Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,373 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven (521 Views)

Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Ebony Reigns' Mortuary Video Was Taken For Spiritual Purposes – Eagle Prophet / Nigerian Man Blasts Christians After Watching Blank Panther Movie In UK. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 6:30pm On Jan 21
ELIJAH’S WARNING TO CHRISTIANS
AFTER HE WAS TAKEN TO HEAVEN

The Living water belongs to anyone who will drink it. You did not see it because you did not look for it; and you did not see Him because you did not seek to see Him.

Even the youngest disciples are taught where to find the Living water and how to drink from it daily. Is there no discipleship left? Did you not have a mentor to teach you this?”

Natural waters may run dry or absent in the some of the driest wildernesses, but the Living Water never runs dry nor absent in any wilderness or desert. The living water is available to sojourners at any time and in any place, if you stay on the right path. When you are on the right path it will always be close to you, so find it, drink it often, and never go far from it. This is one of the most basic lessons you must learn for where you are headed and what you are called to do.”

Everything on the right path changes over time. Even though you have been here before, it did not look like this. You must understand this for the journey. The familiar things you are looking for to give you bearings are not the same, and you are not the same. Therefore, your guidance must come from your heart, your spirit. You must see with the eyes of your heart more clearly than you see with these eyes, or you will not stay on the right path.

There is more than one path, and all but one go to a place you do not want to go. There are delusions, deceptions, distractions, and traps all along the path. They are all there to divert you from your purpose. It will take more discernment, more wisdom, and more courage to stay on the right path than anyone has.

One road mark you can trust to keep you on the right path is the Living Water: It is sure compass and guide in your map through any wilderness or way. Always walk close by the Living Water, and always drink it whether you are thirsty or not, so long as you can drink more. Do not lose sight of the Living Water, less you get lost.

You don’t think you’ve ever been as close to death as you were just a few minutes ago. But after drinking this Living Water, you don’t think you have ever been this alive. You have a mental clarity you don’t remember ever having except when you were before the throne. Just a few minutes ago you could hardly think at all. Now you wish you can be this way all of the time.

You not only can be this way all the time, but you must remain as you are now all the time. Whenever you are in the Spirit, you are before the throne of God. His kingdom is within. The King is in you. You are His temple. To walk in truth is to know this and to live in His presence.

Until one is born again they cannot see the kingdom. But just because they are born again does not mean that they see it. Few of those who are born again in these times are opening their new eyes, their spiritual eyes. Few who are coming here now have seen the kingdom. It is a marvel that any get this far with so little vision. This is why so few are making it through even part of the wilderness.

The Lord gave the warning, ‘Woe to those who nurse babes in these times’, or ‘Woe to those who keep their people in immaturity in the last days’ [Matthew 24:19, Mark 13:17, Luke 21:23]. His warning was true—this is the great tragedy of your time.

It is the tragedy of your generation to have brought in the greatest harvest of the age, but then lost most of it. There is an even greater ingathering coming, and this must not happen again.

There is great rejoicing at a single sinner that repents, and there is great lamentation when a single one falls away. There are not many true disciples because there are not many true shepherds (pastors). You have excelled at making converts, but you are not making them into His disciples. The Great Commission is to make disciples. The Lord gave a definition of what a disciple is, and we have few who make it even this far because you are not making disciples. This is the bane of your age.

The church leaders have given themselves to building organizations and churches more than building people. You do have some great ministries and organizations being raised up, but great saints are becoming rare. The great commission is not to go into the world and build great cathedrals, ministries and organizations; but go into the world and make disciples of the Lord.

This is why the judgment of teachers is even more severe. Your shepherds (pastors) have been feeding themselves and have not taken care of the people. Now the final battle is near. We have an army where even its leaders do not know how to fight. Right now few could even survive the first attack. There are already many needless casualties because of this.

I came at the beginning of the age to help prepare the way for the Lord then, and I have come again at the end of the age to prepare the way for Him again. I do this by helping to prepare His people. Now the first thing that must be done to prepare for Him and the times is to make the leaders into disciples. They will not know how to make disciples if they have not been disciples.

No one can make it on this path who is not a disciple, and they certainly won’t last long in the battle without being one. There should be multitudes that are on this path now, but there are few.

You are the generation that was given the greatest resources, the most knowledge, the most freedom, but so few have come to the knowledge of the truth. Where are the shepherds?”

The last shall be first. The generation emerging is called to be the greatest of all. Right now, it is in the worst shape of all. This happened on your watch. Even so, ‘where sin abounds grace does that much more abound.’ There is still grace available to change this if you repent.

