Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos (36370 Views)

Petroleum Commission To Relocate Key Departments To Lagos / 2023 Presidency: Northern Elders Reject Power Shift To South (Video) / Edo: Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Barcalee: 12:40am On Jan 20
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.
Don't be a miscreant and support the bad handiwork of Tinubu and then start counting your chickens before they hatch. It will shock you.
The North will fight back. I know them well enough.
They will dump APC and jump into NNPP enmasse in the North knowing LP and PDP with still erode APC in the south.
No region can win election on its own.
Two region need to support each other to win election. Tinubu APC cannot woo the SE to get their vote, he can only try to woo the north like he did in 2023. But if the north deny him the support, Otilor.

I quite agree with you,but the Tinubu I know and we know is a master strategist he doesn't think after making a move he thinks far off before making his move. Let's just sit back,relax and watch as the drama unfolds.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Platodeen87: 6:23am On Jan 20
If this is happening, i am thinking that the CBN could have been a part of the 'Northerner' business venture, all this while...

May God safe us
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Gaabasky: 7:40am On Jan 20
MrEverest:
Lol, who are these ones? FAAN has been relocated to Lagos along with CBN and others are going to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos too. Tinubu has returned the capital to Lagos and there is nothing the north can do about it.

Firstly, he removed Fulanis and other northerners in crucial positions like Customs, CBN and NNPC and replaced them with Yorubas. What did you people do aside to make noise? Now he has technically moved the capital back to Lagos, it’s only noise you will make too.

Meanwhile, if you guys think you will remove him through the ballot, then you’re out of your mind. Tinubu will remove Mahmoud and replace him with a Yoruba omoluabi who will ensure he wins the election by all means necessary, even if it means grabbing and running with it. By the time Tinubu is done with you guys, you won’t even have mouth to talk again.

By your fruit we shall know u. This Anti Tinubu guy with your kindergarten tactics to cause unnecessary strain between North n SW is not possible. Kole work

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by kayusely70(m): 7:54am On Jan 20
allanphash7:
Unna no well

I swear Nepotism has killed our country
Nigeria isn't yet a nation but a country!
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by CharleyBright(m): 10:52am On Jan 20
asobo1:
What did Buhari achieve with northern votes prior to 2015 elections

Seems you are not intelligent enough to comprehend my point.
Did I say no region can win election alone?
If Buhari tried to win election with northern votes and fail, didn't he win when he aligned with Tinubu (west)
So why are you asking me silly question?

If the North deny Tinubu their votes in 2027, and Tinubu can't get Eastem/South South votes, it will imply that the North, the West, the South East and South South will be going into the elections solo. And hence, it will be difficult for Tinubu to win it.
And don't forget the constitution requires 25% in 2/3 of the states.
All the North need to do is to ensure that Tinubu doesn't get 25 percent in the north. And if that happens.., Otilor.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by CharleyBright(m): 11:06am On Jan 20
Barcalee:

I quite agree with you,but the Tinubu I know and we know is a master strategist he doesn't think after making a move he thinks far off before making his move. Let's just sit back,relax and watch as the drama unfolds.

Tinubu is a strategist no doubt, but he won't be going to the North to vote himself or will he muscle the North to vote him.
The constitution says 25% in 2/3 of states in the country.
The North always have a voting pattern. If they decide to vote against Tinubu in 2027 and prevent him from getting 25% in the North, how will Tinubu strategy help him there?

This is Nigerian politics, there are things u don't joke with.
Let me give u a simple example.
In 2015, Tinubu helped Buhari with Western votes to be president.
But after winning, Buhari turned against Tinubu and abandoned him. In 2019 Buhari had to try woo Tinubu again because he knew he won't win without Tinubu and Western votes. Tinubu was stupid enough to accept and try to help him the 2nd time, and Buhari won.
In 2023, Buhari didn't want Tinubu to be president. Don't let anybody tell you he supported Tinubu, he didn't. Buhari was the person behind Ahmed Lawan. Buhari is a selfish fool who doesn't understand anything or the fact that his action against Tinubu would jeopardize any future alliance of the North with the western Nigeria.
It was El- Rufai, Ganduje and some other reasonable northern politicians that saw the implications of Buhari action that they decided to stop it from happening by publicly supporting Tinubu and galvanizing northern support for Tinubu to safeguard the interest of the north in future elections.
You think they don't know that no region can win election by itself? They know.

