Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. (216 Views)

My Senior Colleague And His Wife's Messy Marital Life. Things Are Happening / Florence Mosunmola Otedola Change Of Name On Newspaper That Got People Talking / Marital War: You Are My Girlfriend, Not Wife – Husband (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. by Omobalo67: 3:36pm On Jan 22
Hello Nairalanders,

Is there any Nigerian law that mandates a married woman to change her surname to reflect her Marital Status to a man?

And can she by any means choose to retain her fathers name for official purposes after marriage?
Re: Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. by immortalcrown(m): 3:49pm On Jan 22
It is optional but every choice has a consequence.
Re: Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. by GboyegaD(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22
What was the discussion between the couple before marriage on this? If there is a conclusion, it should be followed otherwise, they can discuss it and reach a conclusion of their choice.
Re: Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. by Capernum: 5:33pm On Jan 22
I want to learn too because my wife have been claiming too busy to change hers. And I am only observing. I will soon change it for her. Order for a refund of my bride price and update my status back to single.... Then japa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Change Of Name Due To Marital Status. by MhizGladys(f): 11:26pm On Feb 08
My own question about it is how does one go about NiN, BVN and passport book bearing your old name, after change of name.
Should one just get a new identity for them all I.e. New NIN, new BVN, New Passport??

(1) (Reply)

If Igbo Girl Born For You Marrying Her Because Harder Unlike Other Tribes. / Have You Been Hit/punched Or Lost A Valuable At The Bus Stop? / Create Your Family Common Ground Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.