Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,833 members, 7,862,734 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:19 AM

This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God (1337 Views)

Atheist Says Spirit Is Nothing Because It Is Non Physical & Invisible / Nigerians In The US Reject Bishop Ross Because He Believes In Homosexuality / Catholic Church Believes In Separation From Bed, Not Divorce - Father Oluoma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 2:35pm On Jan 22
triplechoice:
He he he .
I can see you very good at imagining things and believing them as fact. We are not discussing how to use Google my friend, but finding scientific support for your conjectures about the human brain at death. Please be focused if you want us to continue with the discussion But what exactly are those "functions" at death? Unfortunately, you don't know a thing nor can describe it the way it is. You just imagined something in your head and try to use subterfuge to pass it as scientific fact. And the next thing, you want me to search for it in Google.

I said, based on what has been observed by scientists , the human brain is flatline during that period and so not capable of producing such vivid imageries associated with the phenomenon. Flatline doesn't mean no more activity, but not enough to create the experience.

Instead of disputing what I already explained with facts and evidence, you're casting innuendos everywhere.
1. Once again, I never said the brain is no more "functioning" but has gone flatline. Please use Google to help you understand what that means as it concerns NDE.

2. The brain creating movies in the head is not the same activity as the brain helping you to store information so you remember it later. You don't have any evidence the former can happen during that period You just assume and made a logical leap that since the later is possible then, the former is also possible. That's not scientific thinking. My friend.

Instead of wasting my time and directing me to Google, why didn't you just admit you were only engaging you brain to imagine all that you have explained.

If you had admitted that, there won't be any reason for me to drag you any further on this .
Too much talk dey stress me. Learn and be enlightened

Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:53pm On Jan 22
There are thousands of them out there using different ideas to extort money from gullible neighbours. He remains an atheist still but this time a smart one at that because now he will make millions if not billions of dollars from the stupidity of misinformed churchgoers without any scrutiny! undecided
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 3:17pm On Jan 22
MaxInDHouse:
There are thousands of them out there using different ideas to extort money from gullible neighbours. He remains an atheist still but this time a smart one at that because now he will make millions if not billions of dollars from the stupidity of misinformed churchgoers without any scrutiny! undecided

So he is still an Atheist after he became Christian by accepting that Jesus is His Saviour and Lord.

Well, Just as your organisation is making million of dollars from the stupidity of misinformed hallgoer miscreants without any scrutiny.

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 7:39pm On Jan 22
triplechoice:

2. The brain creating movies in the head is not the same activity as the brain helping you to store information so you remember it later. You don't have any evidence the former can happen during that period You just assume and made a logical leap that since the later is possible then, the former is also possible. That's not scientific thinking. My friend.

Lol! Please pick up elementary science and introduction to computer components materials for basic two pupils. It's very important
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22
FRANCISTOWN:

Lol! Please pick up elementary science and introduction to computer components materials for basic two pupils. It's very important

Why do you believe human brain came about through random evolution but computer components ARE WELL designed even when the most supercomputer today can't match human brain?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 8:17pm On Jan 22
Emusan:

Why do you believe human brain came about through random evolution but computer components ARE WELL designed even when the most supercomputer today can't match human brain?
Where have I said that the human brain came about thru random evolution?

Computer components are well designed thru continuous upgrade( evolution).
Starting from the first generation computers.

Computers can't act on their own. They operate in a specific way in relation to a specific kind of data. Humans decide what to do and what not to do. Computers can't do that.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:26pm On Jan 22
FRANCISTOWN:
Where have I said that the human brain came about thru random evolution?

As an Atheist, I know you won't agree that human brain was designed.

Computer components are well designed thru continuous upgrade( evolution).
Starting from the first generation computers.

@underlined is the key.

So, do you think human brain that is far higher and complex than any known computer today can be a work of evolution?

Computers can't act on their own. They operate in a specific way in relation to a specific kind of data. Humans decide what to do and what not to do. Computers can't do that.

Good, so why do you think a WELL DESIGNED computer who can't even be compared to that of human brain can't come through evolution but human brain can?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Dsimmer: 8:32pm On Jan 22
Dsimmer:

While I think there's something in IFA which is the Yoruba religion because of its accuracy of the world description which is all about light and matter 💤 , and also the innovative creative enlightenment/Idea present in it however, it needs to be interpreted right (especially the ebo sacrifice/animal sacrifices) while the innovative creative ideas should also be focused on to bring such innovation into technical realities.

