Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Construction Details With Me - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Details With Me (109 Views)

Septic Tank And Soakaway Construction Details / 13 Of The Dumbest Construction Fails Ever / PHOTOS: House Construction With Plastic Bottles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Construction Details With Me by foliman(m): 3:33pm On Jan 19
A CONCISE DETAIL OF CHOICE OF FOUNDATION TYPES IN LAGOS

In Lagos, Nigeria, the most common types of foundations for residential buildings that are not more than two floors include strip foundations and raft foundations.

1. Strip Foundations: Strip foundations are commonly used in Lagos for residential buildings due to their simplicity and cost-effectiveness. They consist of a continuous strip of concrete that supports the load of the building walls. These foundations are suitable for buildings with relatively light loads and are typically used for low-rise structures. Strip foundations are often constructed with reinforced concrete to provide additional strength and stability.

2. Raft Foundations: Raft foundations, also known as mat foundations, are another common type of foundation used in Lagos for residential buildings. They are suitable for areas with poor soil conditions or uneven ground. Raft foundations distribute the load of the building over a larger area, reducing the pressure on the soil. This type of foundation is often used in areas with expansive clay soils or where the soil has a low bearing capacity. Raft foundations are typically constructed with reinforced concrete and provide stability and support for the entire building.

The choice of foundation type depends on various factors such as soil conditions, building loads, and budget constraints. It is important to consult with a structural engineer or architect to determine the most suitable foundation type for a specific residential building in Lagos, Nigeria.

Re: Construction Details With Me by foliman(m): 8:53pm On Jan 21
I hope you've learned a few things here?

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get This POP Design In Nigeria? / Selling! 3bedroom Terrace+bq @ Ajah. N55m. Eunice 08029562694 / Land For Sale In Ifo Lg Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.