The fabric of Christianity in your time is very thin. You are as weak and unprepared, but this path will prepare you, and I will help you. I was with John the Baptist to do this in his time.

It begins with repentance. You cannot stay long on this path without a strong foundation of repentance. You must be quick to see your sin—quick to see your mistakes and to correct them. Some of you are quick to see your sin and mistakes. This is helpful, but you have not been quick to correct them, and that can be your doom. Repentance is more than feeling sorry for your sin, it is turning from the sin.

Only a foundation of repentance will keep you humble enough to walk in the grace of God. Humility is to be teachable and dependent on the Holy Spirit. This has not been a foundation that many have built upon in your time. You must start with preaching and teaching repentance. You must start praying for the Spirit to come to convict of sin. Your generation hardly even knows what sin is.

I prayed for the judgment of God to come upon my own nation. Then I had to challenge the false teachers and prophets of my time. This is a basic duty of the prophets. Where are your prophets? Where are your apostles? Where are the shepherds who will protect God’s people from the great deception of your time? Why are the wolves allowed to devour God’s people right in front of them and they do nothing?

I was taken up so that I would not see death so that I could return to prepare the way for the Lord. The Baptist loved the people enough to warn them. He loved them enough to risk his life to tell them the truth and to stand for the truth that could set them free. Where are those that can be used to prepare the way for the Lord in your time? Where are those who will even risk being rejected for the sake of the truth?

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Naijanascam: 7:14pm On Jan 21
It's like this warning is only meant for Africans and Nigeria in particular.... The time you used to compose the above text is enough for you to think deeper about what kept the black race backwards

2 Likes

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 10:03am On Jan 22
Naijanascam:
It's like this warning is only meant for Africans and Nigeria in particular.... The time you used to compose the above text is enough for you to think deeper about what kept the black race backwards

In my own evaluation, the Black Race is not backward in the sight of God compared to other races. What is your definition of backwardness? and what are your parameters?

Those who come to the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ may appear backward in carnal man's eyes, but spiritually they are advancing.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Naijanascam: 2:13pm On Jan 22
PCHC:

In my own evaluation, the Black Race is not backward in the sight of God compared to other races. What is your definition of backwardness? and what are your parameters?

Those who come to the faith in the Lord Jesus Christ may appear backward in carnal man's eyes, but spiritually they are advancing.

It's like you are only living in the spirit and stop using earthly things because black man is advancing spiritually instead of in physical development,activity and advancements.

This is laughable and shouldn't be repeated please

2 Likes

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 4:30pm On Jan 22
Naijanascam:

It's like you are only living in the spirit and stop using earthly things because black man is advancing spiritually instead of in physical development,activity and advancements.

This is laughable and shouldn't be repeated please

Again, in the sight of God, the Black race and Nigeria in particular is one of the most progressive nations and peoples in the program of God. As it is in the spiritual, so shall it manifest in the physical in the days to come.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Expanse2020(m): 4:48pm On Jan 22
I taught when helija went to heaven he didn't comeback again...
Abeg who come write all this narrative oo
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 6:10pm On Jan 22
Expanse2020:
I taught when helija went to heaven he didn't comeback again...
Abeg who come write all this narrative oo

Elijah has been coming back even after he was taken into heaven. E.g/

And His disciples asked Him, saying, Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first? And answering Jesus said to them, Elijah truly shall come first and restore all things. But I say to you that Elijah has come already, and they did not know him, but have done to him whatever they desired. Likewise also the Son of Man shall suffer from them. Then His disciples understood that He spoke to them about John the Baptist.
-- [Matthew 17:10-13 MKJV]

Behold, I am sending you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of Jehovah. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the sons, and the heart of the sons to their fathers, that I not come and strike the earth with utter destruction.
-- [Malachi 4:5-6 MKJV]
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Naijanascam: 4:19pm On Jan 23
PCHC:

Again, in the sight of God, the Black race and Nigeria in particular is one of the most progressive nations and peoples in the program of God. As it is in the spiritual, so shall it manifest in the physical in the days to come.

So shall it manifest in the physical in the days to come grin grin grin.... This statement alone is the most dumbest thing I've ever heard in this modern era...
Chinese
Russians
UAE
Qatar
Americans
And many other sane nations and
All the above mentioned countries are in the plan of the devil that's why they are progressing physically and not in the spirit.. Keep deceiving yaself with non existent hope

1 Like

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 8:47pm On Jan 23
Elijah didn't go to heaven. He didn't have the legal ground to go to heaven. He went to Abraham's bosom. This is where all the saints of old went to when they die or mysteriously taken away.

Yes, they saw him ascend. But I am very certain he descended from the sky to Abraham's bosom.