Yoruba religion (IFA) is quite accurate on the description of the earth formation, even as it described it as light and matter which we know is what the earth is made of.

First, IFA states that Eledumare (Olorun/Oluwa) is the only one supreme almighty creator. What's Eledumare? El is got from the word "Ela" which means "light" in the sense of enlightenment, clarity and wisdom. Odu means "to make" or "mysterious knowledge that makes" while Mare means "infinite manifestations or possibilities or infinite creations". So Eledumare means "the light (wisdom)/knowledge which makes infinite possibilities/manifestations/creations". In Olodumare, the Ol from Olodumare means the owner thus, Olodumare means the owner of the mysterious knowledge that makes infinite creations/manifestations.

Then there are the Orishas. The first Orisha to create the earth was Obatala but he ended up sleeping off thus Oduduwa came to complete the earth creation assignment. Obatala and Oduduwa are regarded as one entity which created the earth like a covered calabash (sphere) with Obatala holding the upper part of it while Oduduwa hold the lower part of it, according to IFA.

So let start with what does Obatala means? It means the "king of cross light". Obatala is also called Orisha nla which means the mighty Orisha. IFA also calls Obatala "aterekaraye" which means expansion through the universe. Hence, these hot light particles which is Obatala started the creation of the earth by expanding through the universe until it expanded into a dark area thus it cools (which was the sleeping stage which IFA states about Obatala thus making Oduduwa to take over the completion of the earth creation). So these light particles cooled when it expanded into a dark area to produce atoms.

What does Oduduwa means? It simply means "mysterious black creation/black vacuum matter". It simply depict the earth formation. Ifa states that lightness comes from darkness and darkness come from light which support the law of conservation.

Hence, Obatala ( light ) slept off (cooled) after its series of expansion (aterekaraye) into dark vacuum (Oduduwa) to form atoms/matter which then took over. The aggregate of these atoms formed molecules of elements. The law of conservation state states that matter aren't destroyed but converted from one form to another.

Aside being a black vacuum, Oduduwa is also known as "Atenworo" which means chains or series of chains. IFA states that Oduduwa descended through chains (Atenworo) to form the Earth. This Oduduwa "descent" means gravity/gravitational force while the chains means nuclear chains!

Back to the molecules of elements formed after the expansion and cooling of light in a dark vacuum. After the formation of these molecules, collision of these molecules with one another ends in series of nuclear chains (Atenworo) to form the Sun, the star, the asteroids, the comets and the planets which include the planet Earth. That was how the earth was formed!

As for the water bodies on earth, it's formed as a result of the comets formed (during these series of nuclear chains of reactions) which then collided with the earth to form the water bodies on the earth.

IFA described these waterbody (comets) as Yemoja + Olokun) but as one entity representing the water body which then collapsed on the Earth as stated by IFA. Yemoja with her large breasted surface represent the surface area of the water body and the rivers while Olokun represent the deepest part of the ocean. So, the combination of the Earth formed by Obatala/Oduduwa as one entity and the formed water body comet (Yemaja/Olokun) collided to give birth to all the other Orishas (which all have their meanings btw).

Basically, the world was formed with the creation of the light (Obatala) which expanded (aterekaraye) into a dark vacuum (Oduduwa) to form matters which combined and led to nuclear chains of reactions (Atenworo) to form the Earth, the Sun, the Stars, asteroids and the Comets (water body). IFA is actually accurate! Too accurate as a matter of fact!

On Orunmila, Orunmila actually means heaven's light or heaven's salvation. Orunmila is also regarded as Obaorisha (The king of all Orishas). He's also regarded as "Ogbon Ile aye" (The wisdom of the whole world). He's also called "Olupitan Ile Ife" and "Eleri ipin" which means the historian of Ile Ife and the witness of all creations respectively. According to IFA, Orunmila was there from the beginning of the universe and witnessed everything. Ela is also referred to as Orunmila btw. Ela means light & clarity like I previously stated and is also regarded as the only begotten child and the word of Eledumare hence, we can say Ela (light and clarity) created Obatala (king of cross light). Since Ela is regarded as the only begotten child and the word of Eledumare, then we can say Eledumare created Ela which is his Word (also known as Orunmila) who then created Obatala which later formed the Earth!

