Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos (8562 Views)

Public Opinion, Attacks On Judges Can't Influence Court Decisions - CJN Ariwoola / CSU: US Court Says Many Interested 3rd Parties Sending Emails To Influence Court / Reno Omokri Criticizes Osinbajo, Hails Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by DanseMacabre(m): 7:53am On Jan 20
MyMouth:

You guys keep saying this nonsense! The supreme Court would have ruled in favor of the Apc in the 2 states and nothing would have happened. Protest for fews days and that is all. See Nasarawa now, if PDP had won, you guys would come here to say they would have been anarchy if they supreme Court had ruled otherwise. Now, what happened in Nasarawa, jus protest that had already been taken cared of by the security agencies. Abeg make una give it to the president for sit-down look on this one.

Bro, if say you dey Kano, you for understand wetin I dey talk. Anyhow, na conjecture both of us still dey conjecture because na till e happen you go know.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Safyqueen: 7:54am On Jan 20
Supremos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7fA-9sFsf8?si=aNBRqmiyPMx8HERJ

Mutfwang hails Tinubu for resisting pressure to influence s’court verdict on Plateau guber dispute

https://www.thecable.ng/mutfwang-hails-tinubu-for-resisting-pressure-to-influence-scourt-verdict-on-plateau-guber-dispute

As if Tinubu wasn't the one that ask supreme Court to allow every governor declared already on seat to go on.
Is that not interference?

Yoruba president that is trying to move presidency/Federal capital back to Lagos through infiltration of insecurity in Abuja as a reason.

We shall see. 2027 is just tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Larryndelaw: 8:07am On Jan 20
Yankee101:
He had a limit to what he could influence without making the judiciary look very very stupid

They tried but they refused

They have him his own as president based on an arrangement. Of course these governors spend money paying lawyers and bribing judges
You talking nonsense. Do you know what OBJ during his Tenure
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by jimmyvic(m): 8:08am On Jan 20
This is to tell you how independent the judiciary arm is in Nigeria.... weak and silly system
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by spencekat(m): 8:08am On Jan 20
Why all these noise from these governors. So presidency interference with judiciary operations is a good thing?
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by spencekat(m): 8:10am On Jan 20
AntiChristian:
Who told them BAT wants to influence any judgement before?

All of them just dey yarn thrash!
They are clowns in power.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by MrSly(m): 8:18am On Jan 20
fergie004:
Tinubu is the best thing to have happened to us in Nigeria in my family

I just corrected the error in your mention. It is cool now cool cool cool
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by SirFarads01(m): 8:21am On Jan 20
Curious345:
Sadly.

Nigeria remains a zoo
The only country in the world where winners admit the president has the powers to coerse the supreme court justices against them but decided not to do so

He actually has that power laws were made by men mere mortals can easily be influenced

Nassarawa State comes to mind
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Advancedman(m): 8:24am On Jan 20
Supremos:

Mutfwang hails Tinubu for resisting pressure to influence s’court verdict on Plateau guber dispute

https://www.thecable.ng/mutfwang-hails-tinubu-for-resisting-pressure-to-influence-scourt-verdict-on-plateau-guber-dispute

All these hailing means it's a norm for them to influence judgement just as that senator said he encroached his wife space to favour his colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by SirFarads01(m): 8:27am On Jan 20
Exousiang01:

Yes you are right
THEY WERE INFLUENCED BY TELLING OBI AND LP NOT TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THEY WON THE ELECTION.
slowminds everywhere.
You think people win court cases by shouting "I WON I WON I WON"
Una go shout tire but no evidence to show you won.
You think winning Lagos and Abuja equate winning the entire country?
How many votes Obi get for North.
Una no dey think..

Even when Obidients collated results on Twitter you guys still lost, even when na una decide to run am by unaself.....
You people should go and sit down.

That's how IPOB will be shouting "We want freedom" ask them "freedom from what?" And they begin to stammer, they don't know what they want to be free from.

But let me ask please reply sincerely

The candidate of the PDP in Nassarawa State presented such evidences and was declared the true winner at the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal

Then what happened at the Courts of Appeal and Supreme
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by SirFarads01(m): 8:36am On Jan 20
IfnobeGod20:
Please what is going on in this country, is it democracy or demonstration of crazy? Which part of Nigerian law gave the president right to influence judiciary pronouncement? The governor only indict Mr. President and not commended him. What he just ended up doing was to tell the world that in Nigeria, the president exert on the judiciary on what to do, forgetting that democratically there is separation of powers and duties between the three arms of government.
It also a pointer that Mr. President influenced his own judgement. All his talk is just an indictment and nothing more. And this is what we have been into for long. No wonder the country is retrogressing instead of progressing.
How would somebody wakes up and say the president has the power to pocket the judiciary when I'm essence the constitution of the land never anticipated such or empowered him to do so.
No doubt, there have been interference from outside that have been influencing judiciary decisions because many at times if a judgement is given, you look at the judgement and ask yourself, where is the justice in this?
Until we are ready to allow our system to work as they supposed to before the country can change or move forward. The influence on the judiciary by politicians and outside powers need to stop. Those dispensing the judgements also need to be up and doing knowing fully well, they need to protect the people and the constitution.