It was after Jesus resurrection that all the saints in Abraham's bosom were released and went with Jesus to heaven.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:29am On Jan 24
Ken4Christ:

Elijah didn't go to heaven. He didn't have the legal ground to go to heaven. He went to Abraham's bosom. This is where all the saints of old went to when they die or mysteriously taken away. Yes, they saw him ascend. But I am very certain he descended from the sky to Abraham's bosom. It was after Jesus resurrection that all the saints in Abraham's bosom were released and went with Jesus to heaven.

So no RESURRECTION for RIGHTEOUS ONES as they're now with Jesus in heaven. Act 24:15
Misinformed Churchgoers! grin
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:32am On Jan 24
Expanse2020:

I taught when helija went to heaven he didn't comeback again... Abeg who come write all this narrative oo
Elijah surely served God in his own time but in comparison with Christians he is not even our match because we know lots more than he does! Matthew 11:11
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Expanse2020(m): 8:18am On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

Elijah surely served God in his own time but in comparison with Christians he is not even our match because we know lots more than he does! Matthew 11:11
So you do know much than Elijah.....
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:09am On Jan 24
Expanse2020:

So you do know much than Elijah.....
Yes of course!
He served when servants of God still CURSE those that offended them but i now know better that sinners are not supposed to curse sinners but pray for them {Luke 6:27-28} he slaughtered pagans while i allow them to see God's grace {Luke 9:51-55} no wonder Jesus (God's Son) said we (Christians) are greater than John the baptist who is also greater than all those born through women! Matthew 11:11
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 9:21am On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

Yes of course!
He served when servants of God still CURSE those that offended them but i now know better that sinners are not supposed to curse sinners but pray for them {Luke 6:27-28} he slaughtered pagans while i allow them to see God's grace {Luke 9:51-55} no wonder Jesus (God's Son) said we (Christians) are greater than John the baptist who is also greater than all those born through women! Matthew 11:11

The Lord Jesus did not say Christians are greater than John the Baptist: Rather He said, "The Least of those in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist." There is great difference between those who have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven and Christians on earth.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 9:27am On Jan 24
Ken4Christ:
Elijah didn't go to heaven. He didn't have the legal ground to go to heaven. He went to Abraham's bosom. This is where all the saints of old went to when they die or mysteriously taken away.

Yes, they saw him ascend. But I am very certain he descended from the sky to Abraham's bosom.

It was after Jesus resurrection that all the saints in Abraham's bosom were released and went with Jesus to heaven.

Not all the saints went to Abraham's bosom when they died by then, except Lazarus and perhaps few children of Abraham. There were other places where the saints were collected after they died depending on how they died. E.g. Those who were martyred or killed, such as Abel, were not collected in the same place with those righteous ones who died natural death like Abraham. Many saints had died before Abraham was born. So disabuse your mind about "Abraham's bosom."

However, Elijah was translated so that he should not see death: and therefore, Elijah became a spirit or immortal, which is beyond what could be held in Abraham's bosom or any place in hell beneath. Indeed, Elijah became as Angel of God in heaven, like Enoch.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:27am On Jan 24
PCHC:

The Lord Jesus did not say Christians are greater than John the Baptist: Rather He said, "The Least of those in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist." There is great difference between those who have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven and Christians on earth.
So who are those that have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven before the Christ?
Remember that John is the greatest of all who has been born of women so John is greater than Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah and whoever may come to mind because they're all born of women. smiley
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:29am On Jan 24
PCHC:

Not all the saints went to Abraham's bosom when they died by then, except Lazarus and perhaps few children of Abraham. There were other places where the saints were collected after they died depending on how they died. E.g. Those who were martyred or killed, such as Abel, were not collected in the same place with those righteous ones who died natural death like Abraham. Many saints had died before Abraham was born. So disabuse your mind about "Abraham's bosom."

However, Elijah was translated so that he should not see death: and therefore, Elijah became a spirit or immortal, which is beyond what could be held in Abraham's bosom or any place in hell beneath. Indeed, Elijah became as Angel of God in heaven, like Enoch.

Read the passage below and explain it.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

1 Like

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 10:39am On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

So no RESURRECTION for RIGHTEOUS ONES as they're now with Jesus in heaven. Act 24:15
Misinformed Churchgoers! grin

They saints of the Old testament are already resurrected. The scripture says;

Matthew 27:52-54
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The passage above says;

1. That the graves opened. So, they were resurrected.
2. Bodies of the Saints which slept arose. Their bodies are not longer in the grave. Their tomb is empty.
3. They appeared to many. It means that they could be seen.

