Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,032 members, 7,810,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters (21417 Views)

Yuletide: Ganduje Declares 19-Day Holiday For APC Workers / "How I Survived 4-hour Ordeal In Kidnappers’ Den" —Justice Pemu (Picture) / President Buhari Meets With Freed Abuja-kaduna Train Victimes In Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Islie: 10:26pm On Jan 21

Five of the six sisters of the Al-Kadriyar family who were kidnapped by bandits in the Bwari area of Abuja and regained their freedom on Saturday, January 20, have narrated their ordeals while in captivity.

The Nation reports gunmen killed the eldest of the six sisters – Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar and dumped her body somewhere for her parents to bury.

Nabeeha and her sisters were abducted alongside their father, Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar on Wednesday, January 3. Nabeeha has been laid to rest according to Islamic rites.

She was a 400-level student of biological science, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

Other siblings include: Najeebah Al-Kadriyar (500 level, Quantity Surveying); Nadheerah Al-Kadriyar (300 level, Zoology) both students of ABU; Aneesah and Adeebah

Najeebah who posted on ‘X’, on Sunday after regaining freedom said: “You know on Friday, we walked from 10am till the next 4am or even later. They wouldn’t let us rest, they wouldn’t let us drink water. We only got to drink water around 10am yesterday morning. At a point, I almost gave up, I almost asked them to just kill me.

“But then I was like I can’t leave my sisters here. I kept thinking, we’ve paid the ransom, why won’t they let us go? Then yesterday, I was like my Rabb, if we actually leave this place today, I will never doubt how great and amazing you are. I don’t think anyone understands how I feel right now.

“Allah really said “I’m always listening, my answers might not be the way you like it, but I’m always listening so be patient” I’m soooo in awe, I’m still in awe wallah. Subhannallah, Allah truly is the greatest. Allah’s blessings was there in every way.

“I’m soo happy there wasn’t any molestation cos that was everyone’s greatest fear during the ordeal. Like, they were so against it. I don’t understand why but I counted it as a blessing from my Lord. Ya Dhul Jalal Wal Ikram, Shukran. Your blessings were immense.

“Alhamdulilah. I’m immensely grateful for your prayers and support throughout this ordeal.

This was the greatest test of my life but wallah Allah’s mercy was bountiful as well as it was endless. Thank you all so much

“I still can’t wrap my head around the fact that my uncle actually died that night. I just found out last night. I called and they said he was fine. Inalilahi waina ilaehi raji’un. Ya Allah grant him jannah and forgive his shortcomings. Inalilahi waina ilaehi raji’un.”

Another sister, Nadheerah in a terse post on her personal ‘X’ page said: “Alhamdulillah”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/our-19-day-experience-in-kidnappers-captivity-by-freed-abuja-sisters/

Nlfpmod

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by joceey(m): 10:27pm On Jan 21
Thank GOD

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:39pm On Jan 21
Thank God for freedom but, what about the drones Nigeria police were displaying some days ago?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by illicit(m): 10:41pm On Jan 21
E be like say dis ones never know say dem kill Nabeeha...

RIP Nabeeha
🤕

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21
You can never see Reno omokri post against kidnapping on his Facebook page, but if it's about Peter obi or 1967 biafrans war he will post and even translate it to hausa language. God forbid!

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Ahmed0336(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21
fuckingAyaya:
Thank God for freedom but, what about the drones Nigeria police were displaying some days ago?
Like seriously
Just leave matter for Mathias.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by matify83: 10:43pm On Jan 21
Instead of the press disturbing their peace, the government needs to grant them free access to psychologic examination and counselling sessions.

Their ordeal was really harrowing.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by jmoore(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21
She confirmed the payment of ransom.
So why are some people acting like Army rescued them?
An armed criminal gang just cashed out 100 million naira. You think they are going to buy ludo with the money?

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by DaddyJapan(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21
Najeebah who posted on ‘X’, on Sunday after regaining freedom said: “You know on Friday, we walked from 10am till the next 4am or even later. They wouldn’t let us rest, they wouldn’t let us drink water. We only got to drink water around 10am yesterday morning. At a point, I almost gave up, I almost asked them to just kill me.

“But then I was like I can’t leave my sisters here. I kept thinking, we’ve paid the ransom, why won’t they let us go? Then yesterday, I was like my Rabb, if we actually leave this place today, I will never doubt how great and amazing you are. I don’t think anyone understands how I feel right now.

versus

Bwari kidnapping: Nigeria police secure release of sisters taken from Abuja

...Nigerian police say they have successfully rescued five sisters who were held hostage after being kidnapped in the country's capital.

The girls were freed in a joint police-army operation in a forest in northern Nigeria on Saturday night.

