Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una (4555 Views)

4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture) / Nigerian Man Shows Off How Much He Has Changed Five Months After Leaving Nigeria / "The Day I Left Vs Now" Transformation Of A Medical Doctor After Leaving Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:24pm On Jan 21
laivwire:

Before nko. UK and Canada's laxity is a serious flex for many. Scandinavian or core EU countries want their complete money including block funds in advance and yet you only get a year Post study.

As more immigrants continue to abuse these opportunities, they will switch up and lock the gates.

The funny thing is those Scandinavian countries are much more expensive than the UK.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by laivwire(m): 9:57pm On Jan 21
tensazangetsu20:

The funny thing is those Scandinavian countries are much more expensive than the UK.
For sure, that's why you have comparatively few Africans there and everything is chill.

The high cost requirement is their border gate. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by StemCellTherapi(m): 1:21am On Jan 22
BigDawsNet:

Oh really? That means majority of Nigerians in diaspora right now will have to return to pluck dias

Sure...why not.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Kennyswag: 8:11am On Jan 22
AfahaAbia:
The people I pity the most are federal and state civil servants who had very stable and stress-free jobs in Nigeria saying they want to Japa. They think it's in Nigeria where u don't work, close by 3pm and receive salary. Overseas you will work for every penny in the clod weather and pay bills.
what of those wey dey sell property to travel kor?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Basalt(m): 9:23am On Jan 22
tensazangetsu20:

In the near future a lot of countries will require block funds for living expenses and will ensure your whole tuition fee is paid before coming.

Germany has been doing that for years now.
I won't blame anyone shaa because my story is similar.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by hammed71(m): 9:37am On Jan 22
Basalt:

Germany has been doing that for years now.
I won't blame anyone shaa because my story is similar.
are you already on a work visa now?
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Welcomme: 10:27am On Jan 22
ednut1:
I had a close friend that had intentions to japa to the US with his wife and 3 kids. I offered to host him alone at my house for up too 6 months to settle down, get a car, apartment and then bring his family to join him. Apparently, wifey didn’t like the idea and she insisted on coming together as a family. To cut the story short, he came to the US Dec 15th, 2023 without informing me, he only reach out to me after his funds ran out Dec 23rd. No money, no where to go and no one will receive a family of 5. After spending close to N10m in a matter of weeks including cost of ticket , he decided to go back to Nigeria. As we speak now, he’s back to Nigeria. He learnt a very serious lesson. Japa required ALOT OF PPANNING, YOU CANNOT WING IT.
# copied

No matter what you say alot of people won’t listen. Imagine a family of 4 on student visa looking for 1 room to rent . Wetin musa no go see for gate
You and I know the story of this person returning to Nigeria after month is a lie. Person get student visa to U.S, come voluntarily return back to Nigeria 😀😀😀..Same U.S that accommodate many illegals and overstayers, na him person wet legal go come return... Baba, na lamba be the post wey you copy jor. If it were to be UK, I can still believe this story but U.S, mba..

But truth be told, I can't just imagine people bringing kids on a student visa. It is a bit risky.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by ednut1(m): 11:37am On Jan 22
Welcomme:
You and I know the story of this person returning to Nigeria after month is a lie. Person get student visa to U.S, come voluntarily return back to Nigeria 😀😀😀..Same U.S that accommodate many illegals and overstayers, na him person wet legal go come return... Baba, na lamba be the post wey you copy jor. If it were to be UK, I can still believe this story but U.S, mba..

But truth be told, I can't just imagine people bringing kids on a student visa. It is a bit risky.
different stories . The first one was a copied story from twitter. ( visa class was not specified). Can still be lamba 😆

The one after the space is from my personal experience in Canada.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by TheBillyonaire: 11:47am On Jan 22
Kenn55:
As someone that attends a Nigerian church in Canada, what my eyes have seen in the last one year is appalling. Some Nigerians are greedy and opportunists.

Early this month, a newcomer showed up in church, after service he said he is a student that just arrived and looking for accommodation. Luckily there was this lady that finished in December and just got a job in another city and she is relocating. This man was asked to pay and takeover the room while the lady help him to connect to the landlord. It turns out that this guy/man had no money. He said he only has $250. The accommodation he was looking at isn't paid accommodation but free accommodation. He also begged if the church can help pay his school fees. Chai, I felt like giving him a dirty slap but I just excused myself and walked away.