But for the saints of the New Testament, they are in heaven in their spirit form. They will be resurrected on the day of rapture.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Expanse2020(m): 11:54am On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

Yes of course!
So in the eyes of God christians are better and important than the person he sent as messanger to the Jews
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:26pm On Jan 24
Ken4Christ:

They saints of the Old testament are already resurrected. The scripture says;
Matthew 27:52-54
52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.
The passage above says;
1. That the graves opened. So, they were resurrected.
2. Bodies of the Saints which slept arose. Their bodies are not longer in the grave. Their tomb is empty.
3. They appeared to many. It means that they could be seen.
But for the saints of the New Testament, they are in heaven in their spirit form. They will be resurrected on the day of rapture.

Was Jesus talking about people who has been resurrected or awaiting resurrection at Matthew 11:11? smiley
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:31pm On Jan 24
Expanse2020:

So in the eyes of God christians are better and important than the person he sent as messanger to the Jews

From God's point of view Christians are the most important worshipers because they've learned from His Son how to live in God's Kingdom. That is what God told Moses to tell the Israelites:

"I will raise up for them from the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and I will put my words in his mouth, and he will speak to them all that I command him. Indeed, I will require an account from the man who will not listen to my words that he will speak in my name" Deuteronomy 18:18-19

So when Jesus came and the Jews rejected him the right to become God's special property was given to Christians no matter where you may come from as a Christian you are one of God's children! John 1:11-12

What you need to know is what quantify someone to become a Christian?

Don't just assume that anyone claiming Christian is one of us! Matthew 7:16-20; 15:8-9
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 2:00pm On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

Was Jesus talking about people who has been resurrected or awaiting resurrection at Matthew 11:11? smiley

He made that statement to emphasize the glory of those who will make heaven compared with those on earth.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:57pm On Jan 24
Ken4Christ:

He made that statement to emphasize the glory of those who will make heaven compared with those on earth.
So if John the baptist is not qualified and he is not lesser than any human before him that means no human before John the baptist qualified to go up to heaven and what is the criteria for going to heaven?
You must first be a Christian which makes the Christians greater than all those prophets mentioned in the Bible! smiley
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 4:16pm On Jan 24
MaxInDHouse:

So if John the baptist is not qualified and he is not lesser than any human before him that means no human before John the baptist qualified to go up to heaven and what is the criteria for going to heaven?
You must first be a Christian which makes the Christians greater than all those prophets mentioned in the Bible! smiley

You still don't understand the statement of Jesus. He never said that John the Baptist will not make heaven. He said that as great as John the Baptist is, the least person who will make heaven is greater than John the Baptist.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:21pm On Jan 24
Ken4Christ:

You still don't understand the statement of Jesus. He never said that John the Baptist will not make heaven. He said that as great as John the Baptist is, the least person who will make heaven is greater than John the Baptist.
So John will not go there otherwise he should be at least worth the least to make it there! smiley
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 8:18am On Jan 25
MaxInDHouse:

So who are those that have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven before the Christ?
Remember that John is the greatest of all who has been born of women so John is greater than Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, David, Elijah and whoever may come to mind because they're all born of women. smiley

Firstly, John the Baptist is not the greatest, neither is John the Baptist greater than those men of God you mentioned as quoted. The scriptures did not say John was greater than anyone, but said none born of a woman is greater than him. This means John the Baptist is just one of the greatest, but not the greatest.

In the kingdom of God, no man or angel is termed the greatest except the Lord Jesus Christ or God. So the highest ranks is for those classified as the "Rank of the Greatest."

John the Baptist only represented the greatest of souls or persons born of a woman, but it doesn't mean he was greater than all born of a woman.

To your question, "So who are those that have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven before the Christ?"

Part of getting a place in the Kingdom of God is getting a rank or level relative to the people and things in the Kingdom. It's Hierarchy, order and positioning. It's like in military, but far greater. Every angel, star, cherub or saint in heaven has a rank because he has a place in heaven. These three are important for identity of every one in heaven: Rank, Number or Name, and Class. As it is in heaven, so it is in the Kingdom of heaven.

What the Lord Jesus Christ was relating to us by comparing John the Baptist to every man on earth and then comparing John the Baptist to those in heaven is this:

The least person in the kingdom of heaven is far greater than the greatest person on earth. The least thing in heaven is greater than the greatest thing on earth. Heaven is far greater than the earth in all ramifications, to the degree that even the smallest or least thing in heaven is far greater than its counterpart on earth. E.g. the poorest man in the kingdom of heaven is far richer than the richest man on earth. Solomon in all his earthly glories and riches was not as glorious as the grass of the kingdom of God.
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:54am On Jan 25
PCHC:

Firstly, John the Baptist is not the greatest, neither is John the Baptist greater than those men of God you mentioned as quoted. The scriptures did not say John was greater than anyone, but said none born of a woman is greater than him. This means John the Baptist is just one of the greatest, but not the greatest.

