Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,406 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola (44382 Views)

Ogun: Gbenga Daniel Asks Abiodun To Stop His Monthly Pension, Allowances / Amaechi Denies Collecting Pension From Rivers Govt / Sanwo-Olu Didn't Bring Back VIO So As To Generate Revenues For Lagos – Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by dre11(m): 4:35pm On Jan 20
Former Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has disclosed that the only financial benefit he receives from the government is N577,000 monthly pension as a former governor of Lagos State.

He also said that he is not receiving billions of naira from the federal government as speculated by some Nigerians, after serving eight years as the minister.

Fashola said this on Saturday while appearing as a guest on Arise TV programme, ”Perspectives.’

When asked if there were financial benefits accrued to him as a former public servant, he said, “The benefit I get I think is N577,000 monthly pension from Lagos State. That’s all I get.

“So, in spite of all the stories that we got several billions of money (after leaving office), I’ve come out to deny that repeatedly. Well I don’t know how long it lasts, but all I know is that I get N577,000 per month consistently
.”

When asked if there were other benefits from the federal government, he said “no.”

Responding to a question on if he could advise current public office holders, the former Lagos governor said he was not in the position to issue advice but admonished that they “should remain true and authentic” in their duties.

In September 2023, Fashola said he did not need to hold office for serving in President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

“I do not need a title to serve: the president can only appoint at least one minister, for example, from each state in which he has done that,” Fashola had said.

https://dailytrust.com/i-only-get-n577k-monthly-pension-from-lagos-fashola/#google_vignette

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by RepoMan007: 5:57pm On Jan 20
Basic or expanded allowance?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by GO0dharddick: 5:57pm On Jan 20
They keep insulting the sensibility of sane Nigerians.

If Nigeria was working, this man would have since been in jail by now. Werèy said a serious government would fixed electricity in 6 months. He was made a Minister, the clown said it is rocket science 🔭 clown

218 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by TimeManager(m): 6:01pm On Jan 20
It's a shame when some section of the media deliberately spreading misinformation aimed at tarnishing the image of their perceived enemies especially to the gullible ones. You'd think Tinubu and his successors have pocketed Lagos's treasury with 577,000 monthly pension.

-kiss the truth!

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Omihanifa: 6:06pm On Jan 20
How about the billions you stole during your time as governor? You can't finish that money Raji

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by TimeManager(m): 6:12pm On Jan 20
GO0dharddick:
They keep insulting the sensibility of sane Nigerians.

If Nigeria was working, this man would have since been in jail by now. Werèy said a serious government would fixed electricity in 6 months. He was made a Minister, the clown said it is rocket science clown
Yes, he said it because he did it as Governor and when he became minister, the two key components of power generation and distribution had been privatized by the previous Administration with encumbrances in the contracts making it extremely difficult to terminate. The only major duty he had was regulatory and build capacity.

-kiss the truth!

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Chicagograduate(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20
Most pensioners who served for 35years are not paid up to 50k as pension.Please verify.

AriyaTV:

That's a big lie.

Not with the present tax laws.

A friend work for an estalishment for 8years he has close 2 million to collect.
You are talking of contributory pension where some percentage will be deducted from his salary and remitted to his pension custodian.

MICHEALADEX:

You pale fit be school cert holder for civil service and you expect his to earn like a director or permanent secretary
Fashola is not a civil servant.He is a politician who ruled as a governor for 8years.He doesn't deserve a pension.
It was Tinubu and osinbajo who ußd their political privileged to enact a fraudulent pension for ex governors of Lagos.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by nairavsdollars(f): 6:13pm On Jan 20
In all honesty, should you even collect the pension in the first place?

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by ATEAMS: 6:13pm On Jan 20
LoL ...

