as ineffective as physical application if not worse. Brothers and sisters, 10 days after application, I am yet to my application approved, same as other people I got their contacts. No solution in sight and no updates and the contacts for immigration office never connects. Best it would do is ring and noone picks.

No defamation to Tunji Ojo but on this new online application, it was just unnecessary, and just another means to corner funds. Just like a governor starting new projects and leaving that of the predecessors. Why didn't he even bother to upgrade the old platform if it was as effective as needed?

Before you start abusing me, the new platform is passport[dot]immigration[dot]com[dot]Ng while the old one was passportintl[dot]immigration[dot]com[dot]ng and have the apply/signup button now hidden

It's well. So I only have to wait endlessly or go back to the office and pay new money for a new renewal application. But the issue is that double applications won't work since the passport is linked to one NIN and passport number.

Thanks for giving this review.... I believe it will save so many people from loads of stress.
I pray and hope you get a resolution to yours soon.

6 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by LEARNPYTHON(m): 6:06am On Jan 19
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by oz4real83(m): 6:28am On Jan 19
In my own case, I have been trying to upload my mum's passport now for many days without success embarassed, She has very low-cut hair but the system will keep saying that *hair should be packed backwards" even when her hair is already very low shocked

1 Like

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 6:36am On Jan 19
oz4real83:
In my own case, I have been trying to upload my mum's passport now for many days without success embarassed, She has very low-cut hair but the system will keep saying that *hair should be packed backwards" even when her hair is already very low shocked

This one loud. I will advice you abort the mission and go to a physical passport office and do it. Unless you want stories. I was told that if there is an error on your application, it can't be changed and if your document have issues, the application can't be approved. And once not approved, your money can't be refunded back neither can you use it for another application

3 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Okoroawusa: 6:37am On Jan 19
The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians

7 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 6:39am On Jan 19
Mods or mod, move to FrontPage so we can get unbiased reviews from people that experienced this issues. If this gets to the right authorities, they might offer solution. Because I believe even the government officials have accounts here on nairaland with hidden identify
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by oz4real83(m): 6:40am On Jan 19
Vmoukam:

This one loud. I will advice you abort the mission and go to a physical passport office and do it. Unless you want stories. I was told that if there is an error on your application, it can't be changed and if your document have issues, the application can't be approved. And once not approved, your money can't be refunded back neither can you use it for another application
Thanks, i was thinking along the same line. This country makes anti-corruption laws but will create loopholes for corruption to continue to grow embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 6:42am On Jan 19
dawnomike:
Thanks for giving this review.... I believe it will save so many people from loads of stress.
I pray and hope you get a resolution to yours soon.

Sure it would. If I saw a review like this before applying, I would have saved my money for better things. Is not as if I am japaing anytime soon but just wanted to secure it.

1 Like

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by ironheart(m): 6:47am On Jan 19
Lets wait for others to write a review as well
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Musty112: 6:57am On Jan 19
Timely attention to glitches and inadequacies is essential for websites such as this. People that are already sad that you are taking away their ability to fleece people will take an endless advantage of the situation.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Cassandraloius: 7:24am On Jan 19
So I guess that the physical application is better, but you will spend more money.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by GoodStrongDick: 7:32am On Jan 19
Nigeria is not yet a country. It is far from being called a country. Until Tinubu steps down and a more competent leader takes over , Nigeria remains a joke! Of course by a more competent leader you already know who I'm talking about.

2 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Seefinish: 8:18am On Jan 19
I won't even bother myself to apply online. I will just walk into their office, pay what they say I should pay, do the needful and leave.
As long as there is corruption in the system, going online is a waste of time, energy and resources.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 8:38am On Jan 19
Musty112:
Timely attention to glitches and inadequacies is essential for websites such as this. People that are already sad that you are taking away their ability to fleece people will take an endless advantage of the situation.

Corruption will always fight back anyways. There will be an intentional sabotage of the process. But for now, the problem is not from the aggrieved personnels, but from the system itself. Like someone above mentioned, before launching a project of this magnitude, it should have gone through deep testing and feasibility studies carried out. If they mention the amount budgeted for the website alone, you might be shocked.

Again, the way it was built, the staffs in charge of approval can not approve applications like they do before according to what one of the officers said. I don't know how that works. But then, Nigeria is good at giving excuses and dodging blames

1 Like

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 8:43am On Jan 19
GoodStrongDick:
Nigeria is not yet a country. It is far from being called a country. Until Tinubu steps down and a more competent leader takes over , Nigeria remains a joke! Of course by a more competent leader you already know who I'm talking about.

Let get real, Tinubu is the president no matter how we feel about it. And he will rule his 4 years unless God says otherwise. But until then, he remains the president of Nigeria. The best we can do is support the government in any way we can (if we can anyway). I will always laud good efforts he makes and condemn the bad ones he does.

For now, I am not discussing Tinubu or anybody but my experience at the Passport office

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by toluolorun: 11:11pm On Jan 24
Vmoukam:
Hello guys,

Have you been able to capture? The same thing happened to me when I went to capture on Monday, even though I applied through an agent. Till date the issue is yet to be resolved.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by abhosts(m): 12:15am On Jan 25
I think the new minister is a typical example of i-too-know and oversabi. The old system just needed a few tweaks like opening more biometric capture outlets in major cities to decongest existing ones, and making passport booklets available in massive quantities. The guy is doing a very shoddy job while the corrupt Press keeps hyping him.