In the kingdom of God, no man or angel is termed the greatest except the Lord Jesus Christ or God. So the highest ranks is for those classified as the "Rank of the Greatest."

John the Baptist only represented the greatest of souls or persons born of a woman, but it doesn't mean he was greater than all born of a woman.

To your question, "So who are those that have received ranks in the kingdom of heaven before the Christ?"

Part of getting a place in the Kingdom of God is getting a rank or level relative to the people and things in the Kingdom. It's Hierarchy, order and positioning. It's like in military, but far greater. Every angel, star, cherub or saint in heaven has a rank because he has a place in heaven. These three are important for identity of every one in heaven: Rank, Number or Name, and Class. As it is in heaven, so it is in the Kingdom of heaven.

What the Lord Jesus Christ was relating to us by comparing John the Baptist to every man on earth and then comparing John the Baptist to those in heaven is this:

The least person in the kingdom of heaven is far greater than the greatest person on earth. The least thing in heaven is greater than the greatest thing on earth. Heaven is far greater than the earth in all ramifications, to the degree that even the smallest or least thing in heaven is far greater than its counterpart on earth. E.g. the poorest man in the kingdom of heaven is far richer than the richest man on earth. Solomon in all his earthly glories and riches was not as glorious as the grass of the kingdom of God.

Upon all what you wrote no scriptures to back your writeup! smiley

Well let me tell you why Jesus said John the baptist is the greatest of all those that lived before him but lesser than Christians. Matthew 11:11

From Genesis to Revelations the one and only person all servants of God need to know for them to gain salvation is the Christ {John 17:3} that's why God told the Israelites who saw and lived with the greatest prophet Moses {Deuteronomy 34:10} that another prophet will be raised in their midst like Moses {Deuteronomy 18:18} and whoever wants salvation must listen to that prophet! Deuteronomy 18:19

Moses is the one and only prophet likened to a God just as Jesus was also likened to a God! Exodus 7:1; John 1:1

All the prophets including Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who were the patriarchs were eagerly anticipating the coming of the Christ but they never saw him! Luke 2:25-38

John didn't just see Jesus he was the one who BAPTIZED and God's Holy Spirit descending on Jesus like a dove and he was the first person to preach about Jesus and also directed people to join Jesus as his disciples!

All these made John the baptist the greatest of all humans who ever lived before him but then Christians who walked with Jesus and also got baptized with God's Holy Spirit the same way Jesus got baptized are greater than John the baptist because these ones will have their names written not only in the book of life but also in heaven where God and angels lives! Revelations 21:14

So if you don't know something just ask!
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 9:27am On Jan 25
Ken4Christ:

Read the passage below and explain it.

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

No man has ascended up to heaven until the Son of man, but there were men that was taken into heaven. You must differentiate between "Ascending? Climbed into heaven" and "Taken/caught up into heaven."

Use this example: "No fish has ascended or climbed a mountain or tree outside water, but there are fishes that were caught up/taken up to a mountain or tree by birds or land animals that took such fishes up there outside the waters."

Before the Lord Jesus Christ came as the Son born of a woman, there were men of God that were taken or caught up into heaven either by the Hand of God, by Clouds, by visions, by angels, or by Chariots of fire and horses. Adam was caught up by God's Hand into the first heaven (Garden of Eden) as soon as he was made a living soul. Enoch was translated and caught up into heaven because God took him. Elijah too was caught up by chariots and horses that were heavenly, not earthy horses that cannot stand fire.

Moreover, entering heaven is as simple as entering the spiritual realms like a portal. So prophets of God such as Moses, Samuel, Isaiah, Michaiah, Ezekiel, etc. that saw God entered heaven in spirit though their physical bodies were on earth. Ezekiel was getting caught up by the Spirit even with his whole body.

Yet, none of these men ascended into heaven even though they have been in heaven. The idea is that, it's not by their own hands; they had grace or help to get into heaven, which means they did not ascend into heaven but they got into heaven or where taken there by God's helping Hand or grace. It's like God not wanting the man to stretch out his hand and take of the tree of life and eat and live forever, by his hand except by God's helping hand.

Don't forget in Jacob's dream, angels were ascending and descending heaven on the ladder; and so it is with angels ascending and descending on the Son of man, the Lord Jesus Christ. And Manoah saw the man of God (angel) ascending on the smoke of the burnt offerings.

