Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff (33906 Views)

Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Woman Upset Over Failed Relationship, Smashes Plane Window Mid-flight In China / Plane Carrying 188 Crashes Into Sea After Takeoff In Indonesia, No Survivor(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Glimpsetv: 7:21pm On Jan 19
A chilling video captures the moment a sizable aircraft, identified as a Boeing 747-8 by FlightAware, bursts into flames mid-flight after taking off from Miami International Airport on Thursday night. The incident necessitated an emergency landing, as confirmed by a spokesperson from Miami airport, with the cargo flight safely landing just after 11:00 pm local time.
While the aircraft was being recorded from the ground, a voice on the ground could be heard screaming, "Oh my God, it's on fire."

According to an Atlas Air spokesperson, the aircraft faced an engine malfunction, and the crew, following standard procedures, skillfully returned to Miami International Airport. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue promptly responded to the situation, and fortunately, no injuries were reported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpL91J3p7sA

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by matify83: 7:44pm On Jan 19
This is not an event to experience.

Thank goodness it was a cargo plane.

The flight crew will live with PTSD for life.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Glimpsetv: 8:01pm On Jan 19
matify83:

I am telling you, bro.

3 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Nokio2: 8:04pm On Jan 19
Transfer FAAN to Miami to avert future reoccurrence...make una no vex I hold school fees teller my brain dey pain me..

17 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Glimpsetv: 8:54pm On Jan 19
Nokio2:
Transfer FAAN to Miami to avert future reoccurrence...make una no vex I hold school fees teller my brain dey pain me..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

15 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by finallybusy: 5:07pm On Jan 20
Danger was averted. Thank God.

20 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by finallybusy: 5:08pm On Jan 20
matify83:

At all. They’ll be on the next scheduled trip. Nothing serious happened.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Glimpsetv: 8:53pm On Jan 20
finallybusy:
Danger was averted. Thank God.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by money121(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21
Ok

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by LegendHero(m): 4:47pm On Jan 21
Nawa o.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by AlphaCEO: 4:50pm On Jan 21
Glimpsetv:
A chilling video captures the moment a sizable aircraft, identified as a Boeing 747-8 by FlightAware, bursts into flames mid-flight after taking off from Miami International Airport on Thursday night. The incident necessitated an emergency landing, as confirmed by a spokesperson from Miami airport, with the cargo flight safely landing just after 11:00 pm local time.
While the aircraft was being recorded from the ground, a voice on the ground could be heard screaming, "Oh my God, it's on fire."

According to an Atlas Air spokesperson, the aircraft faced an engine malfunction, and the crew, following standard procedures, skillfully returned to Miami International Airport. Miami-Dade Fire Rescue promptly responded to the situation, and fortunately, no injuries were reported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpL91J3p7sA

Thank goodness! The pilot and crew of the 747 cargo plane made it back to base. The pilot would have jettisoned some fuel within split seconds to further minimize extensive damage during the emergency landing. Respect to the pilots and the firemen on the ground as well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by AllahOfBlood: 4:51pm On Jan 21
angry

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Chicagograduate(m): 4:54pm On Jan 21
The person that invented and build this heavy object really tried.
E go dey fly for air for hours and if he wan land na slowly.
E no easy at all.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by shogosco: 4:58pm On Jan 21
No life lost

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Kingray10: 4:58pm On Jan 21
Thanks to GOD, it didn't crashed.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Vicana: 4:59pm On Jan 21
This shows anything can happen, be it Africa, Nigeria or America. If this happened in Nigeria now, the kind of insults that would have been given to the owner of the airline or the tribe of the owner or even insulted the whole of Nigeria.

As people are saying thank God no lives were lost, some would even say God did not have hand in the successful landing and survival of the crew.

Well, Nigerians are unique in their own way and Nairaland is a unique forum.

8 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by lekkyy: 5:01pm On Jan 21
Thank God, no casualties
Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Anguldi(m): 5:03pm On Jan 21
Chicagograduate:
The person that invented and build this heavy object really tried.
E go dey fly for air for hours and if he wan land na slowly.
E no easy at all.
Physics, Aerodynamics

2 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Gbadebo19(m): 5:10pm On Jan 21
WriterNig will not be happy with this news.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by incogni2o: 5:12pm On Jan 21
matify83:

What goodness are you thanking.

Thank God, It was a cargo plane.

Hallelujah, No Life was lost

2 Likes

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by BOSSkesh(m): 5:19pm On Jan 21
No life was lost glory to God

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by sofeo(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21
Issokay.

May the Lord save the U.S airspace.

1 Like

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by bigdammyj: 5:23pm On Jan 21
One of 2024 events.
Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by blowjohn(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21
Nokio2:

Do u know the kind of prayers that go on on behalf of airlines so accidents don't occur?

Don't joke with the spiritual o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by chymeze: 5:26pm On Jan 21
Very misleading headline! It does show time the plane BURST INTO FLAMES but showed it already in flames. These are two very different things with different appealing headlines!
Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by Rexymania(m): 5:35pm On Jan 21
They say death is closer to us than our clothes. We don't know what will happen in the next minute

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chilling Moment Miami Aircraft Bursts Into Flames Mid-flight After Takeoff by GboyegaD(m): 5:40pm On Jan 21
A little scary and concerning. I would had loved they included what time the plane left.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aroma Flyover In Awka: A Death Trap (Pictures) / Photos From The Motor Accident This Noon At Alapere Involving Atleast 7 Vehicles / Young Lady Travels Around Nigeria Via Train In 14 Days [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.