Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

The Man In The Mirror: Or What He Said. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Man In The Mirror: Or What He Said. (777 Views)

Demon In The Mirror / The Man In The Church And Other Stories / The Mirror Of My Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Man In The Mirror: Or What He Said. by eyekay(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2011
I am the dark Anonymous. The darkness within. The bad side you won't admit to having. The inner consciousness that for you to succeed, some others have to fail. I'm that sudden twinge of doubt you get when you start reading this piece. I'm the cruel joke that you label harmless fun, the slander you call gist, and the destructive vice you call a social habit. I am vindictive, but you can call me equable, giving as good as I get. I'm the part of you that wishes that something goes horribly wrong with your colleague so that you can do better than him or her, and I have a stronger influence on you than you'll willingly admit. I'm the part of you that is chortling with malicious glee at someone else's demotion, because you know the light of your own promotion will shine a wee bit brighter. I'm the mad rage that you call indignation, the harshness you term strictness, and the stingy miserly scrooge that you label frugal and prudent. I'm the meanness you call firmness, and I'm the blatant rudeness you call merely being blunt. I'm witty, I'm creative, and I'm twisted, and in case you read this, and dismiss it as crap, rest assured, that's me talking. Look deep within, stare me in the face, and admit. I exist. Alive, well, inside you. Yes, You. Thank you for admitting.
Re: The Man In The Mirror: Or What He Said. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
The mirror is strange, what do you see each time you
take a lostful glance on it?,yea you will always see
yourself,perhaps and nothing else. however the mirror is
unequivocal in action, piling up thoughts is the secret of
the undermind and it can be stimulated by the mirror.
take every careful look deep at the man on the mirror and
you will get the impression of the undermind. it will give
you all rational thinking that you need to excel, could this
be evil, perhaps evil disposition is malignant to the living
of others. thoughts gain strength by recurring, when
haven an impure thought before the mirror it will reflect
towards you at each glance. and to overcome the
disposition is impregnable until it accomplishment. don't
stare at the mirror when you are distress.

(1) (Reply)

Subsidy / Naija Blogosphere And Plagiarism / Olamide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.