The Word, "Ascend into heaven" means "Exaltation:" and the word "Descend from heaven" means "Humbleness." It comes with implications to say someone ascend into heaven. Such implications include:

[1.]. Whoever ascended or ascends into heaven is automatically "God" or "Son of God:" Lucifer tried to qualify as God by attempting to ascend into heaven, but failed: As it is written, "For you have said in your heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." -- [Isaiah 14:13-14]

But the Lord Jesus Christ was the Son of man who first descended from heaven and also ascended, qualifying as the true God or Son of God. As it is written, "When He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive and gave gifts to men." (Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is the same also as He who ascended up far above all heavens, that He might fill all things.) - [Ephesians 4:8-10 MKJV]

So the Lord Jesus Christ saying no man has ascended into heaven does not mean no man has being in heaven, but means no man is God enough to do so. Acts of the Apostles says, "For David has not ascended into the heavens, but David (in spirit or in heavenly realm) says himself, "The LORD said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as a footstool to Your feet." Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God made this same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." - [Acts 2:34-36 MKJV]

So we agree that whoever descended and ascended into heaven is God, even if He is a Man. As it is written, "Who has ascended up into heaven, or descended? who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell? - [Proverbs 30:4 KJV]

[2.]. The second implication of saying one ascends heaven, but as God's Holy Hill, is that person is fully Worthy, Holy and Qualified in Righteousness; and that the everlasting doors will respect that person enough to open for him/her in the process of ascending. This is contained in this Psalm as it is written,

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in His holy place? He that has clean hands, and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek your face, O Jacob. Selah. Lift up your heads, O you gates; and be you lift up, you everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; even lift them up, you everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah. - [Psalms 24:3-10 KJV]
Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Emusan(m): 9:31am On Jan 25
MaxInDHouse:

Yes of course!

This hallgoer miscreant is now claiming to be a Christian.

Do you belong to Christ now after you didn't think twice to be under the old cursed and bastardized name(Christian)?

1 Like

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Ken4Christ: 11:44am On Jan 25
PCHC:

No man has ascended up to heaven until the Son of man, but there were men that was taken into heaven. You must differentiate between "Ascending? Climbed into heaven" and "Taken/caught up into heaven."

Use this example: "No fish has ascended or climbed a mountain or tree outside water, but there are fishes that were caught up/taken up to a mountain or tree by birds or land animals that took such fishes up there outside the waters."

Before the Lord Jesus Christ came as the Son born of a woman, there were men of God that were taken or caught up into heaven either by the Hand of God, by Clouds, by visions, by angels, or by Chariots of fire and horses. Adam was caught up by God's Hand into the first heaven (Garden of Eden) as soon as he was made a living soul. Enoch was translated and caught up into heaven because God took him. Elijah too was caught up by chariots and horses that were heavenly, not earthy horses that cannot stand fire.

Moreover, entering heaven is as simple as entering the spiritual realms like a portal. So prophets of God such as Moses, Samuel, Isaiah, Michaiah, Ezekiel, etc. that saw God entered heaven in spirit though their physical bodies were on earth. Ezekiel was getting caught up by the Spirit even with his whole body.

Yet, none of these men ascended into heaven even though they have been in heaven. The idea is that, it's not by their own hands; they had grace or help to get into heaven, which means they did not ascend into heaven but they got into heaven or where taken there by God's helping Hand or grace. It's like God not wanting the man to stretch out his hand and take of the tree of life and eat and live forever, by his hand except by God's helping hand.

Don't forget in Jacob's dream, angels were ascending and descending heaven on the ladder; and so it is with angels ascending and descending on the Son of man, the Lord Jesus Christ. And Manoah saw the man of God (angel) ascending on the smoke of the burnt offerings.

The Word, "Ascend into heaven" means "Exaltation:" and the word "Descend from heaven" means "Humbleness." It comes with implications to say someone ascend into heaven. Such implications include:

[1.]. Whoever ascended or ascends into heaven is automatically "God" or "Son of God:" Lucifer tried to qualify as God by attempting to ascend into heaven, but failed: As it is written, "For you have said in your heart, "I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." -- [Isaiah 14:13-14]

But the Lord Jesus Christ was the Son of man who first descended from heaven and also ascended, qualifying as the true God or Son of God. As it is written, "When He ascended up on high, He led captivity captive and gave gifts to men." (Now that He ascended, what is it but that He also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is the same also as He who ascended up far above all heavens, that He might fill all things.) - [Ephesians 4:8-10 MKJV]

