Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC (8021 Views)

Jos North Re-run: INEC Suspends Electoral Officer Over Missing Ballot Papers / Kano re-run: PDP's Yako, APC's Doguwa win Reps seats / Plateau North: Five Days After, INEC Yet To Release Results - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by chokekachy: 6:09pm On Jan 19
The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Friday, said all registered political parties are eligible to participate in the upcoming rerun elections in Plateau Northern Senatorial Zone of Plateau State.

The Commission also said it will recruit and deploy over 11,000 Ad-hoc personnel for the exercise.

This was disclosed by the Resident Electoral Commissioner in the State, Dr Oliver Agundu while briefing journalists in Jos, the State Capital, on the upcoming rerun election in Plateau Northern Senatorial zone of the state.

“The purpose of this meeting is to officially inform all of you about the Court-Offered Rerun Senatorial Election in Plateau North and the Federal House of Representative Election in Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency.

“To invite you all to once again inform the public about the election and the imperative of their active participation and orderly conduct so that we can have a peaceful election come 3rd of February, 2024.

“But let me be on record that this Court Ordered Re-run election is not based on the failure on the part of INEC to do a good job in the first instance but strictly on the premise that a party in the contest failed to obey a court order and had no structure at the time of the election.

“But as of today all of you in the media are aware of the position of the highest Court in our country on the matter too.

“This election is going to be conducted in six Local Government Areas of Plateau North namely; Barkin Ladi, Bassa, Jos East, Jos North, Jos South and Riyom. These six Local Government Areas of the constituency together have 73 Registration Areas (RAs), 2266 Polling Units (PUs) with a total of One Million Two Hundred and Thirty Four Thousand, Seven Hundred and Sixty (1, 234,761) Registered Voters.

“Out of which One Million Six Hundred and Seven Thousand, One (1, 167, 001) have collected their PVCs. It is to be noted that the Jos North/Bassa Federal Constituency is within the same Plateau North Senatorial District comprising two Local Government Areas of Jos North and Bassa with 30 Registration Areas (RAs), 1, 209 Polling Units (PUs).

“The total Registered Voters are 647, 409 with a total PVC Collection of 614, 956.

“We are expecting to recruit and deploy over 11,000 Ad-hoc personnel exclusive of the Security personnel that will be equally deployed.

“I, therefore, request members to appreciate the magnitude of the work at hand so that we can collectively develop modalities to ensure that we will have a fair reportage of our activities and the people are properly and timely informed of their responsibilities in ensuring a transparent, fair and inclusive election.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/01/19/plateau-north-rerun-election-all-political-parties-eligible-to-participate-inec/?fbclid=IwAR2qjDoKtX2DOLlpDQMsBFlSqAEmxbTDiddVI6AKD_Dt_qJY3i6ewy0R2Ug

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by alsudan: 6:12pm On Jan 19
This one is already a Walkover for Senator Simon Mwadkwon, then you ask why was the election annulled in the first place.

Same rerun would have been ordered for Plateau South, instead an illegitimate person called Lalong is occupying the seat.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Malroux: 6:13pm On Jan 19
INEC under Tinubu is a big threat to our democracy.

11 Likes

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by jkpbestseries: 6:15pm On Jan 19
Ok.. Time to right the wrong of the appeal court

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Administration1: 6:36pm On Jan 19
Hopefully violence should not be entertained before, during and after the elections
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by TimeManager(m): 6:45pm On Jan 19
Although, it was an abuse of court process for APC to have taken PDP to court for what's strictly an internal affairs, the court, however took it personal with PDP to have disobeyed her order. They would now have to go back to the field contesting for fresh elections.

-kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by garfield1: 6:51pm On Jan 19
TimeManager:
Although, it was an abuse of court process for APC to have taken PDP to court for what's strictly an internal affairs, the court, however took it personal with PDP to have disobeyed her order. They would now have to go back to the field contesting for fresh elections.

-kiss the truth!

Pdp is supposed to be excluded

1 Like

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by dalongjnr: 6:57pm On Jan 19
garfield1:

That would be the greatest joke of the century.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by chidiakwari: 7:11pm On Jan 19
INEC is an arm of APC. Stop wasting your time and start a revolution

6 Likes

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Throwback: 7:15pm On Jan 19
Malroux:
INEC under Tinubu is a big threat to our democracy.

No longer INEC under Buhari?

What about those losers that called for interim government? Those ones are not a threat to our democracy?

Gbajue!

8 Likes

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Bobloco: 7:17pm On Jan 19
garfield1:

Are you for real
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by money121(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19
Ok
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Bobloco: 7:18pm On Jan 19
Throwback:

No longer INEC under Buhari?

What about those losers that called for interim government? Those ones are not a threat to our democracy?

Gbajue!

We all know who's the real Gbaju e

1 Like

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Racoon(m): 7:21pm On Jan 19
The supreme court judgement in the Plateau is another judicial robbery. Hopes that this one goes well
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by oglalasioux(m): 7:54pm On Jan 19
chidiakwari:
INEC is an arm of APC. Stop wasting your time and start a revolution

Start the revolution. Put all your relatives in front. I promise you we'll all follow.

2 Likes

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Chivisee: 8:50pm On Jan 19
See peter obi people constituting nuisanse. I will continue to say it,obidient movement is a curse to obi presidency. Man was prime for this things but the Illed mannered obedient miscreant spearheading it on the internet killed his ambition with their empty barrels noise.

1 Like

Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by chidiakwari: 8:51pm On Jan 19
oglalasioux:

Start the revolution. Put all your relatives in front. I promise you we'll all follow.
my relatives do. Or live in that hell hole.

I do not suffer with you. Just sympathize with your suffer head
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Popesuccess(m): 9:32pm On Jan 19
alsudan:
This one is already a Walkover for Senator Simon Mwadkwon, then you ask why was the election annulled in the first place.

Same rerun would have been ordered for Plateau South, instead an illegitimate person called Lalong is occupying the seat.
I don't even understand this court of appeal, the same issue, different judgement.
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by Chivisee: 9:32pm On Jan 19
[quote author=chidiakwari post=128026526] my relatives do. Or live in that hell hole.

I do not suffer with you. Just sympathize with your suffer head [/quoif

If I look at my ibo gatekeeper,laughter go wan kill me.
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by asobo1: 9:48pm On Jan 19
Garfield come and see a well structured party. PDP gida gida
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by asobo1: 9:48pm On Jan 19
garfield1:

No my lord
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by asobo1: 9:49pm On Jan 19
Racoon:
The supreme court judgement in the Plateau is another judicial robbery. Hopes that this one goes well
How? Kindly elucidate
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by garfield1: 9:49pm On Jan 19
asobo1:
No my lord

Yes as there was no congress
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by asobo1: 9:52pm On Jan 19
Popesuccess:
I don't even understand this court of appeal, the same issue, different judgement.
For Plateau north senatorial district, LP came second unlike Southern and Central zone where APC came second and certificate of return was given to them.
Re: Plateau North Re-run: PDP, All Political Parties Eligible To Participate - INEC by asobo1: 9:54pm On Jan 19
garfield1:

Yes as there was no congress
What congress are you talking about here. There was Congress and the same Bitrus Kaze who is now crying foul congratulated Hon Chris Hassan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Government Officials Stopped From Honorary Doctorate Degrees / APC Registers 15.6million Members – Oshiomhole / PDP Rejects Presidential Election Petition Court Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.