Why are Nigerians like this? Which kind of greedy attitude is this? You manipulated proof of fund and came into a new country with only $250 and looking for who to help.
I understand Nigeria is not smiling at the moment but if you don't have what is takes to travel successful then manage Nigeria, it is not a do or die. This greedy attitude has to stop.

I didn't see him in church today, maybe he has gone somewhere else to try his luck

Quite shameful.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by TheBillyonaire: 11:49am On Jan 22
ednut1:
I had a close friend that had intentions to japa to the US with his wife and 3 kids. I offered to host him alone at my house for up too 6 months to settle down, get a car, apartment and then bring his family to join him. Apparently, wifey didn’t like the idea and she insisted on coming together as a family. To cut the story short, he came to the US Dec 15th, 2023 without informing me, he only reach out to me after his funds ran out Dec 23rd. No money, no where to go and no one will receive a family of 5. After spending close to N10m in a matter of weeks including cost of ticket , he decided to go back to Nigeria. As we speak now, he’s back to Nigeria. He learnt a very serious lesson. Japa required ALOT OF PPANNING, YOU CANNOT WING IT.
# copied

No matter what you say alot of people won’t listen. Imagine a family of 4 on student visa looking for 1 room to rent . Wetin musa no go see for gate

He has just wasted 10m just to experience suffering.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by TheBillyonaire: 11:54am On Jan 22
nigerianart:
Thanks for the advice but some of us are already working to death here.

Just last week, I did double shift HERE IN NIGERIA (because someone resigned), 2 times I passed-out.
Have high blood pressure.
I once took 12 t-spoon of coffee to stay awake and had to lie on the floor and stretch to slow my heart rate.
...all these for pennies.

I am surprise that you are still alive. Above 300g of caffeine kills normal people. You are not normal. Congratulations on your stupidity.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Akano5(m): 3:33pm On Jan 22
nigerianart:

Just last week, I did double shift HERE IN NIGERIA (because someone resigned), 2 times I passed-out.
I once took 12 t-spoon of coffee to stay awake and had to lie on the floor and stretch to slow my heart rate.

You see bro, no matter how hard Abroad is, the quality of life is clearly different and more vivid...

1 Like

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by MrEverest(m): 4:46pm On Jan 22
nigerianart:

The alternative is starvation and disgrace (all these is like a training for the day a better work come, hardwork is nothing to me).
Back to the topic, if the person is rich, these might be a fearful idea but some of us, it is just life.

Even now, where I live, I know shops that are opened from 7am till midnight I have never seen the owner close shop. There are people silently working to death here in Nigeria amongst us.

The part I highlighted is something I have observed and I find it worrisome. Most shops in the streets within residential areas often open as early as 7am and would remain open till 10 or 11 pm, all days of the week! It's argued that 9 to 5 work isn't ideal, but here are people working 7 to 11!!!

The worst are those living in Lagos. I wonder how some people will be waking up 4am everyday only to return home around midnight each day. Damn it, this is not life/living but perpetual endurance in suffering.

Sad 😭

2 Likes

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:46pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

Oga, that is how you people deceive people to come in and be doing rubbish in the US. You want someone who could afford to come into the US, spend 10M on the process to come and start washing plates and living in shelters. Someone who probably was doing well in Nigeria.

No be say them say, My own childhood friend entered Yankee, overstayed his visa and tried to apply for asylum using bogus claims. Marry oyinbo, e no work. Eventually, it didn't work out and he moved to Canada, still trying to apply for asylum. Didn't work out. He is back to Naija and doing very well.

Those that want to go, let them prepare well for the realities on ground, stop pushing them to their doom, talking about those on expired visas making it and all. You want someone who probably resigned from Zenith Bank to come and be flipping burgers in the US.

People fall for deception and refuse to hear the truth. A group of Nigerians were told that the Southern Border was open and a smuggler took their money and gave them instructions on what to do. These guys told border patrol that they were Venezuelan because the smuggler told them that would give them entry. The border patrol agents switched from English to Spanish and handed them forms written and with instructions in Spanish—within a few minutes, their jig was up. They’ll be on a deportation flight with two Nigerians who claimed Cameroonian but could not respond to the interpreter’s questions during their asylum hearings because neither understood French.grin Even if those schemes worked, biometrics would’ve soon caught up with them.
Don’t worry, others will still fall for the shortcuts, give smugglers all their money, and wind up right back where they started from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by IgboSomalia: 7:57pm On Jan 22
1stGenAmerican:

People fall for deception and refuse to hear the truth. A group of Nigerians were told that the Southern Border was open and a smuggler took their money and gave them instructions on what to do. These guys told border patrol that they were Venezuelan because the smuggler told them that would give them entry. The border patrol agents switched from English to Spanish and handed them forms written in Spanish—within a few minutes, their jig was up. They’ll be on a deportation flight with two Nigerians who claimed Cameroonian but could not respond to the interpreter’s questions during their asylum hearings because neither understood French.grin Even if those schemes worked, biometrics would’ve soon caught up with them.
Don’t worry, others will still fall for the shortcuts, give smugglers all their money, and wind up right back where they started from.