So the Lord Jesus Christ saying no man has ascended into heaven does not mean no man has being in heaven, but means no man is God enough to do so. Acts of the Apostles says, "For David has not ascended into the heavens, but David (in spirit or in heavenly realm) says himself, "The LORD said to my Lord, Sit at My right hand until I place Your enemies as a footstool to Your feet." Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God made this same Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." - [Acts 2:34-36 MKJV]

So we agree that whoever descended and ascended into heaven is God, even if He is a Man. As it is written, "Who has ascended up into heaven, or descended? who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has bound the waters in a garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell? - [Proverbs 30:4 KJV]

[2.]. The second implication of saying one ascends heaven, but as God's Holy Hill, is that person is fully Worthy, Holy and Qualified in Righteousness; and that the everlasting doors will respect that person enough to open for him/her in the process of ascending. This is contained in this Psalm as it is written,

Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in His holy place? He that has clean hands, and a pure heart; who has not lifted up his soul to vanity, nor sworn deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation. This is the generation of them that seek Him, that seek your face, O Jacob. Selah. Lift up your heads, O you gates; and be you lift up, you everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; even lift them up, you everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, He is the King of glory. Selah. - [Psalms 24:3-10 KJV]

All these explanation for a simple verse.

If you know the far reaching effect of the sin of Adam passed on to every generation, you will not be writing this long essay.

The saints of Old couldn't enter heaven because their sins were not remitted. They all went to Abraham's bosom. They only had the legal right to enter heaven after Jesus paid the price for our sins.

Most of the true life stories of those who went to hell reveal the fact that they are first taken up to the sky before descending into hell through one of the tunnel.

If Elijah could make heaven, what is the essence of Jesus coming to die for mankind?

Satan will have the right to fault God's judicial system if he permit anyone to enter heaven when the price of sin has not been paid.

Maybe, this is too high for you. I won't bother to explain more to you. You can stick to your belief.

1 Like

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by Lukuluku69(m): 12:23pm On Jan 25
PCHC:
ELIJAH’S WARNING TO CHRISTIANS
AFTER HE WAS TAKEN TO HEAVEN

The Living water belongs to anyone who will drink it. You did not see it because you did not look for it; and you did not see Him because you did not seek to see Him.

Even the youngest disciples are taught where to find the Living water and how to drink from it daily. Is there no discipleship left? Did you not have a mentor to teach you this?”

Natural waters may run dry or absent in the some of the driest wildernesses, but the Living Water never runs dry nor absent in any wilderness or desert. The living water is available to sojourners at any time and in any place, if you stay on the right path. When you are on the right path it will always be close to you, so find it, drink it often, and never go far from it. This is one of the most basic lessons you must learn for where you are headed and what you are called to do.”

Everything on the right path changes over time. Even though you have been here before, it did not look like this. You must understand this for the journey. The familiar things you are looking for to give you bearings are not the same, and you are not the same. Therefore, your guidance must come from your heart, your spirit. You must see with the eyes of your heart more clearly than you see with these eyes, or you will not stay on the right path.

There is more than one path, and all but one go to a place you do not want to go. There are delusions, deceptions, distractions, and traps all along the path. They are all there to divert you from your purpose. It will take more discernment, more wisdom, and more courage to stay on the right path than anyone has.

One road mark you can trust to keep you on the right path is the Living Water: It is sure compass and guide in your map through any wilderness or way. Always walk close by the Living Water, and always drink it whether you are thirsty or not, so long as you can drink more. Do not lose sight of the Living Water, less you get lost.

You don’t think you’ve ever been as close to death as you were just a few minutes ago. But after drinking this Living Water, you don’t think you have ever been this alive. You have a mental clarity you don’t remember ever having except when you were before the throne. Just a few minutes ago you could hardly think at all. Now you wish you can be this way all of the time.

You not only can be this way all the time, but you must remain as you are now all the time. Whenever you are in the Spirit, you are before the throne of God. His kingdom is within. The King is in you. You are His temple. To walk in truth is to know this and to live in His presence.

Until one is born again they cannot see the kingdom. But just because they are born again does not mean that they see it. Few of those who are born again in these times are opening their new eyes, their spiritual eyes. Few who are coming here now have seen the kingdom. It is a marvel that any get this far with so little vision. This is why so few are making it through even part of the wilderness.

The Lord gave the warning, ‘Woe to those who nurse babes in these times’, or ‘Woe to those who keep their people in immaturity in the last days’ [Matthew 24:19, Mark 13:17, Luke 21:23]. His warning was true—this is the great tragedy of your time.

It is the tragedy of your generation to have brought in the greatest harvest of the age, but then lost most of it. There is an even greater ingathering coming, and this must not happen again.

