Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,818 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves (28600 Views)

Phone Thieves Caught In Port Harcourt, Beaten To Pulp / A Man Cried After Estate Security Could Not Scure His Call From Thieves, Video / The Most Genius Hiding Places To Hide Your Valuables From Thieves(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by jmoore(m): 10:39am On Jan 19
1. Lock your phone: Locking your phone makes it difficult for thieves to access your banking app.

2 Lock your sim card: If your phone is locked, a thief can remove the sim card and put it in another phone, using ussd to steal your money. If you lock your sim card, it becomes useless to thieves.

3. Stop putting your ATM card at the back cover of your phone. That's double tragedy if your phone lands in the hand of a thief.

4. Block your bank account when at risk: If your phone is missing, or you start getting debit alerts because of theft, block your account. You can borrow your neighbour's phone and use ussd to block your bank account no.

5. Stop sharing your ATM card/banking pin with others.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by LEARNPYTHON(m): 10:42am On Jan 19
Okay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by 2aces(m): 10:59am On Jan 19
Even with all these, Nigerian hackers will still break in your account and get the money, because our banking system is too poros and weak.
Best thing to do, after applying all the op recommend, is limit the amount you can transfer at a time with your bank app to the minimum, use your ATM for larger transfers and try not to lose your phone.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Gbadugbakun(m): 11:15am On Jan 19
sad
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by 4tomandchi: 11:16am On Jan 19
sad
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Jennyclay(f): 11:16am On Jan 19
Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Mokason288(m): 11:16am On Jan 19
Nah God Dey protect person from Nigeria matters

4 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Creamypie(m): 11:17am On Jan 19
Your number 2 is very very good. A friend was aided by it
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Scentedgrance: 11:18am On Jan 19
Jennyclay:
Thanks for sharing
Jennyclay how re you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Murf: 11:18am On Jan 19
Wetin go loss go still loss
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by vickthourh(m): 11:18am On Jan 19
Putting pin on a Sim is the best...
And also putting codes on phone, but at gunpoint my people you go succumb ooo

10 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Okortor: 11:18am On Jan 19
Just lock ur sim card by creating a pin for it and Incase of lost of phone, just dial *966*911# on anybody's phone. Automatically your account would be on PND and as such no baga can debit ur account until you visit ur bank for lift.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by slaawomirr: 11:18am On Jan 19
Damnnn niggar

2aces:
Even with all these, Nigerian hackers will still break in your account and get the money, because our banking system is too poros and weak.
Best thing to do, after applying all the op recommend, is limit the amount you can transfer at a time with your bank app to the minimum, use your ATM for larger transfers and try not to lose your phone.

You know nothing about our banking system
Our banking system is the most secured in the world

Any theft or breaking in of your account is usually assisted by insider

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by SIXFEETUNDER: 11:19am On Jan 19
Don't use or have ATM card
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by giantstar: 11:19am On Jan 19
What about those phones and ATM collected @gunpoint
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Cti28(m): 11:19am On Jan 19
LEARNPYTHON:
Okay

You forgot to add how we can secure our bank account from thieves within.
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by ATEAMS: 11:20am On Jan 19
Naxxxo
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Enny2013(f): 11:20am On Jan 19
Just kukuma place "Post No Debit" on ur main saving account.

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by SIRKAY98(m): 11:20am On Jan 19
op is right sim pin is the best
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Johnbullthe3rd: 11:20am On Jan 19
My new year resolution was “no more alcohol”

Today is the 19th day of the year, I don drink almost 6 dozens of beer so far. We try again in 2025.

WTF.

11 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by strictly4data: 11:21am On Jan 19
Great 👍
This a great post, meanwhile
I'm a *Data Scientist*. I offer one on one training via Zoom as well as solve project works, entry level take home assessments, and graduate (Msc) assignments in Data Analysis, Data Science, SQL, Python, Tableau, Ms Excel etc. whatspp 081 49 42 84 90

2 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by olisaEze(m): 11:22am On Jan 19
A bank is a place that'll lend you money as long as you can prove you don't need it. As depressing as that may sound, if you think no one cares if you're alive try missing one payment in a loan app! grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by simp4rebel: 11:24am On Jan 19
If you are looking for a professional website design and development company in Nigeria, we will build you any kind of website for your business at a very budget-friendly rate. Send us a DM or WhatsApp 0903 399 0067
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Smartjeezy01(m): 11:24am On Jan 19
What about those bad eggs among bankers (theives)? You go explain tire. Those ones don't need your phone or sim to steal your money. Please make una help me beg bright chigozie amaefule with access bank acc/no 0059730157 to refund my 100k since oct 12/23. I made an erroneous transfer to his account and access bank have sent countless emails and sms to him but he promised to refund me last week but still failed. Sapa dey town o!

1 Like

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Sucre6: 11:25am On Jan 19
That sim lock is unbreakable, ones your sim is locked even hushpuppy can't hack your account

3 Likes

Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by ecolime(m): 11:25am On Jan 19
2aces:
Yinmu
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Lannyjoe4u: 11:25am On Jan 19
To those that keep money in bank. Na inside kolo i dey put my own 😊
Re: How To Protect Your Bank Account From Thieves by Kkk777: 11:25am On Jan 19
Thanks for sharing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

First Timer Steals Phone In A Church In Lagos, Gets Arrested By SARS. Photos / Hassana Sale: Man Locks Up Sister For Two Years In Kaduna / Man, 24, Caught Defiling Neighbour’s 3-year-old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.