C'est fini
Comment of all comments
You have said it all

1 Like

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by MrSly(m): 8:37am On Jan 20
fergie004:
I’m referring to Nigerians zombies and tribal bigots not Beerfraudians lawful Nigerians
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by MomohMrMoore: 8:37am On Jan 20
I dont understand it. If APC won a case, Tinubu government influenced it, but if PDP or LP won, they will hail Tinubu for not interfering in the case. Lol. So, PDP and LP to win all the cases, while APC to lose all the cases?
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Jeboy(m): 8:38am On Jan 20
I think the Governor is right and sensible.

The fact that the governor and president are on different party tickets doesn't mean they must be fighting each other like WWE except you are not exposed. States and Federal Govt must interact diplomatically to bring development to bring Federal presence to state level.

What the Governor is trying to say is that even though President Tinubu may not be directly involved in trying to influence the outcome of the election ruling, some APC guys in the state may have pushed that agenda to him which he may have rejected. That is been democratic at least in other people's affair, his own I cannot guarantee he was.

You guys are just sitting here on Nairaland, can you see more than a sitting Governor.

I might not like President BAT but for the powers a President holds in Nigeria and the abuse he can decide to venture in without restriction, I think it is worth the praise.

No be everything must end with fight. Wisdom is profitable for direction.

2 Likes

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Jeboy(m): 8:46am On Jan 20
In case we don't know, the presidency is better democratically than most governors.

Presidency has given financial autonomy to Legislators and Judiciary.

Can we say the same for all the states?

Even Local govt autonomy some states still refused to align so our governors are even worse off. They will do worst than President Tinubu reason they are appreciating him. This is not about party but the average Nigerian character.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Themanleshey: 8:58am On Jan 20
Exousiang01:

Yes you are right
THEY WERE INFLUENCED BY TELLING OBI AND LP NOT TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE THAT THEY WON THE ELECTION.
slowminds everywhere.
You think people win court cases by shouting "I WON I WON I WON"
Una go shout tire but no evidence to show you won.
You think winning Lagos and Abuja equate winning the entire country?
How many votes Obi get for North.
Una no dey think..

Even when Obidients collated results on Twitter you guys still lost, even when na una decide to run am by unaself.....
You people should go and sit down.

That's how IPOB will be shouting "We want freedom" ask them "freedom from what?" And they begin to stammer, they don't know what they want to be free from.

No mind these people , they won Lagos with how many votes ? Just 15,000 votes in a presidential election. Take 15,000 out of 1.8 m votes that apc used to lead pdp and even more to lead lp that came third you will see that their Lagos winning did not help .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by SirFarads01(m): 9:00am On Jan 20
Supremos:

Oga Caleb
You won and the will of God prevailed
Thank the president but of course give glory to God

Your colleague in Nassarawa wasn't that fortunate but God no be man last last them go understand
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by AffiliatesMoney: 9:01am On Jan 20
Tinubu is A Man of Integrity. He doesn't pursue frivolities.

Meanwhile, This Year 2024 - No Go Gree For Epileptic Power Supply ooo. Make Sure To Utilize Our Buy Now-Pay Small Small Solar System Packages. Use Link on My Bio To Learn How To get Started.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Themanleshey: 9:02am On Jan 20
DMerciful:
This tells you that the Supreme Court Fraud isn't supreme!

This also Tells you the judgements of the presidential election petition tribunal and appeal at the Supreme Fraud were influenced by Tinubu!

Lp won Lagos with how many votes ? Just 15,000 votes in a presidential election? Lol Take 15,000 out of 1.8 m votes that Apc used to lead Pdp and even more to lead Lp that came third you will see that their Lagos winning did not help .

This is where wisdom come to play . This is why Asiwaju is always ahead . Politics is not about emotions, it requires calculation and facing reality .

Someone spend billions on an election and can’t provide evidence in court is enough to tell you he lost . If he had won he will spend any amount to provide evidence . It is called wisdom .
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Bigkoko: 9:05am On Jan 20
grin grin grin grin everyone knows that judgement are written in bourdillion..... they're no longer ashamed of it!

I only pity the e-rats who have so far much to deal with hunger!