They were taken from their home in Abuja earlier this month, along with another sister who was later killed.

The kidnappers had demanded a ransom for their release, but the statement made no mention of one being paid.
Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68047140

Najeebah thanks Allah, makes no mention of the joint police-army operation mentioned here, leaving it difficult to reconcile the two accounts offered. All the same, what is important is that the girls are back home safely.

A proper assessment of any intel acquired will no doubt follow in due course.

9 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Dpharisee: 11:01pm On Jan 21
Please did any of the bandits speak Igbo language or claims to be a Christian because the way the Police has been mentioning Chinaza as the kingpin of all kidnappings is highly suspicious and looks bigoted

fuckingAyaya:
You can never see Reno omokri post against kidnapping on his Facebook page, but if it's about Peter obi or 1967 biafrans war he will post and even translate it to hausa language. God forbid!

Now that 'Chinaza' has been mentioned by the Police in an unrelated kidnapping incident just watch out for Reno epistle and table shaking cheesy

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by ValCon888: 11:09pm On Jan 21
The army said no ransom was paid, but one of the victims has confirmed the ransom payment.

Rather than admit their ineptitude and seek for help they continue to spew propaganda.

Believe this APC government at your own risk.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Artiiclebeast: 11:24pm On Jan 21
I'm shocked they made no mention of their murdered sister after mentioning their uncle's.

Perhaps, the family is still hiding the news from them.

Our security agents won't stop amazing me with their lack of cohesion, coordination, and confirmable press releases.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by flore1823: 11:31pm On Jan 21
But then I was like I can’t leave my sisters here. I kept thinking, we’ve paid the ransom, why won’t they let us go?
After bandits released them, those toothless useless dirty soldier kon dey take pics saying they were rescued without paying ransom lol...

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Blakjewelry(m): 11:33pm On Jan 21
fuckingAyaya:
It was an hostage situation, you cant go gun blazing.

1 Like

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by munavi: 11:34pm On Jan 21
May the soul of the departed rest in peace. May God comfort the family.

Our government really need to do something about the insecurities in this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by tollyboy5(m): 12:57am On Jan 22
illicit:

RIP Nabeeha
🤕
I swear down, Dem no want make Dem break down

But the news go soon reach their hearing

7 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Alexis11: 3:16am On Jan 22
fuckingAyaya:

Leave the legend alone, una too dey find e trouble.
Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Alexis11: 3:18am On Jan 22
Artiiclebeast:
I'm shocked they made no mention of their murdered sister after mentioning their uncle's.

Perhaps, the family is still hiding the news from them.

Our security agents won't stop amazing me with their lack of cohesion, coordination, and confirmable press releases.

The probably didn't know yet.
Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Gandollar(f): 6:24am On Jan 22
This is so painful to think about. Nigeria failed you.
Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Gandollar(f): 6:30am On Jan 22
fuckingAyaya:
Reno is a damned soul, allow him whatever makes him sleep at night.

10 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by davillian(m): 7:10am On Jan 22
And someone said
The Nigerian army were flexing muscles like they rescued d girls not knowing ransom was paid ... grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Beverlyjean(f): 7:14am On Jan 22
I taught the moment the arrested chinaza , the girls and others will be freed .... foooooolllllllsssss

8 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Brenbentondiaz: 7:16am On Jan 22
DaddyJapan:

versus

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-68047140

Najeebah thanks Allah, makes no mention of the joint police-army operation mentioned here, leaving it difficult to reconcile the two accounts offered. All the same, what is important is that the girls are back home safely.

A proper assessment of any intel acquired will no doubt follow in due course.

You trust the police? It's easier to believe the devil than to believe the police.

3 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by IVORY2009(m): 7:21am On Jan 22
We thank God for their release....

1 Like

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Kevineleven(m): 7:43am On Jan 22
illicit:

RIP Nabeeha
🤕
Walahi, they want mk dem recover from shock first.

1 Like

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by Kevineleven(m): 7:45am On Jan 22
jmoore:
She confirmed the payment of ransom.
So why are some people acting like Army rescued them?
An armed criminal gang just cashed out 100 million naira. You think they are going to buy ludo with the money?
Even the media is saying that they were rescued, all the radio stations, thank God for Nairaland o, it seems we get the gists even before these radio stations.

3 Likes

Re: Our 19-Day Experience In Kidnappers’ Captivity, By Freed Abuja Sisters by money121(m): 7:59am On Jan 22
All is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Names TY Danjuma, Dangote In Committee On North-East Rehabilitation / Fuel Price Hike: Nigerians Dump Personal Cars For Public Transport, Car-Sharing / Peter Obi Visits Vatican For The Canonization Of Mother Teresa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.