Hence, the supreme Force is Eledumare/Olorun and its Ela (word/only begotten child).

Btw, two names mentioned as the only begotten child of Eledumare are Ela and Jewesun (the lamb). Since IFA states that Eledumare has only one begotten child (Okanbi), then it means Ela is the same as Jewesun (the lamb). That is, Ela is also known as Jewesun.

That being said, let me state that just as Yoruba have the cosmos Orishas, Yoruba also have the human Orishas who were quite talented to depict their powerful nature while living on earth. For example, Obatala was the first King of IFE. He and his descendants ruled IFE before Oduduwa of Oke Ora of Ile Ife was also chosen by IFA to rule IFE. So both were chosen by IFA to rule IFE to depict the creation of IFE📌 There's also Ogun, Sango, Osun etc who were all talented humans displaying their powerful nature, as also depicted in the cosmos. There's also the human Orunmila who's the first IFA priest to start IFA practice. It was also stated that Ela birthed of a virgin woman (Oyigi) would come thereafter to take over the Orunmila role which had always been Ela's role before the beginning of the universe. So Ela is also referred to as Orunmila like I previously stated✨ Orunmila/Ela has no idol, just like Olodumare.

Another aspects are the innovative, scientific and creative aspects of all these Orishas which should be focused on and bring forth into technical realities. For example, Ogun represent metallurgy and mechanical engineering etc. Oko Orisha represent Agriculture (mechanized farming and agro industrialization). Sango represent electrical energy, industrialization and civilization etc. That's not to mention the mathematics in IFA which includes algebra, geomantic etc.. So IFA is quite deep!

On another note, I have once stated that the three things I noticed that IFA mostly talks about are Ori (head), IWA (Goodness/Responsibility/righteousness), Ela/Orunmila (wisdom). IFA says the Orisha is within us and emphasize that human does become an Orisha💤 As a matter of fact, IFA always mention both Orisha the cosmos and the Yoruba human Orishas (Yoruba ancestors) while laying emphasis on the fact that Human does become an Orisha✨ Hence, anyone who's good (IWA) and intelligent (Ela) to enlighten or innovate things end up becoming an Orisha. So, human (Ori) should always desire to be good (IWA) and acquire wisdom (Ela/Orunmila) to enlighten others or innovate/create things to make it easier for their fellow humans. Such human is an Orisha.

Thus the basis/essence of a religion should be humanity (goodness), enlightenment and innovation/creativity. Any religion which lacks such is trash! Simple as ABC.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 8:46pm On Jan 22
Emusan:

As an Atheist, I know you won't agree that human brain was designed.

@underlined is the key.

So, do you think human brain that is far higher and complex than any known computer today can be a work of evolution?

Good, so why do you think a WELL DESIGNED computer who can't even be compared to that of human brain can't come through evolution but human brain can?
No now. Stop this mental projection.

I haven't said anywhere that the human brain is a product of evolution. Therefore, you cannot engage me based on what I've not said.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:27am On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:
No now. Stop this mental projection.

I haven't said anywhere that the human brain is a product of evolution. Therefore, you cannot engage me based on what I've not said.

Okay, let me ask then.

To you, do you think human brain was designed or through random evolution?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 9:22am On Jan 23
Emusan:

Okay, let me ask then.

To you, do you think human brain was designed[1] or through random evolution?[2]
You can't restrict what I think to the options you've given. I could think a million things.

From a zygote to a blastocyst, to an embryo to a fetus. According to science, backed by irrefutable series of proofs.

I'd say, the human brain develops.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 9:42am On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:
You can't restrict what I think to the options you've given. I could think a million things.

You're right!

From a zygote to a blastocyst, to an embryo to a fetus. According to science, backed by irrefutable series of proofs.

I'd say, the human brain develops.

I like this!

For something to develop, it means the thing is happening under set of rules.

For instance, when to start developing and when top stop.

This are the same rules applicable in the scientific world, reason why we could have a complex system like microprocessor e.t.c and the reason why apply the word "DESIGN" to them.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 9:53am On Jan 23
Emusan:

You're right!

I like this!

For something to develop, it means the thing is happening under set of rules.

For instance, when to start developing and when top stop.