Clowns

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by CHIOMAEZEH: 6:14pm On Jan 20
Hmmm.....some are getting pension as ex local government chairmen, ex senator, ex governor, and soon to be ex president .... E mean say he go dey collect up to 5m per month in total ....minus other benefits like seasonal car and house gifts ... These our politicians Na real egungun / Mmanwu / Masquerade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXciWJ_0U0

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Yourprick: 6:14pm On Jan 20
I think?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by ufuosman(m): 6:14pm On Jan 20
Real Job men
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by decatalyst(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20
500k+ is still fair.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by yomalex(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20
Okay o
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Burneer(m): 6:15pm On Jan 20
See lie

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Obakoolex(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20
No matter what the fact is, bittered soul will still wail.
It's a transferred generational curse

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by illicit(m): 6:16pm On Jan 20
🥵
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by INTEGRITYA1(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20
Babatunde Raji Fasola, Brighter Rewarding Future. (BRF).

3 Likes

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by grandstar(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20
The interest he gets from his savings daily should be more than that .

From 2007-2023, he went from running the richest state in Nigeria to becoming a super minister.

Nigerian politicians or government technocrats dont need to be corrupt to make money. People will always dash you money without even asking. You give someone a 10bn contract, don't be surprised he dashes you 500m or more.

An SSS officer who served with OBJ said a construction company built him a luxury apartments as a gift. There was even tge case of GEJ where a company built a church in his hometown.

Greedy ones however want 20% kickback or more or even award highly inflated contracts to themselves. Some even engage in outright contract scams where no project exists whatsoever and the money is all but embezzled.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Kukutente23: 6:17pm On Jan 20
Lol
This man sef.....
Seems he still thinks we're in 2014
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Dnet70: 6:18pm On Jan 20
He should calm down,half a loaf is better than kulikuli

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by miketayo(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20
TimeManager:

Yes, he said it because he did it as Governor and when he became minister, the two key components of power generation and distribution had been privatized by the previous Administration with encumbrances in the contracts making it extremely difficult to terminate. The only major duty he had was regulatory and build capacity.

-kiss the truth!

His truth or your truth?

8 Likes

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Harrynight(m): 6:18pm On Jan 20
grin

If they publish with all honesty the mind-blowing sum Tinubu receive from Lagos State monthly, some people may die of hypertension

3 Likes

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by STEWpid(f): 6:18pm On Jan 20
Chai..

I smile in Isreali.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by ivolt: 6:18pm On Jan 20
How about the cars, houses and furnishings?
I am not aware the LASG has changed the pension law.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Babangidapikin: 6:18pm On Jan 20
Hope Oga Sanwo Olu have revise it abi na $500 be your monthly pension and $6000 in a year ...na wa o ..make Naira stabilise, some people no go allow .
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by CSTRR: 6:19pm On Jan 20
Was he expecting to receive 100 million?

Someone that just served govt for 8yrs.

So what would people that served govt for over 40yrs collect as pension?

Or is it a bad thing if he forgoes his pension like peter obi?

This is a wealthy man o.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by stacyadams: 6:19pm On Jan 20
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!
Continue

2 Likes

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by straighttalk(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20
Scam

1 Like

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by christejames(m): 6:20pm On Jan 20
He's still greedy, tueh!
Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:20pm On Jan 20
RepoMan007:
Basic or expanded allowance?

They think they are smart, they only give basic and leave out juicy stuff included in the pension law of Lagos state.

The other time senators contributed their monthly basic of about 1 million to victim of the air strike in kadunna but made it seem like they contributed their total months salary if about 30 million naira.

These politicians think they are talking to dumb people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Only Get N577k Monthly Pension From Lagos – Fashola by Anwons(m): 6:21pm On Jan 20
We have talked too much in this country with no result and that's why the politicians keeps toiling on our integrity.
Until actions are taking against these rogues, nothing will change

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dino Melaye: Yahaya Bello, My Fraudulent Governor Bags 419 Award (Photo) / Reno Omokri: Nigeria Will Be Worse Under Obi / Grassroot Man~governor Fayose Buying A Plantain From A Seller(picture Attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.