So in summary, like I said, if Tinubu goes against the north and the north decides to withdraw their support and votes from him, Tinubu is a goner in 2027.
That's a fact, and you can take it to the bank.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by IJEYdiamond(f): 1:45pm On Jan 20
MrEverest:
Lol, who are these ones? FAAN has been relocated to Lagos along with CBN and others are going to be relocated from Abuja to Lagos too. Tinubu has returned the capital to Lagos and there is nothing the north can do about it.

Firstly, he removed Fulanis and other northerners in crucial positions like Customs, CBN and NNPC and replaced them with Yorubas. What did you people do aside to make noise? Now he has technically moved the capital back to Lagos, it’s only noise you will make too.

Meanwhile, if you guys think you will remove him through the ballot, then you’re out of your mind. Tinubu will remove Mahmoud and replace him with a Yoruba omoluabi who will ensure he wins the election by all means necessary, even if it means grabbing and running with it. By the time Tinubu is done with you guys, you won’t even have mouth to talk again.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.... i don laugh tieya ooo... the kidnapping in the north... inko??.... Balablue not doing any relocation ni?😁

1 Like

Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by harmargedon: 4:49pm On Jan 20
CharleyBright:

Hmmm.
Don't be a miscreant and support the bad handiwork of Tinubu and then start counting your chickens before they hatch. It will shock you.
The North will fight back. I know them well enough.
They will dump APC and jump into NNPP enmasse in the North knowing LP and PDP with still erode APC in the south.
No region can win election on its own.
Two region need to support each other to win election. Tinubu APC cannot woo the SE to get their vote, he can only try to woo the north like he did in 2023. But if the north deny him the support, Otilor.
stop being an ass, the North took everything from the south and relocated it to the north. I love the fact the Tinubu is bringing them back to the south. Imagine taking naval head to the north that doesn't have water.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Cruzmaster: 6:28pm On Jan 20
Angelfrost:

Tinubu has already won 2027...!

Know this, and have peace!!!

Nigeria is Lagos, and Lagos is Nigeria! cool

And he couldn't win Lagos during the last election. Just pray that AtikuObi will not come to reality.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by CharleyBright(m): 9:30pm On Jan 20
harmargedon:
stop being an ass, the North took everything from the south and relocated it to the north. I love the fact the Tinubu is bringing them back to the south. Imagine taking naval head to the north that doesn't have water.

This is the problem I usually have with a faceless forum like Nairaland.
Can you possibly call your father an ass?
Yes or NO.

If you can not call your father an ass, show some respect to someone who might probably be old enough to be your father.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by walefresh3(m): 2:02am On Jan 21
lilytender:

You should be talking about 2031. As for 2027, we the have already grabbed, snatched, and run away with it.

We will soon sponsor some developers and middle belters to start massive protests against Mahmoud Yakubu. It's going to be unstopped continuous protests. I hope you remember that we are the Chief organizers of protests.

When the protests continue for long, then, we will remove Yakubu, and replace him with one of our boys, that is one of Tinubu's secret boys
akpu eaters playing lost game ... We Sabi una
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by aribisala0(m): 2:08am On Jan 21
CharleyBright:

Seems you are not intelligent enough to comprehend my point.
Did I say no region can win election alone?
If Buhari tried to win election with northern votes and fail, didn't he win when he aligned with Tinubu (west)
So why are you asking me silly question?

If the North deny Tinubu their votes in 2027, and Tinubu can't get Eastem/South South votes, it will imply that the North, the West, the South East and South South will be going into the elections solo. And hence, it will be difficult for Tinubu to win it.
And don't forget the constitution requires 25% in 2/3 of the states.
All the North need to do is to ensure that Tinubu doesn't get 25 percent in the north. And if that happens.., Otilor.

The North The North The North
Since Nigeria started Presidential elections the North has never ever voted as a block

Just like the south
So what is this infatile Obsession with an imaginary North ?
There is Nothing like that
Kwara ,Kogi,Benue,Taraba,Nasarawa,Plateau are not part of any So called The North
The North that you are parroting.
Is it Plateau and Venues that are being slaughtered left and right that will come along with this The North The North ? Or Kwara?
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by walefresh3(m): 2:25am On Jan 21
BondRiv:

If you want to play these stupid games, you will win stupid prizes because when he leaves, the next occupant of that seat will do the same thing. Don't start what you can't finish.
the guy s an akpu eater... We Sabi them .. they are the one pushing for such news 8n other to demarket and spite tinubu against the North... Dem full here with different Monical
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by CharleyBright(m): 6:57am On Jan 21
aribisala0:

The North The North The North
Since Nigeria started Presidential elections the North has never ever voted as a block

Just like the south
So what is this infatile Obsession with an imaginary North ?
There is Nothing like that
Kwara ,Kogi,Benue,Taraba,Nasarawa,Plateau are not part of any So called The North
The North that you are parroting.
Is it Plateau and Venues that are being slaughtered left and right that will come along with this The North The North ? Or Kwara?