This are the same rules applicable in the scientific world, reason why we could have a complex system like microprocessor e.t.c and the reason why apply the word "DESIGN" to them.
I wouldn't wanna use the word "design". The word design is prolly too ambiguous and too strong for this argument.

I prefer to use pattern or programmed
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by triplechoice(m): 10:36am On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:

No need trying to bluff it out or hide behind " use Google" and this latest wayward talk from you.

Provide scientific evidence for your very odd and outlandish claims about what goes on in the brain of dead people or admit you were
just imagining things and trying to pass it off as established truth. You, not me, have claimed something. So, provide proof and stop trying to be clever by half.

Scientists using modern sophisticated brain scanners and other devices have not been able to unravel what goes on in the human brain during that period of NDE , but you, an unknown entity on Nairaland, who doesn't know much science, wants to brag about what you're pathetically clueless about.

Yes, it's not uncommon to hear your type attempting to compare the workings of a man made computer to one of the greatest marvel of nature, the mysterious human brain.

But I tell you, it's completely wrong to use your knowledge of computers to interpret or explain what goes on in the brain during NDE. You will certainly miss it ,make a mockery of yourself and mislead the ignorant public.

I think I have been wasting my time. Use your advice and help yourself with Google and those science textbooks, but that's if you know exactly what to search and what to read.

Good day.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 11:06am On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:

I wouldn't wanna use the word "design". The word design is prolly too ambiguous and too strong for this argument.

Not using it doesn't change the fact that, it's designed. This is scientific fact! Which unfortunate you can't change.

I prefer to use pattern or programmed

So how was the pattern or PROGRAMME come up?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 3:05pm On Jan 23
Emusan:

Not using it doesn't change the fact that, it's designed. This is scientific fact! Which unfortunate you can't change.

So how was the pattern or PROGRAMME come up?
Simply from the cells, passed to you from your parents.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 3:24pm On Jan 23
triplechoice:

No need trying to bluff it out or hide behind " use Google" and this latest wayward talk from you.

Provide scientific evidence for your very odd and outlandish claims about what goes on in the brain of dead people or admit you were
just imagining things and trying to pass it off as established truth. You, not me, have claimed something. So, provide proof and stop trying to be clever by half.

Scientists using modern sophisticated brain scanners and other devices have not been able to unravel what goes on in the human brain during that period of NDE , but you, an unknown entity on Nairaland, who doesn't know much science, wants to brag about what you're pathetically clueless about.

Yes, it's not uncommon to hear your type attempting to compare the workings of a man made computer to one of the greatest marvel of nature, the mysterious human brain.

But I tell you, it's completely wrong to use your knowledge of computers to interpret or explain what goes on in the brain during NDE. You will certainly miss it ,make a mockery of yourself and mislead the ignorant public.

I think I have been wasting my time. Use your advice and help yourself with Google and those science textbooks, but that's if you know exactly what to search and what to read.

Good day.

You are just ranting, and it's begining to get me irritated for real.
You've not said anything to counter what I said. I said what I said with respect to scientific discovery. During NDE, their are rhythmic brain patterns similar to dreaming, memory recall and meditation.

Your brain uses the information in it's memory to create series of phantasmagoricals. That's why a blind man can never have a visual dream and a deaf man, an auditory dream. Simply because their brain has no information on that(simply nothing in the memory with respect to that)

Whatever a man experiences during NDE would simply be a memory recall of his imagination, what he must have seen, or what he must have heard.

As we know, to create imaginations. Your brain still needs to get synthetic.

You don't know anything about the brain yet you are here creating a whole lot of nuisance and academic embarrassments.

This is as simple as what a basic 5 pupil should know. This is so embarrassing, honestly and I'm beginning to get pissed.

I have no pleasures for mediocrity.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Simply from the cells, passed to you from your parents.

You mean the cells pattern or PROGRAM themselves.

Just like saying silicon atoms already have the pattern or PROGRAM that can rearrange themselves into billion of Transistors and capacitors in our microchip.

Does this make sense to you?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Jackanda1(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23
HardMirror:
that guy is not worth talking too. Too daft
https://mobile.facebook.com/FAITHDOCUMENTARYLIFE/photos/a.127774875809318/216773890242749/?type=3&_rdc=1&_rdr

cc: emasun francistown enemyofgod2 lordreed botragelad
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:52pm On Jan 23
MaxInDHouse:
We making money
we making money
We making money this year
This year this year this year!#
wink
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 7:55pm On Jan 23
Jackanda1:
https://mobile.facebook.com/FAITHDOCUMENTARYLIFE/photos/a.127774875809318/216773890242749/?type=3&_rdc=1&_rdr

This has nothing to do with me. I don't relate to fictions.