1 Like

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Praxis758: 1:20am On Jan 25
No matter how good a policy design is, our people will find a way to sabotage it.

Won’t be surprised if the immigration officers create a clog to render this new move ineffective.

Contactless application = starving the officers of Egunje.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by tsdarkside(m): 3:46am On Jan 25
Vmoukam:

this online passport bruhahas is nothing new....

they already tried something like this back then when jonathan was president....it was a desaster....

its the same thing like wike askin for technology to find kidnappers....
when you are already stvpid,technology cant change anything....
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by ObiPandora: 4:16am On Jan 25
Yet people like you want beta Nigeria but because the minister is not from your hate filled tribe you are condemning an approach that should have been in place over 10 years ago.

So we should stick to the archaic way of going to the passport office n wait endlessly to bribe officials ?

All the reforms the man brought about is it about your so called I too know as well. Simce1999which minister as done a single half a sensible as this minister for your to start running him down.

Maybe bigotry that ruined Kanu Ojukwu not be you end out of endemic hate for the superior Yorubas.

abhosts:
I think the new minister is a typical example of i-too-know and oversabi. The old system just needed a few tweaks like opening more biometric capture outlets in major cities to decongest existing ones, and making passport booklets available in massive quantities. The guy is doing a very shoddy job while the corrupt Press keeps hyping him.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by SpatialKing(m): 5:56am On Jan 25
Exactly

What I have been saying

The minister didn't solve the problem

Except you do the capturing online or
You do strictly by appointment
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 9:19am On Jan 25
ObiPandora:
Yet people like you want beta Nigeria but because the minister is not from your hate filled tribe you are condemning an approach that should have been in place over 10 years ago.

So we should stick to the archaic way of going to the passport office n wait endlessly to bribe officials ?

All the reforms the man brought about is it about your so called I too know as well. Simce1999which minister as done a single half a sensible as this minister for your to start running him down.

Maybe bigotry that ruined Kanu Ojukwu not be you end out of endemic hate for the superior Yorubas.

People like you are the problems of Nigeria. How did you change this thread to a tribalist one? You are beyond redemption. So if someone sees something the government is doing that is not good, once he speaks out, he is now against your tribe? You even roped the Igbos into it, how? God save you bro. I hope with this whole asslicking, you are being paid.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Vmoukam: 9:27am On Jan 25
I was able to do my capturing after visiting for the third time. The capturing was smooth and fast as I went for renewal. Once the setbacks are removed, the system will function well.

From my discovery, most of the delays were intentionally done by the officers. If you did physical registration, you have higher attention than online registration. I was there by 7:30 and captured by 4:00pm; and that's after the general boss came and saw my face along few others that did online and was like "I have seen these faces since morning". Out of anger, he took us directly into the capturing room and asked for our files. My file was just sitting there with vetted written on top. But anyway, thank God for everything.

The passport would be ready for collection in 3 weeks time.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by nOgOoDmAn1593(f): 10:38am On Jan 25
I swear they really do but you no fit name them
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by seborrhic: 10:55am On Jan 25
Vmoukam:
Hello guys,

No o,Ojo is the best performing minister and it's those that are frustrated that he has blocked avenue for their corrupt practice that are complaining about the new passport process and want him out-according to word on the street.
I will always say it and insist,any person in Nigeria that has a fraudulent past or issue(Ojo has them in his days as nass member) cannot come and run a corrupt free process or if he/she has intention to improve a process,it can only be because it would benefit him/her or cronies financially.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Pythagoras001: 11:12am On Jan 25
The appointment system should be reformed i.e. you get a time slot and the name and officer to attend to you and possible electronic queue system at their offices. The problem would be resolved when the process is fully automated
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Throwback: 11:33am On Jan 25
Thanks for the candid assessment.

I believe the Minister need not rest on his oars to make the online portal more effective.

Most importantly, get rid of as many old guards that will never want positive change to erode their corrupt enrichment.

Many immigration officers will never want that Minister to succeed.

6 Likes

Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by lionshare: 11:48am On Jan 25
Vmoukam:
I was able to do my capturing after visiting for the third time. The capturing was smooth and fast as I went for renewal. Once the setbacks are removed, the system will function well.

From my discovery, most of the delays were intentionally done by the officers. If you did physical registration, you have higher attention than online registration. I was there by 7:30 and captured by 4:00pm; and that's after the general boss came and saw my face along few others that did online and was like "I have seen these faces since morning". Out of anger, he took us directly into the capturing room and asked for our files. My file was just sitting there with vetted written on top. But anyway, thank God for everything.

The passport would be ready for collection in 3 weeks time.
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Beautifulday: 11:55am On Jan 25
The new minister don chop the money wey dey him mind to chop. Old site dey work well, you go do new one.

What for?
Re: Firsthand Review And Experience Of The New Passport Online Application Platform by Sctests: 12:06pm On Jan 25
Most Nigerian in government offices are criminals.

In advanced countries, they brainstorm everyday on how to make a difficult situation easy and simplified. Conversely, an average Nigerian brainstorm and work tirelessly on how to make that easy procedure more difficult for Nigerians.

It is humans in flesh and blood living in Nigeria that are the cause of the underdevelopment of Nigeria. Not white or colonialists.

The reason a typical Nigeria will destroy or manipulate a seamless system, is to make it harder for you so that you can come to him for help and then part with your money. Criminals, all of you in that country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Your Advice For The Next President Of Nigeria? / Bauchi Deputy Governor Impeached - While Meeting Yar’adua / How real is this?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.