Some of you Yotubas don't ever want to hear that Tinubu chances is jeopardized. You feel threatened by the thought of it. But you hypocritically support every damn stupid thing Tinubu does as correct.
The Hausa/Fulani did this same foolery for 8yrs, and now you people are doing same.
I guess the Ibos would also do same if Peter Obi was the president.
You guys are supporting Tinubu moving National HQs to Lagos. Let him move the Federal Capital to Bourdillon nah make we all rest, so you all will support him like Hausa/fulanis supported buhari for all he did.
The main problem of Nigeria are the 3 Major Tribes - Hausa/Fulani, Yorubas and the Ibos.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by aribisala0(m): 9:21am On Jan 21
CharleyBright:

Some of you Yotubas don't ever want to hear that Tinubu chances is jeopardized. You feel threatened by the thought of it. But you hypocritically support every damn stupid thing Tinubu does as correct.
The Hausa/Fulani did this same foolery for 8yrs, and now you people are doing same.
I guess the Ibos would also do same if Peter Obi was the president.
You guys are supporting Tinubu moving National HQs to Lagos. Let him move the Federal Capital to Bourdillon nah make we all rest, so you all will support him like Hausa/fulanis supported buhari for all he did.
The main problem of Nigeria are the 3 Major Tribes - Hausa/Fulani, Yorubas and the Ibos.

I deal with reality
There is nothing. Like The North
Since presidential election started in 1979
The North has never voted with one voice
Never
Not for Shagari, Not for Abiola not for Buhari
Even in this 2023 election
Atiku won Adamawa,Gombe,Bauchi,Yobe,Sokoto,Katsina,Kaduna,Kebbi,Taraba and Niger states KwanKwanso won Kano

So don't try to pretend Fulani made him President

Benue ,Kwara ,Kogi,Plateau,Nasarawa will not vote same as Bauchi or Katsina

So if you are trying to do any analysis let it be based on reality not hatred for Tinubu or Yoruba which runs deep in your blood .
Tinubu has Four years to turn the country around that is what will determine his chances in 2027 it be decides to run not any imaginary North

The North may have more states but cannot determine president alone so stop this fiction about an omnipotent North
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by harmargedon: 7:18am On Jan 25
CharleyBright:

Yes or NO.

If you can not call your father an ass, show some respect to someone who might probably be old enough to be your father.
grin grin grin grin I'm old enough to be yours.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by Barcalee: 5:33pm On Jan 30
CharleyBright:

Tinubu is a strategist no doubt, but he won't be going to the North to vote himself or will he muscle the North to vote him.
The constitution says 25% in 2/3 of states in the country.
The North always have a voting pattern. If they decide to vote against Tinubu in 2027 and prevent him from getting 25% in the North, how will Tinubu strategy help him there?

I think I agree with you

This is Nigerian politics, there are things u don't joke with.
Let me give u a simple example.
In 2015, Tinubu helped Buhari with Western votes to be president.
But after winning, Buhari turned against Tinubu and abandoned him. In 2019 Buhari had to try woo Tinubu again because he knew he won't win without Tinubu and Western votes. Tinubu was stupid enough to accept and try to help him the 2nd time, and Buhari won.
In 2023, Buhari didn't want Tinubu to be president. Don't let anybody tell you he supported Tinubu, he didn't. Buhari was the person behind Ahmed Lawan. Buhari is a selfish fool who doesn't understand anything or the fact that his action against Tinubu would jeopardize any future alliance of the North with the western Nigeria.
It was El- Rufai, Ganduje and some other reasonable northern politicians that saw the implications of Buhari action that they decided to stop it from happening by publicly supporting Tinubu and galvanizing northern support for Tinubu to safeguard the interest of the north in future elections.
You think they don't know that no region can win election by itself? They know.

So in summary, like I said, if Tinubu goes against the north and the north decides to withdraw their support and votes from him, Tinubu is a goner in 2027.
That's a fact, and you can take it to the bank.
Re: Northern Elders Reject Relocation Of CBN ‘Key Departments’ To Lagos by harmargedon: 9:28am On Apr 01
CharleyBright:

Yes or NO.

my father wouldn't say dumb things , If you need respect, earn it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Osinbajo Campaigned For Dapo Abiodun In Ogun / Man Drags Chris Ngige For Flying Business Class While Claiming 30K Minimum Wage / Liberian Man Accuses Erhiawarie Eferakeya Of Battering Him Over 6-Month Wages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.