Bring evidence now, you won't be able.
I should just believe the words of one white man because he claimed to be a pastor?
I've grown above child's play
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 7:58pm On Jan 23
Emusan:

You mean the cells pattern or PROGRAM themselves.

Just like saying silicon atoms already have the pattern or PROGRAM that can rearrange themselves into billion of Transistors and capacitors in our microchip.

Does this make sense to you?
Cells react based on their environment.
Please read on cell signaling
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:10pm On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Cells react based on their environment.
Please read on cell signaling

Likewise do elements reacts based on their environment.

But the part you're neglecting is PATTERN OR PROGRAM.

You agree that cells develop based on pattern or PROGRAM. Don't forget!
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Ken4Christ: 8:29pm On Jan 23
The afterlife is real. Heaven is real and hell is also real. Where your soul goes to after you have left this earth depends on what you did with Jesus.

You either receive Him as the Lord of your life or meet him as your judge. Jesus is inescapable. The choice is yours.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 8:32pm On Jan 23
Emusan:

Likewise do elements reacts based on their environment.

But the part you're neglecting is PATTERN OR PROGRAM.

You agree that cells develop based on pattern or PROGRAM. Don't forget!
I already told you to read on Cell Signaling, you'd find all the information there.

Please cut the chase and go straight to the point. I've been trying to keep it simple.

What exactly are you driving at?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:38pm On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:
I already told you to read on Cell Signaling, you'd find all the information there.

I did that many years ago.

Please cut the chase and go straight to the point. I've been trying to keep it simple.

What exactly are you driving at?

I've already told you my point.

Human brain is more complex than supercomputer.

If supercomputer can't happen by random evolution definitely human brain can't happen by random evolution.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 8:44pm On Jan 23
Emusan:

I did that many years ago.

I've already told you my point.

Human brain is more complex than supercomputer.

If supercomputer can't happen by random evolution definitely human brain can't happen by random evolution.
Okay lol!
So, that's to say...?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 8:55pm On Jan 23
FRANCISTOWN:

Okay lol!
So, that's to say...?

That is to say, natural processes can't produce human brain.

Human brain is a result of intelligent design.

I know you'll agree with me that scientists, engineers & mathematicians who came together to give us microprocessor are not DULLARD but GENIUS and highly INTELLIGENT.

If human brain is far more complex than supercomputer we have today, why do you people like to give this GENIUS AND INTELLIGENT work to just NATURAL PROCESSES?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by FRANCISTOWN: 9:51pm On Jan 23
Emusan:

That is to say, natural processes can't produce human brain.

Human brain is a result of intelligent design.

The human brain is not a result of an intelligent design. There is no proof of that.
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by EnemyofGod2: 1:22am On Jan 24
Jackanda1:

This is total rubbish,are you expecting me to believe that nonsense that useless man wrote there ?
Re: This Atheist Says He Died And Returned - Now, He Believes In God by Emusan(m): 9:05am On Jan 24
FRANCISTOWN:

The human brain is not a result of an intelligent design. There is no proof of that.

The proof for that is our complex supercomputer.

Is human brain more complex than supercomputer we have today? The answer is Yes!

Was this supercomputer DESIGNED? The answer is another capital YES!

because nothing as complex as supercomputer will be deny of being designed in scientific world today.

So how come something that is far more complex than what great and intelligent scientists, engineers and mathematicians come together to produce has no proof for its complexity?

If, you agree that supercomputer can't come from DULLARD OR UNINTELLIGENT mind, how come you can open mouth to say HUMAN BRAIN doesn't have any proof of DESIGN?

You people know natural processes can't produce the complexity of human brain but will like to push it aside like something that is not note worth, yet praises the great scientists, engineers and mathematicians for their great contribution to give us a complex system like computer and other technologies.

It's easy for you to say the complexity of human brain has no PROOF OF DESIGN but will never dare say the same with supercomputer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tithing, A Scam? / Sam Harris Vs Dawkins Vs Htichens Who Has A Better Debate Style? / Please A Cry Out For Advise From Mature Christains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.