I mean the ones on the picture!

Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by MrSly(m): 9:06am On Jan 20
fergie004:
I was not referring to Nigerians. I was referring to zombies and tribal bigots

This too have been corrected accordingly. cool cool cool
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by HeroicMeastro: 9:29am On Jan 20
AustineE1:
By appreciating the president,it is a big indictment on the president and a let down on our judiciary. Nassarawa state governor quickly ran to Abuja to appreciate the president after the supreme court judgement,when it was obvious the election that brought him was flawed and the wishes of the people was subverted....this is true definition of a banana republic.
Muftwang won outrightly by overwhelming majority and APC in their usual way tried to see if they can take it through the back door and the rest is now history. Why the hell is he going to Abuja to appreciate the president,he is losing credibility by going to Abuja and they masses that voted him are watching.
Sentimental comment.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Jackson105: 10:46am On Jan 20
Chicagograduate:
Stop making Tinubu look like a saint.That man is a confirm rigger.
However,Wait until 2027 election and see how he and his party will sweep other political parties away from their strongholds with a massive rigging.
Governorship election in Lagos State where he made his fortune are always marred with thugs who intimidate and burnt ballot boxes.
The tribunal judges and security turns a blind eye.
Tinubu detest competition.
Did you see him give appointment to politicians who contested APC presidential election primaries and later collapsed their structures for him?
Fayemi,osinbajo and their likes were all label as traitors simply because they contested APC presidential primaries with Tinubu.

If Tinubu had influence the judges you can't do more than crying and wailing.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by MyMouth(m): 10:49am On Jan 20
tishbite43:

You should be ashamed of yourself, honestly speaking
For saying the truth You should be shamed of yourself rather for being a big fooool
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by DMerciful(m): 12:17pm On Jan 20
LP led APC with over 500k votes. The narrow margin were manipulation of figures. We saw where they were cleaning and rewriting the results and thats why IREV was shutdown
Themanleshey:

Lp won Lagos with how many votes ? Just 15,000 votes in a presidential election? Lol Take 15,000 out of 1.8 m votes that Apc used to lead Pdp and even more to lead Lp that came third you will see that their Lagos winning did not help .

This is where wisdom come to play . This is why Asiwaju is always ahead . Politics is not about emotions, it requires calculation and facing reality .

Someone spend billions on an election and can’t provide evidence in court is enough to tell you he lost . If he had won he will spend any amount to provide evidence . It is called wisdom .
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by bentenny(m): 12:39pm On Jan 20
That's not only an explicit indictment on the president but also the acclaimed independence of the judiciary!

Well I always knew the judiciary was never independent esp considering the fact that it's the president that selects and appoints the chief justice of Nigeria!
Same chief justice of Nigeria selects and appoints judges for the tribunal,appeal and supreme courts!
So how do you expect them to be independent?
Truly the office of the president of Nigeria is one of the most powerful in the world!
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Olichoke: 1:00pm On Jan 20
Sermwell:

You're a clown!! Tinubu CANNOT win a free and fair election in Nigeria!! But I know that your brainwashed brain cannot process this!

Are you high on something? Why can't you comment without online insults?
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Olichoke: 1:04pm On Jan 20
DMerciful:
Politics is a means to an end, not the end itself. The purpose of politics is to enable the chosing of leaders that would improve the wellbeing of citizens.

If the wellbeing of citizens continually go down, it means the politics is bad. You're praising a driver that knows how to do stunt but never gets to his destination

These two things go hand in hand: politics and governance. Yarudua has always been my best president but politics brought him into government. Let those who know governance well go and study the dynamics of our politics to be in government. If not, this story will continue forever. Politics itself is a game. Only those who know the rule will be in government and not necessarily those who know governance. It is what it is. Online agreement and disagreement can't change it.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by kelvincoll(m): 1:27pm On Jan 20
This "gratitude-to-the president" trend on court victories is worrisome and speaks more to the type of democracy we practise in Nigeria.

It suggests that the 3 arms of govt are not independent as supposed to be. A

I would think the "gratitudes" should go to the President/Board of the Supreme Court/Judicial counsel (if there are such positions though). For resisting any and all interference aim at influence judgments.
Re: Mutfwang Hails Tinubu For Resisting Pressure To Influence Court Verdict On Jos by Chicagograduate(m): 1:53pm On Jan 20
Jackson105:

If Tinubu had influence the judges you can't do more than crying and wailing.
He has been doing it.That is why I am wailing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amotekun Caught 17 Chinese Men Inside Bush / Breaking!! See Effect Of JP MORGAN Delisting On Stock Market Today- LIVE!! / New Nnpc Gmd Fires 15 Top Staff: 14 Of Them From The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.