Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan (6895 Views)

We Won The Election And We Will Prove It — Peter Obi Reaffirms / Okorocha: Buhari Has Promised To Take Up My EFCC Case / Fayose Goes Shopping In Shoprite After Efcc Case(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by AnonPoet: 10:04am On Jan 19
Previous thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5607818/efcc-arrests-ex-convict-possession-fake

Chief Bolaji Ayorinde (SAN) Leads Mark Obisesan’s Defense

Mark Obisesan has begun his defense in the EFCC case, presenting compelling evidence to assert his innocence regarding the travellers cheque found in his possession. The court admitted WhatsApp and Facebook messages by Obisesan, revealing his efforts to seek a refund from the second defendant for unwittingly purchasing a fake check.

Crucially, the court also accepted evidence of Obisesan writing to travelex to verify the authenticity of the travellers cheque, receiving an acknowledgment from the company. Although, the prosecution argued against the admissibility, stating that it wasn’t clear what matter was being discussed in the exchange, he was over-ruled by the Judge after Chief Ayorinde argued that not only was it relevant to the case, the collection of the evidence was in accordance with administration of justice act.

During his testimony, Obisesan maintained that he never used the cheque to attempt any purchases until it was discovered in his possession. Mr Obisesan’s lawyer also tendered a statement of account as evidence of payment of funds for the travelers cheque from his stanbic account to that of the second defendant. This bank statement, one which showed a transaction of 1,850,000 and another of 2,150,000 was admitted as evidence by the judge.

Furthermore, he testified that he had no link whatsoever with the third and fourth defendant and had never met them until his detention by the Efcc.

Conclusively, Obisesan asserted that the EFCC raid on his house was not prompted by suspicions of a fake cheque but rather an erroneous belief that he was involved in internet fraud. He claimed that the EFCC stumbled upon the cheques during the search, which he had kept with the intention of returning them to the vendor for a refund.

Trial was adjourned to February 15, 2024.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/efcc-case-ill-prove-my-innocence-mark-obisesan/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by ATEAMS: 11:14am On Jan 19
Pain changes people. It makes them trust less. Overthink more, and shut people out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Oakenshield: 11:15am On Jan 19
Omo
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Elvis2kay: 11:17am On Jan 19
CORRUPTION IS A TRADITION IN NIGERIA..

1 Like

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by chris4gold(m): 11:19am On Jan 19
Okay na
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by yinkus6750(m): 11:19am On Jan 19
What the of case is this ?
Pursuing shadows , while the main images are all over the place

1 Like

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Donedeal1(m): 11:19am On Jan 19
They never get serious with

Federal licensed looters

Killing the national Commonwealth.

But go after the little rats with heavy artillery.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Cti28(m): 11:27am On Jan 19
yinkus6750:
What the of case is this? ??
Pursuing shadows , while the main images are all over the place
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by MrDoGood(m): 11:28am On Jan 19
Oya na,,, let's see how it goes.

B Lord the 2nd loading cheesy cheesy
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by erniok(m): 11:57am On Jan 19
Why do I have the feeling that this is a paid paid.
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Augustenite(m): 12:00pm On Jan 19
Donedeal1:
They never get serious with

Federal licensed looters

Killing the national Commonwealth.

But go after the little rats with heavy artillery.

You are stupid.. is it not the same little rat that grows up to become the heavyweight python?

Your people are given Nigerians bad names everywhere, robbing banks and doing rituals everywhere.

Thunder will fire all this evil perpetrators destroying Nigeria name.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by OcTRACKER(m): 1:26pm On Jan 19
Nigeria!!!

Were you scammed recently or your phone was lost/stolen?
Do you need tracking? Check my signature
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Jessez: 6:56am On Jan 20
Augustenite:

You are stupid.. is it not the same little rat that grows up to become the heavyweight python?

Your people are given Nigerians bad names everywhere, robbing banks and doing rituals everywhere.

Don’t mind the bastard
Re: EFCC Case: I Will prove my innocence — Mark Obisesan by Donedeal1(m): 11:10am On Jan 21
Augustenite:

Admin please cage this thing, before it put this noble forum into another round of trouble.
Who are my people?.
What has my people got to do with my view.
Calling some section of the nation armed robbers is derogatory.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Appoints Ogbonaiya Onu As SFG / Caption This Photo Of Ameachi And His Wife After Saturday's Election / #IstandwithTrump Thread For Trump Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.