There is great rejoicing at a single sinner that repents, and there is great lamentation when a single one falls away. There are not many true disciples because there are not many true shepherds (pastors). You have excelled at making converts, but you are not making them into His disciples. The Great Commission is to make disciples. The Lord gave a definition of what a disciple is, and we have few who make it even this far because you are not making disciples. This is the bane of your age.

The church leaders have given themselves to building organizations and churches more than building people. You do have some great ministries and organizations being raised up, but great saints are becoming rare. The great commission is not to go into the world and build great cathedrals, ministries and organizations; but go into the world and make disciples of the Lord.

This is why the judgment of teachers is even more severe. Your shepherds (pastors) have been feeding themselves and have not taken care of the people. Now the final battle is near. We have an army where even its leaders do not know how to fight. Right now few could even survive the first attack. There are already many needless casualties because of this.

I came at the beginning of the age to help prepare the way for the Lord then, and I have come again at the end of the age to prepare the way for Him again. I do this by helping to prepare His people. Now the first thing that must be done to prepare for Him and the times is to make the leaders into disciples. They will not know how to make disciples if they have not been disciples.

No one can make it on this path who is not a disciple, and they certainly won’t last long in the battle without being one. There should be multitudes that are on this path now, but there are few.

You are the generation that was given the greatest resources, the most knowledge, the most freedom, but so few have come to the knowledge of the truth. Where are the shepherds?”

The last shall be first. The generation emerging is called to be the greatest of all. Right now, it is in the worst shape of all. This happened on your watch. Even so, ‘where sin abounds grace does that much more abound.’ There is still grace available to change this if you repent.

The fabric of Christianity in your time is very thin. You are as weak and unprepared, but this path will prepare you, and I will help you. I was with John the Baptist to do this in his time.

It begins with repentance. You cannot stay long on this path without a strong foundation of repentance. You must be quick to see your sin—quick to see your mistakes and to correct them. Some of you are quick to see your sin and mistakes. This is helpful, but you have not been quick to correct them, and that can be your doom. Repentance is more than feeling sorry for your sin, it is turning from the sin.

Only a foundation of repentance will keep you humble enough to walk in the grace of God. Humility is to be teachable and dependent on the Holy Spirit. This has not been a foundation that many have built upon in your time. You must start with preaching and teaching repentance. You must start praying for the Spirit to come to convict of sin. Your generation hardly even knows what sin is.

I prayed for the judgment of God to come upon my own nation. Then I had to challenge the false teachers and prophets of my time. This is a basic duty of the prophets. Where are your prophets? Where are your apostles? Where are the shepherds who will protect God’s people from the great deception of your time? Why are the wolves allowed to devour God’s people right in front of them and they do nothing?

I was taken up so that I would not see death so that I could return to prepare the way for the Lord. The Baptist loved the people enough to warn them. He loved them enough to risk his life to tell them the truth and to stand for the truth that could set them free. Where are those that can be used to prepare the way for the Lord in your time? Where are those who will even risk being rejected for the sake of the truth?

Op, did Elijah preached to Christians? If not, how can you say with your full chest that he was "Warning Christians"?

1 Like

Re: Elijah’s Warning To Christians After He Was Taken To Heaven by PCHC(m): 3:47pm On Jan 25
Lukuluku69:

Op, did Elijah preached to Christians? If not, how can you say with your full chest that he was "Warning Christians"?

There was a time Moses and Elijah came to the Lord Jesus Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration, while Peter, James and John, were close by. They were speaking with the Lord Jesus and talking about His death and sufferings which He was about to experience in Jerusalem. As soon as they were done delivering their message and about to return to heaven, Peter and the other Christians who unfortunately were sleeping and weren't attentive to grab the details of the message or discussion began talking about setting up three tabernacle there on the mount, one for Jesus, another for Moses and the third for Elijah.

Elijah truly had been coming and speaking as witness from heaven, and not just him but some of God's messengers who still have their parts in witnessing even in the last days. Infact, in Revelation 11, two witnesses of God (men of God) who never died on earth before entering heaven and becoming part of heaven shall eventually be sent to walk the earth again and witness as men of God. Then they would later be get killed and die for the first time on earth: for it is appointed to man, "Once to die" or man can only die one times, and not more than once. Then in about three and half days, they would rise from the dead and ascend into heaven physically.

Elijah came in spirit in John the Baptist to prepare the way of the Lord Jesus Christ then, and Elijah comes even in our last days or era of Christians to prepare the way of the second coming of the LORD. Indeed, there are men who have already began to hear him as the Voice that speaks in the wilderness.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Taking Responsibility / Pls Read This,act Now,become A Millionaire / Lead Us Not Into Temptation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.