Let them flog them severely and deport them to Gabon so they can trek back to Nigeria from there. Useless people.
Imagine that guy defending people overstaying visas. Such foolishnes.

2 Likes

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:59pm On Jan 22
IgboSomalia:

Let them flog them severely and deport them to Gabon so they can trek back to Nigeria from there. Useless people.
Imagine that guy defending people overstaying visas. Such foolishnes.

Yes, he even suggested that someone who overstays a visa has access to student loans, credit cards, and other services, something we know is a lie. There are too many immigrants willing to work for low wages who are being granted work permits for under the table jobs to come easy for someone on an expired visa. Companies are getting huge tax credits and other perks for hiring certain migrants so why would they forego that to hire under the table?
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by IgboSomalia: 8:06pm On Jan 22
1stGenAmerican:

Yes, he even suggested that someone who overstays a visa has access to student loans, credit cards, and other services, something we know is a lie. There are too many immigrants willing to work for low wages who are being granted work permits for under the table jobs to come easy for someone on an expired visa. Companies are getting huge tax credits and other perks for hiring certain migrants so why would they forego that to hire under the table?

The guy is an unintelligent fellow who doesn't understand how to live in a lawful society. He thinks he is being smart but I've seen several of his type. They usually end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Derende(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22
H
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Gerrard59(m): 2:26am On Jan 24
1stGenAmerican:

People fall for deception and refuse to hear the truth. A group of Nigerians were told that the Southern Border was open and a smuggler took their money and gave them instructions on what to do. These guys told border patrol that they were Venezuelan because the smuggler told them that would give them entry. The border patrol agents switched from English to Spanish and handed them forms written and with instructions in Spanish—within a few minutes, their jig was up. They’ll be on a deportation flight with two Nigerians who claimed Cameroonian but could not respond to the interpreter’s questions during their asylum hearings because neither understood French.; D Even if those schemes worked, biometrics would’ve soon caught up with them.

Guyana or Suriname would have been better. Illegal migration no good. I rather dey inside Ikot Ekpene dey till cassava.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Gerrard59(m): 12:46pm On Jan 24
tensazangetsu20:

To be honest I will never encourage a married man to leave Nigeria. Probably plan to have kids in countries that can give you citizenship. Carrying your whole family on student visa is a very stupid decision even if you get a scholarship. Most scholarship funds are only enough to take care of one person alone and not a family of 4 to 5 people.

So wetin the married men who are students from most developing countries with wives and children in Japan go do? lipsrsealed When I see them, I am intrigued because as I dey like this, if woman join me, let alone with children, I am finished! embarassed

1 Like

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:03pm On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

So wetin the married men who are students from most developing countries with wives and children in Japan go do? lipsrsealed When I see them, I am intrigued because as I dey like this, if woman join me, let alone with children, I am finished! embarassed

They will suffer the consequences. Married men should remain in Nigeria and plan the country with tinubu.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by EconFinance: 1:08pm On Jan 24
nigerianart:

I get
But one has to be ready for what's out there before venturing
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by EconFinance: 1:09pm On Jan 24
tensazangetsu20:

They will suffer the consequences. Married men should remain in Nigeria and plan the country with tinubu.
If you know you were gonna leave the country

Why marry before leaving
Well marry is still okay cos you and your wife fit dey navigate life together

When you begin to pop kids; then it is clear that you are not serious
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24
EconFinance:

If you know you were gonna leave the country

Why marry before leaving
Well marry is still okay cos you and your wife fit dey navigate life together

When you begin to pop kids; then it is clear that you are not serious

Only pop kids in countries where the child can lead to a citizenship. That's what anchor babies are for. Why born in a country that won't give you papers and wont give the child papers. They will deport all of you as a group grin grin grin
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Drickstore(m): 1:28pm On Jan 24
Gerrard59:

Guyana or Suriname would have been better. Illegal migration no good. I rather dey inside Ikot Ekpene dey till cassava.
You are very intelligent. I was thinking about it before I saw this comment.

1 Like

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Regex: 3:04pm On Jan 24
tensazangetsu20:

Only pop kids in countries where the child can lead to a citizenship. That's what anchor babies are for. Why born in a country that won't give you papers and wont give the child papers. They will deport all of you as a group grin grin grin

I told you of a friend who wanted to travel as of 2016, but impregnated his girlfriend. He is still iin Nigeria with three kids.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by lastkingsman: 4:25pm On Jan 24
Regex:

I told you of a friend who wanted to travel as of 2016, but impregnated his girlfriend. He is still iin Nigeria with three kids.

Kwakwakwa grin grin

Ije Nwoke no be here
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Regex: 5:29pm On Jan 24
lastkingsman:

Kwakwakwa grin grin

Ije Nwoke no be here

Another of my friend en girlfriend don born... His own reason deh vex me die... I mean the second one.
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by kot1917(m): 10:26pm On Jan 24
Kenn55:
As someone that attends a Nigerian church in Canada, what my eyes have seen in the last one year is appalling. Some Nigerians are greedy and opportunists.

Early this month, a newcomer showed up in church, after service he said he is a student that just arrived and looking for accommodation. Luckily there was this lady that finished in December and just got a job in another city and she is relocating. This man was asked to pay and takeover the room while the lady help him to connect to the landlord. It turns out that this guy/man had no money. He said he only has $250. The accommodation he was looking at isn't paid accommodation but free accommodation. He also begged if the church can help pay his school fees. Chai, I felt like giving him a dirty slap but I just excused myself and walked away.

Why are Nigerians like this? Which kind of greedy attitude is this? You manipulated proof of fund and came into a new country with only $250 and looking for who to help.
I understand Nigeria is not smiling at the moment but if you don't have what is takes to travel successful then manage Nigeria, it is not a do or die. This greedy attitude has to stop.

I didn't see him in church today, maybe he has gone somewhere else to try his luck

May God heal our land.... please support him if you can
Thanks
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Wizyoung(m): 7:34pm On Jan 25
nigerianart:

Let me give you one more thing to laugh:
In 2020 I stopped using Google Calendar for my ToDo List, why?
I would put things in my Calendar with alarm only for Google-Calendar to reject it as unrealistic (and am like, it is not an option, I must do these things TOMORROW and I need a reminder gaddam it!).

If you have double shift, you can't input it on Google Calendar, it would not accept it as realistic but it is our reality.

Oh my world.... Your comment made my evening.

Can't stop laughing... grin
Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by lokoventurex1(m): 12:07pm On Jan 26
Majority of the comments here are not nice, not nice at all. As much as i detest people travelling abroad with their spouses and kids without having adequate funds to survive, the more i frown at the bitter comments those of you that have travelled successfully throwing. That a guy came to church and was offered an apartment but couldn't pay shouldn't be rubbished. So your own fingers are equal? You will be suprised that guy has been helped ? And that doesn't make him foolish or unintelligent. Stop using people's issues to mock them. What happens if the Church can do a background check and if confirmed the guy is legal, they assist him with anything they can afford? After all, that's one of the services Churches are originally created for?

Some comments even said why come abroad if you don't have a six months money for back up(so everyone will have this?). If we check how some of you travelled, it was messier than this. What happens if one person go and the spouse joins later? I didn't see any emphasis on this at all. You guys think everybody's story is the same, it is not. I have seen many people that travelled without having up to that $250 the guy had, but are now Permanent Residency holders.

It is disgusting to read that you couldn't help someone and you still had to bring his story here to taunt or what ? If Nigeria was a good place, many of us won't travel abroad. It is almost impossible for someone with a family of 4 or more travels without having where to live and how to sustain his family sorted.

People will keep travelling and be fine irrespective of this rubbish thread.

3 Likes

Re: If You're Leaving Nigeria For Abroad - I Take God Beg Una by Obierika(m): 4:05pm On Jan 26
BigDawsNet:
If you won japa... be ready to work ur ass

For every dollar, pounds... you have to work like never before... ur eyes go see ham normal normal...

But at the end... it worth it

Just prepare ur mind

Stay bless

Most of them don't know this, they thing they will be picking dollars on the ground

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Can I Send Money To My Account From Canada / - / I Do Not Want To Japa But What Business Can I Start With 4 Million Naira.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.